Aa
A
A
Close

Heart Disease Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

21 - 40 (of 25855) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I suffer from severe heart palpitations (female - age 39). Five to six times per day I feel funny things going on in my heart. Sometimes I get three hard beats followed by a pause and then a thump. Other times I just get a thump and ye...
  Posted
lvh
my son is 24 and a strenght trainor no steriods. he was just diagnosed with lvh from an echogram. his reading was 20mm which the dr said was very serious but could be reduced with drugs. he was put on 2.5 mg of zestril and 50mg of atenol...
  Posted
I am a 46 year-old woman who had to undergo a quadruple coronary bypass operation just over 5 weeks ago. My question has to do with how having that operation may have affected my breathing/lung capacity. There were no complications with ...
  Posted
About 3 weeks ago, I suddenly and unexpectedly developed sharp pains under my left breastbone and the left side of my back. After performing an EKG and conducting an examination, my cardiologist of 2 years diagnosed it as idiopathic per...
  Posted
Can you tell me what the normal values are for ventricular septum, gradient, ventricular wall thickness, and velocity as reported on an echocardiogram? Also, is it possible to have improvements in these numbers from meds such as Atenolol...
  Posted
i have a friend whose daughter died suddenly in her sleep. she was 38 years old with no known health problems. all the toxology reports came back completely normal. at first, the autospy report didn't reveal any problems. later, however,...
  Posted
I have had near syncope occurring off and on for 2 months and it is not getting any better. I did pass out completely in January while visiting someone in the hospital. I was having head pressure and lightheadedness 2 weeks prior. They r...
  Posted
84483 tn?1289941537
Thanks for taking my question. I am a bit confused as to what most cardiologist consider a normal ejection fraction, I have seen conflicting numbers though the difference being very small. I have seen 50-70% as normal , then 55-75...
  Posted
My normal diastolic pressure is 55-65. Systolic varies from 120 to 155. What can I do to lower my pulse pressure?
  Posted
I was just diagnosed by my Cardiologist with IST. I have had several EKGs, echo, 7 day holter, and stress test before the Dr. came to this conclusion. I am a 26 year old male and the onset of this condition feels like it came out of nowh...
  Posted
: Hi.... : About a week ago, I began having heart palpitations, actually more like skipped beats along with being "winded". I also feel like I have to cough when I have the palpitations. I first noticed them when I was bowling. I...
  Posted
I am a 40 year old female, generally healthy and have bicuspid aortic valve. My last echo, 2 yrs ago noted stage 1 regurgitation. For the last week, I have had an increase in palpitations. I have them all day long and they are espec...
  Posted
I am a 46 year old male in good general health. My heart tends to skip beats occasionally...PVC-type episodes. It seems to be very much related to my stomach problems. When I have gas or acidy stomach, my stomach distends a bit an...
  Posted
Is a leaky mitral valve known as heart wobble and what is the recommended treatment
  Posted
Hi my name is Trev, and i want to take some Decongestant but it has Phenylephrine in, could this be of harm to me when i have had both Mitral and Aeotic valve replaced,
  Posted
Recently, I had three episodes of chest pain within a two day period that went away after resting. I am 62; with total cholesterol of 216; triglycerides at 97; HDL at 66; and LDL at 131. My untreated blood pressure in doctor's office i...
  Posted
I am a 28 yr. old female. I have always had small episodes af chest pain. The older I get the more symptoms I have . My arms have always ached, and I have worried about it being my heart since I can remember.Now I have times where I feel...
  Posted
Im a 23 year old female. I found out a couple of months ago I have a 1 by 1 and a half inch blood clot in my right atrium. One cardiologist says its because my port is sitting too low in my heart, the others say its part of my disease ...
  Posted
Please tell me how serious a 15% ejection rate is as the result of an electrocardigram is? Is the patient a canidate for a heart pump or transplant and what else might be an option? Thank you very much
  Posted
Posted By Bruce on January 15, 1999 at 12:17:36: In Reply to: Re: Aortic insufficency and High Altitude posted by CCF CARDIO MD - CRC on January 13, 1999 at 11:08:30: Hi - I am age 49 and have mild aortic insufficiency. ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now