Aa
A
A
Close

Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

1 - 20 (of 1145) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am women 25, had great hair, very thick never experienced hairfall not even during hairwash. Have started having very sudden hairfall. I have had dandruff but this was never a prob but I went to a dermatologist he gave me ketoconazo...
LostHope123 | Last answer
okay so my hair is randomly falling out in large clumps and so I went to a dermatologist to see what was up. they wanted to do a blood test to check for some things and if nothing came back on that then they wanted to do a biopsy on my s...
megangrace16 | Last answer
I'm 30 yo female, over the past 6months ive had hair growning on my chin and its very corse it grows that quick im plucking it every second day. Also only days ago on the back of my scalp, i noticed or seems to be my hair has gone in al...
fallenout | Posted
16777440_tn?1451369847
I used to have full hair until I started living in pre university hostel.Now that my pre university education is complete I left the hostel. I've lost half of my hair while I lived in hostel. The water used for bathing ain't good.Now can...
WyldStyle | Last answer
Hello - I was wondering if it is possible that Botox could cause hair loss? I have used Botox regularly for the last 7 years and in the last year, noticed that my hair has been thinning. I have always had fine, fragile hair and also just...
noonie72 | Last answer
1640745_tn?1300662096
Hi there, I am a 28 years old female with no major health problems I am aware of. For two months now I've been experiencing severe hair loss ( half of the hair mass on the head is gone). I also noticed that I lose an unprecedented amo...
thanks_for_help | Last answer
4255670_tn?1355936577
I am a 38 year old married female with 4 children in good general health with severe hair loss. =( The hair loss started in May of 2010, subsiding for awhile at the end of 2011 and picking back up drastically early in 2012. My last dai...
Cmbaker06 | Last answer
(I have labelled this as hair loss because it was the closest topic to my problem, but I haven't actually had any hair loss whatsoever). Hello, Over the past 3/4 years my hair (on my head) gradually become coarse, wiry, dry and very ...
creda92 | Last answer
I am 35yrs old & experiencing hair loss. At 1st it was gradual. Started at the top back of my head, now top &front. I am researching all possible causes & came across scarring alopecia. If it so happens to be the case..& i hope its not.....
m2nana | Last answer
I have been recently losing my hair at the tender age of 23 even without all my facial hair coming in. Anway I went to a Derm she said i had early signs male pattern baldness and put me on propecia which I have been on for about 15 days....
redwing3 | Last answer
I am a female and just turned 29. I was diagnosed a couple of months ago with Alopecia Areata, where the immune system attacks the hair folicles. My hair has been thinning drastically for close to two years and I've developed a huge bald...
sb925 | Last answer
I was put on 25 mg Metoprolol (12.5mg 2x per day) on April 4, 2012 for a multicfocal atrial tachycardia event (lasted a day). Echocardiogram showed that my heart is in great shape. All was finew/ the Metoprolol (no side effects) until...
laprof | Last answer
440193_tn?1293814117
Hello there, I'm hoping someone out there may have experianced this problem, or may have some ideas as to what is going on with me,For the last six month, I have been steadly losing the hair on the right side of my body,my mother is a ha...
puddles66 | Last answer
Could stress cause my head to itch and tingle (and lose hair) or is my hair loss related to some other medical problem?
Deb421 | Last answer
I am a 25 year old male and my hairline has receded noticeably in the last few years in the sides. (the middle is relatively okay) I recently discovered that I have had nutritional deficiencies for quite a while, and started treatment...
porty2 | Last answer
I've been experiencing hair loss for over a month now. I'm wondering how much hair is too much hair to be losing within two days of washing it.. I've always had very thick hair. I am hispanic so my hair is very coarse. I've dealt wit...
ambxo | Posted
Since I was born I've always had very fine hair. When I was younger the barbers used to say that it was the finest they've seen. I'm now 19 and my hairline looks like it is very bad. Both my temples are at least an inch above the middle ...
davidb1996 | Posted
Hi, I have been experiencing hair loss for the past 3 months and im not sure why. A couple pf months before i started losing hair i was on doxycycline 50mg twice a day for about two months as well as metformin for pcos. I also had my...
abcde85 | Last answer
Over the last few years I have lost almost more than half of my hair and I'm only 18 now, I don't know if it's because of the depression that I had and still do or because I gained so much weight. I tried taking biotin for 3months but th...
REEM_abdul | Last answer
in my head have dandruff. i went hospitalthey give anti dandrf shapoo.. even though its not cure... i heavy hair loss.. is bec of dandruff im lossing hair.. hair which one is fall, it is shorter then other hair.
krishmech | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...