Aa
A
A
Close

Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

21 - 40 (of 1144) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I have been experiencing hair loss for the past 3 months and im not sure why. A couple pf months before i started losing hair i was on doxycycline 50mg twice a day for about two months as well as metformin for pcos. I also had my ...
abcde85 | Last answer
Hi there, Would really appreciate any professional medical advice, even if just inklings that could prove useful. It's been about half a year since my one of my best friends started losing hair, at first just on head but then start...
I'm an 18 year old female who dyed my hair a couple years back. Apparently the person who did this at the salon covered my WHOLE SCALP with the dye. After that I noticed my hair thinning and falling out a lot. I've had at least twice or ...
hisalweisu | Posted
Several related incidents caused a great deal of stress for me and I started to lose hair on the crown area and down back. Prior I had thick hair very abundant and never a problem. I had used hair color products as the gray starte...
sickatheart | Posted
Hi.. I've had these white small bulbs in my hair for a while now. They are sometimes at the end of the strand, or even in the middle. I have attached a photo for a better understanding. Can someone tell me what this is, why it hap...
I've noticed that I've been losing eyebrow hair as well as eyelash hairs recently. It became apparent after the first couple of weeks of college. It might be due to poor diet. I used to pull on them several months ago but I stopped that ...
JohnRay | Posted
Dear people, after a long time I visited a hairdresser who was brushing my hair in a very rough way and pulling at my hair constantly which was quite painful, but I thought she was a proffessional and should know what she was doing. H...
ArwenRivendell | Posted
Hi frieds, I have been facing a alopecia problem from 5 months,it started as a small patch and began growing ,now its 2*2 inch , i have small patch on other side too, i have been under treatment,taking tablets an applying monaxidil,an...
Manu291188 | Posted
Dear Doctor, I would like to mention one of the concerns i have in regards to pregnancy. my Girlfriend has bit of extra ordinary unanted hairgrowth on her body which she is already being embarrassed. The concern I have is, Do we have ...
imty_manu | Last answer
15607012_tn?1442453350
Hi there, my name is Ryan I'm a 31 year old male and I have some unusual hair loss that I need some help with identifying. The hair loss is on both of my legs and it first began in 2004 when I was 21 years old. It didn't seem troublin...
Ryan83 | Last answer
I've heard my hair loss is an auto immune disease and I need to see which organ it's affecting. Not quite understanding this. What type of tests do I need to do for this?
9669 | Posted
Hi, I have been facing hair pain ( pain in the roots as well) when ever i comb or move with my hands. Surprisingly, when my hair gets dirty they pain more. I drive a motorcycle, so when i wear helmet it pains more, mainly from cente...
Manik13 | Posted
Does that shampoo for hair growth work I forget what its called but its 35 bucks. I've been goin to methadone clinic for 3 months I'm 28 and my hair is half gone almoat its crazy it comes out in clumps I'm scared to death I'm only at 90 ...
Ash2787 | Posted
Hi I need your help! My hair is falling out in clumps, gaining weight, and dark spots all over my face all since i came off of yasmin, i was on the pill for ten years and tried to come off once when my derm told me to go back on because...
StaceySC | Last answer
been experiencing hair loss at the front for the past 6 months it's getting worse. Doctors don't take me seriously. My ferritin is 26 but doctors say that's normal because hemaglobin is normal. I also have receding gums and easy bruising...
Lara30 | Last answer
15439126_tn?1444446763
I'm intrigued by the regularly referred to double blind study about massaging essential oils into your scalp that appeared to show a good (1/3rd of the participants?) success rate when checked at the three and seven month points. It see...
ScalpMassager | Last answer
paetow. Hi there have a problem with beta blocker metoprolol. Since taking this drug I am loosing all my hair. I am a male with an A-fib condition. So my doctor wanted wanted me on a beta blocker. I said your the boss until the side eff...
Paetow | Posted
paetow. Hi there have a problem with beta blocker metoprolol. Since taking this drug I am loosing all my hair. I am a male with an A-fib condition. So my doctor wanted wanted me on a beta blocker. I said your the boss until the side eff...
Paetow | Posted
hi out there. I really need some help with this bêta blocker and hair loss. I am male taking toprolol for the last 6 months. After 2 months of taking this beta blocker I noticed my hair coming out in clumps I became very concerned and ve...
Paetow | Posted
6579347_tn?1388505968
Hello - question regarding hair thinning. 2 months ago, I started having consistent PVC (skipped heart beats). 1 month ago, I started shedding like a bad dog! I've experienced hair falling out before, usually due to stress or a chan...
mele48 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources