Aa
A
A
Close
Help with pain and pain medication Group
Hello all; I am asking for your help and/or advice. I had two spinal surgeries a year ago and have been in Chronic pain ever since. I had spinal stenosis and was told that I could be paralysed soon if I did not have a cervical fusion. I was at 78% blockage at that point. OK So since then I have been living a totally dfferent life, a life full of pain, fear, limitations, anxiety, and depression. Right now I have been on Oxycodone 10/325 for a year. I am up to taking 150 of them per month along with anxiety meds, depression meds, muscle relaxers!!! 18 months ago I barely took an asprin. My question and concerns are that the oxycodone is not working anymore. I am scared to ask my doctor for anything else. What I would like to do is replace it wth somethng that will work. I do not know what this would be and how to ask. I have recently moved from AZ to CA and have only seen my doctor one time. My muscles are twitching all night to the point I can not sleep, my pain is constantly a 6-7 with meds and I can not live like this anymore. Any suggestions for coming off the meds, asking for what will work, help n anyway. Doc suggestions for the Modesto area would be great tool. I am slipping fast and do not know how much longer I can take it and how to fix it.... Thanks for the help,
1 - 20 (of 27) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am 25 years old and experience severe pain in my left hip. Over the last year it has almost become unbearable. It hurts the most when I...
1 answer |
I am new here, but have been reading other posts. I really understand about the withdrawal, dependency etc. I just had surgery on a cys...
3 answers |
Opioid-induced hyperalgesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1 answer |
I m at the er 4 to 5 timed a month my rsd is so severe i slammed he head so hard into the wall last week in hopes i could pass out. i don...
8725523 tn?1399594062
I am taking generic ms contin 15 mg twice daily. My pm suggested adding a third dose making it an 8 hr dosing schedule. How has this m...
1 answer |
Hmmmm....where to start? Been a chronic pain patient since 2000. Followed all rules, did all that was asked of me. I was never, never bad...
1 answer |
I have been on probation for over a year and never had a positive U/A for any kind of drug. I am a sports official and in early Oct. of t...
I have only been taking opana for a short time. But began to snort it early on. I am now tired of this and am trying to get of it all tog...
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Talwin Nx for pain relief. I have never heard of this before and I am unsure ab...
3 answers |
I am a retired nurse who became disabled in 2004. I have chronic osteoartritis of my lower back, hips, hands, fingers, and possibly my kn...
2 answers |
I have been on one form of opiate or another for nearly thirty years..starting with tylenol w codeine and now am takeing 10/500 mg hydro/...
I will be back but right now I have no time to ask and tell what I can offer and be offered by fellow "people in pain and what is the ans...
1271743 tn?1320896061
I know this is not an exact science, but I would like some advice. If someone took 30 of the 5mg tablets on June 2, 3, & 4th and has a po...
3039221 tn?1340464800
Greetings! I am new and slowly finding my way around this site. I have been so pleasantly surprized to see so many nice, well-informed ...
Hi, first time here and I have a lot of questions about my medications... I was taking percocet 7.5/325 every 4 hrs and tramadol every 6...
I have been on norcos and ib prof for 3 years nowdue to multiple injuries. About 2 months ago the ib caused bleeding ulcers and I had to ...
hi,just joined ,,, any fast hellp for bad pain from heartburn ,, tried everything ,, ,, is this site american !! cheers vb
Vicodin and oxycontin are not good drugs for long term pain because as your tolerance rises so does your use. For long term pain, my pai...
I have high blood pressure> treated with verapmil 120 ER, degenerative disc disease and I fractured 7 vertebrae in 2007.. I healed pretty...
A
A
Recent Activity
1853357 tn?1348317244
Blank
skh4you commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Sep 02
17878338 tn?1465314274
Blank
17878338 tn?1465314274
Blank
kevin92155 added the Sleep Tracker
Jun 14