Aa
A
A
Close

Hearing Loss Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

61 - 80 (of 766) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Okay I need help, I'm a rocker kid, heavy into music and such. Recently I've been having trouble with my hearing, and since I'm in a band and my passion is heavily in music and alternative culture, that's something that just won't fly fo...
MCRKilljoy666 | Posted
So I've had long nails all my life and, as gross as it may sound, I do occasionally scratch the inside of my ears with my nails. I never dig around or hurt myself. I know that there are little tiny hair cells inside the ear that allow y...
Soyeahh | Posted
link text
Payal_G | Posted
I am a newbie in this forum and I saw lot of people asking their questions here. I had a doubt and I hope you people can get me a solution. I’m fervent about music and most weekends me and my friends will go to concerts, two days before ...
Carme123 | Last answer
can a tragus piercing cause hearing difficulties, I've had it pierced for about 7 years now and have always worn a tiny barbell with small stud either side. Lately I've been told alot that I am to loud (even whilst trying to be quiet!)...
kaka86 | Posted
Does anyone if theres a correlation between root canal and tinnitus? I had my first tinnitus attack 2 days after my first root canal. My recent most recent T attack was around the beginning of Nov. and I had my 2nd root canal in mi...
onstar | Last answer
Hello.. I was diagnosed with menieres about 12 years ago. My symptoms are under control now but I have been left with terrible hearing loss initially on one side gradually moving to both sides. I have terrible tinnitus .. I had a gromme...
craighutch | Posted
Hi, starting from January 2014,I experienced ear blockage at least 7 times. every time my GP would give an antibiotic which made me feel better within few days but after a month or two my ears i experience the ear blockage again, las...
monaWatson | Posted
When I was a child, my ear drum ruptured and I've always had problems hearing since then. Lately, I have been having liquid coming out of my ear and it's random. (I make sure to not get water in my ear) It also feels like there's a piece...
I've noticed some hearing loss over the several months. Maybe even a year. It's gotten a lot worse ever since I had a bad sore throat about two months ago. I can hardly hear out if my ear, it feels very clogged and full, at times (all d...
Kt2014 | Last answer
In April 2014, I had a tooth extracted and supposedly a bone graft done at the same time. It was very obvious after the extraction that something was wrong. The dentist had basically destroyed my jaw and removed 90% of my jaw bone in t...
Bstajduhar | Posted
I had a cold with mostly fever, 2 months ago. One ear got blocked. Muffled sound and woshing sound, specially in the evening. I got an other cold in between about 3 weeks ago with fever and sinus problems. My ear is still the same. Can'...
Catunge | Posted
Hello, my daughter needs an ear mold made and her new aid is not working. She is on SSI/Disability and lives in Northridge Calif. We are having a problem trying to get help paying for the ear mold and the repair of aid. Does anyone ha...
marilee176 | Posted
I have a low frequency sensorineural hearing loss and I’m using hearing aid for last two and half years. I was always been told that I’m talking very loud. But, seriously, I’m not aware of it. Six months before, my hearing aids were adju...
Carme123 | Posted
Hi I am on day 4 of a prednisone taper for sudden low frequency hearing loss and tinnitus. I am concerned about side hearing loss, and side effects of medication. I thought prednisone increased energy, I am exhausted. My tinnitus keeps...
12xy97 | Last answer
11472950_tn?1418545864
Iam a 43 yo epileptic female and was assaulted by being dragged to the ground by my hair, 'king hit' in the left ear, splitting the upper lobe and kicked twice just behind the left ear resulting in blacking out for a few seconds. The amb...
Pippa71 | Last answer
Glad to have found this forum! here is my backstory. I am a hearing impaired Registered Nurse, having lost 85% of my hearing in my right ear and 15% in my left secondary to having served this country as a flight nurse in the USAF for 12 ...
CGFullerRN | Posted
Sometimes when I enter certain rooms it seems as if my ears start popping. It is harder for me to hear. This occurs regularly and not while I am sick. This also happens at other random times as well. Is there any explanation for this?
Missita | Posted
what does the CT scan report means - mild left maxillary antial and left sphenoidal polypoidal mucosal thickness is seen - minimal mucosal thickening of the right middle ethmoid air cells -clear right maxillary anturm , sphenoid and...
wael_doc | Posted
I made a chart based on my past audiograms for my left ear (http://imgur.com/b7u7nDN), which has always been classified as moderately severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss. My other ear is severe to profound (the chart for the ot...
Liss127 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources