Help with pain and pain medication User Group
About This Group:

Hello all; I am asking for your help and/or advice. I had two spinal surgeries a year ago and have been in Chronic pain ever since. I had spinal stenosis and was told that I could be paralysed soon if I did not have a cervical fusion. I was at 78% blockage at that point. OK So since then I have been living a totally dfferent life, a life full of pain, fear, limitations, anxiety, and depression. Right now I have been on Oxycodone 10/325 for a year. I am up to taking 150 of them per month along with anxiety meds, depression meds, muscle relaxers!!! 18 months ago I barely took an asprin. My question and concerns are that the oxycodone is not working anymore. I am scared to ask my doctor for anything else. What I would like to do is replace it wth somethng that will work. I do not know what this would be and how to ask. I have recently moved from AZ to CA and have only seen my doctor one time. My muscles are twitching all night to the point I can not sleep, my pain is constantly a 6-7 with meds and I can not live like this anymore. Any suggestions for coming off the meds, asking for what will work, help n anyway. Doc suggestions for the Modesto area would be great tool. I am slipping fast and do not know how much longer I can take it and how to fix it.... Thanks for the help,

Founded by sandiemas623 on August 19, 2011
86 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
veenielphOct 24, 2015
lola200677Mar 15, 2013
IcannotMar 10, 2013
By nel9764 Blank
I am new here, but have been reading other posts. I really understand about the withdrawal, dependency etc. I just ...
By heather2890 Blank
I am 25 years old and experience severe pain in my left hip. Over the last year it has almost become unbearable. It h...
omhomeFeb 18, 2015
By Tswana Blank
Opioid-induced hyperalgesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
By Lanie228 Blank
I m at the er 4 to 5 timed a month my rsd is so severe i slammed he head so hard into the wall last week in hopes i c...
8725523 tn?1399594062
ormortmanJul 02, 2014
By DayDreamer41 Blank
I am taking generic ms contin 15 mg twice daily. My pm suggested adding a third dose making it an 8 hr dosing schedu...
omhomeFeb 03, 2014
By chrissiebo Blank
Hmmmm....where to start? Been a chronic pain patient since 2000. Followed all rules, did all that was asked of me. I ...
By jerryb1967 Blank
I have been on probation for over a year and never had a positive U/A for any kind of drug. I am a sports official an...
By Adict1231 Blank
I have only been taking opana for a short time. But began to snort it early on. I am now tired of this and am trying ...
specialmomMay 02, 2013
beachmomma1May 01, 2013
specialmomMay 01, 2013
By beachmomma1 Blank
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Talwin Nx for pain relief. I have never heard of this befor...
IcannotMar 06, 2013
cshn13Feb 27, 2013
By strawhead Blank
I am a retired nurse who became disabled in 2004. I have chronic osteoartritis of my lower back, hips, hands, fingers...
By Icannot Blank
Should I go to er?
By Jimblegirl Blank
I have been on one form of opiate or another for nearly thirty years..starting with tylenol w codeine and now am take...
By Sue_L_Le Blank
I will be back but right now I have no time to ask and tell what I can offer and be offered by fellow "people in pain...
1271743 tn?1320896061
By skmedlin27703 Blank
I know this is not an exact science, but I would like some advice. If someone took 30 of the 5mg tablets on June 2, 3...
3039221 tn?1340464800
By Lauriel500 Blank
Greetings! I am new and slowly finding my way around this site. I have been so pleasantly surprized to see so many ...
By 3xmomma Blank
Hi, first time here and I have a lot of questions about my medications... I was taking percocet 7.5/325 every 4 hrs ...
By RockyRoseSteele Blank
I have been on norcos and ib prof for 3 years nowdue to multiple injuries. About 2 months ago the ib caused bleeding ...
By valoo Blank
hi,just joined ,,, any fast hellp for bad pain from heartburn ,, tried everything ,, ,, is this site ame...
By mosaicjayne Blank
Vicodin and oxycontin are not good drugs for long term pain because as your tolerance rises so does your use. For lo...
By kwall1968 Blank
I have high blood pressure> treated with verapmil 120 ER, degenerative disc disease and I fractured 7 vertebrae in 20...
Recent Activity
Blank
Irmill68 Tired of living in pain and... Comment
Feb 05
Blank
Irmill68 joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 05
Blank
crazeedoglady commented on OMG!!! I AM GOING TO ...
Feb 04