Aa
A
A
Close

Hearing Loss Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

41 - 60 (of 766) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
7052683_tn?1392942395
Hi Guys , I now have a new forum interest. Sudden Hearing Loss. Diagnosed yesterday after a month of thinking it was just allergies, ear wax, etc, DID NOT think it was a big deal---WRONG!!! Do NOT allow this sudden hearing impairme...
CML2014 | Last answer
About a week ago, I was at home at the computer (I believe I was listening to music at the time), and I noticed that the hearing in my left ear had been significantly diminished (but not completely gone). About a minute (perhaps even les...
ablewasi | Last answer
I just had my third injection after waking up a week ago completely deaf in one ear. My first injection was the day after I woke up with SSHL in my right ear and had been started on oral steroids. My question is regarding pain of these...
MDBuckles | Last answer
I have had hearing loss SSHL in one ear since 1998. It happened over night and I never recovered any of my hearing in my right ear. I cannot hear anything. Is there anyone that has had this problem for a long time? If so, has there ...
glorobin | Last answer
I experienced sudden loss is total hearing on Aoril 12. Instacare said I may get ear infection so u was given Zithromax, saudades and Flonase and told my hearing would be gone for a week or more. After Zithromax done I was having my hair...
Judi222 | Last answer
Hi everyone, Your posts have all been very helpful. I am a healthy 34 yo female that developed pulsitile tinnitus with mild-moderate sensiorneural hearing loss in my right ear approximately 1 year ago. I was preganant at the time I f...
sr81 | Posted
On Sunday May 31, 2015 I was struck open handed on side of my face covering my ear. Immediate pain followed and did not stop. Went to dr who said I was suffering from head trauma and trauma to my ear drum, possible hearing lose...bruised...
robjoy | Posted
April 8, 2015 sitting in my rm, a sudden tone started in my left ear. Couple minutes later went completely deaf. Thinking it was something minor I just waited it out for a couple hours. Then the vertigo, nausea, dizzness set in. I decide...
hank3160 | Last answer
I experienced sudden loss is total hearing on Aoril 12. Instacare said I may get ear infection so u was given Zithromax, saudades and Flonase and told my hearing would be gone for a week or more. After Zithromax done I was having my hair...
Judi222 | Posted
14020917_tn?1432566928
Dear Sir, i am from Lahore and from December 2014 to-date i am working on a project being in Computer Operator. I am suffering from last 2-months with flu related Allergy, also infect my ears as well as cough (‘flu’ and ‘rhinitis) i a...
mshafiq97 | Posted
I have had the strangest thing happening to me for years and after searching the Internet all over I came here to see if I can get an explanation. I will out of the blue have sudden partial hearing loss in one ear accompanied by loud...
kidsnoopy | Last answer
I'm a 32 year old female. About 2 months ago I started feeling a bit off-balanced and sometimes I would have mini episodes of vertigo. I would sit at my desk for example, and suddenly the room would spin to one side a little. But literal...
daniela77 | Last answer
Like 3 days ago, I woke up and my ears were hurting, they felt stuffed and sounds were muffled in the right ear. I thought it would pass so I ignored it for a while. I noticed at work that the left ear was muffled now and it felt like so...
Wrxx | Posted
When I was 4 years old I had surgery to place rubes in both ears. Due to complications I lost almost all hearing in my right ear. For 24 years I have only heard muffled noises in that ear. Doctors suggested hearing aids but I wasn't comf...
GigiT825 | Posted
One week ago I suddenly experienced hearing loss and facial numbness on the right side of my head. I was sent for an MRI with contrast to check for acoustic neuroma. The test was negative and I still have no hearing and I still have th...
BuckBuck | Last answer
6899126_tn?1385915764
For those with SSHL - sudden sensorineural hearing loss - there is a long, highly informative thread here: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hearing-Loss/SSHL-recovery-timeframe/show/1478159?camp=watch_list A brief recap of my situation: ...
Freedom2B | Last answer
I have experience a sudden hearing loss to my left ear on January 18th. I do have a slight tinnitus and noises make the “background” noise in my left ear worst. Nothing “strange” can be seen from the outside and the doctor suggested ...
Jamie_1983 | Last answer
I have schedule intratympanic steroid treatment schedule and want to know do they really help and will increase my tinnitus
artie65 | Posted
I seem to be hearing low frequency noise in one of my ears. My partner cannot hear it. It is quite unbearable as it is impossible to ignore. There seems to be no obvious source and I hear it at home and at work. I think the ear in questi...
Jay1510 | Posted
Ive had tinnitus for around a month now, I went to the hospital around 2 weeks ago for the doctor to check my ear. The doctor said I had an earwax blockage (which was removed when I went there), an ear perforation and infection, they tol...
Rochand | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources