Aa
A
A
Close

Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

21 - 40 (of 1154) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am 35yrs old & experiencing hair loss. At 1st it was gradual. Started at the top back of my head, now top &front. I am researching all possible causes & came across scarring alopecia. If it so happens to be the case..& i hope its not.....
  Posted
I have been recently losing my hair at the tender age of 23 even without all my facial hair coming in. Anway I went to a Derm she said i had early signs male pattern baldness and put me on propecia which I have been on for about 15 days....
  Posted
I am a female and just turned 29. I was diagnosed a couple of months ago with Alopecia Areata, where the immune system attacks the hair folicles. My hair has been thinning drastically for close to two years and I've developed a huge bald...
  Posted
Could stress cause my head to itch and tingle (and lose hair) or is my hair loss related to some other medical problem?
  Posted
I am a 25 year old male and my hairline has receded noticeably in the last few years in the sides. (the middle is relatively okay) I recently discovered that I have had nutritional deficiencies for quite a while, and started treatment...
  Posted
I've been experiencing hair loss for over a month now. I'm wondering how much hair is too much hair to be losing within two days of washing it.. I've always had very thick hair. I am hispanic so my hair is very coarse. I've dealt wit...
  Posted
Since I was born I've always had very fine hair. When I was younger the barbers used to say that it was the finest they've seen. I'm now 19 and my hairline looks like it is very bad. Both my temples are at least an inch above the middle ...
  Posted
Hi, I have been experiencing hair loss for the past 3 months and im not sure why. A couple pf months before i started losing hair i was on doxycycline 50mg twice a day for about two months as well as metformin for pcos. I also had my...
  Posted
Over the last few years I have lost almost more than half of my hair and I'm only 18 now, I don't know if it's because of the depression that I had and still do or because I gained so much weight. I tried taking biotin for 3months but th...
  Posted
in my head have dandruff. i went hospitalthey give anti dandrf shapoo.. even though its not cure... i heavy hair loss.. is bec of dandruff im lossing hair.. hair which one is fall, it is shorter then other hair.
  Posted
I'm a 23 Male For a few years now I been getting thin hair on the top of my head and it barely grows back to its normal state.but for the past 2 years I been getting these white spots on my head and when I dig it I get a white goo on u...
  Posted
Hi, I have been experiencing hair loss for the past 3 months and im not sure why. A couple pf months before i started losing hair i was on doxycycline 50mg twice a day for about two months as well as metformin for pcos. I also had my ...
  Posted
Hi there, Would really appreciate any professional medical advice, even if just inklings that could prove useful. It's been about half a year since my one of my best friends started losing hair, at first just on head but then start...
  Posted
I'm an 18 year old female who dyed my hair a couple years back. Apparently the person who did this at the salon covered my WHOLE SCALP with the dye. After that I noticed my hair thinning and falling out a lot. I've had at least twice or ...
  Posted
Several related incidents caused a great deal of stress for me and I started to lose hair on the crown area and down back. Prior I had thick hair very abundant and never a problem. I had used hair color products as the gray starte...
  Posted
Hi.. I've had these white small bulbs in my hair for a while now. They are sometimes at the end of the strand, or even in the middle. I have attached a photo for a better understanding. Can someone tell me what this is, why it hap...
  Posted
I've noticed that I've been losing eyebrow hair as well as eyelash hairs recently. It became apparent after the first couple of weeks of college. It might be due to poor diet. I used to pull on them several months ago but I stopped that ...
  Posted
Dear people, after a long time I visited a hairdresser who was brushing my hair in a very rough way and pulling at my hair constantly which was quite painful, but I thought she was a proffessional and should know what she was doing. H...
  Posted
Hi frieds, I have been facing a alopecia problem from 5 months,it started as a small patch and began growing ,now its 2*2 inch , i have small patch on other side too, i have been under treatment,taking tablets an applying monaxidil,an...
  Posted
Dear Doctor, I would like to mention one of the concerns i have in regards to pregnancy. my Girlfriend has bit of extra ordinary unanted hairgrowth on her body which she is already being embarrassed. The concern I have is, Do we have ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...