Aa
A
A
Close

Help with pain and pain medication Group

Hello all; I am asking for your help and/or advice. I had two spinal surgeries a year ago and have been in Chronic pain ever since. I had spinal stenosis and was told that I could be paralysed soon if I did not have a cervical fusion. I was at 78% blockage at that point. OK So since then I have been living a totally dfferent life, a life full of pain, fear, limitations, anxiety, and depression. Right now I have been on Oxycodone 10/325 for a year. I am up to taking 150 of them per month along with anxiety meds, depression meds, muscle relaxers!!! 18 months ago I barely took an asprin. My question and concerns are that the oxycodone is not working anymore. I am scared to ask my doctor for anything else. What I would like to do is replace it wth somethng that will work. I do not know what this would be and how to ask. I have recently moved from AZ to CA and have only seen my doctor one time. My muscles are twitching all night to the point I can not sleep, my pain is constantly a 6-7 with meds and I can not live like this anymore. Any suggestions for coming off the meds, asking for what will work, help n anyway. Doc suggestions for the Modesto area would be great tool. I am slipping fast and do not know how much longer I can take it and how to fix it.... Thanks for the help,

1 - 20 (of 27) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am new here, but have been reading other posts. I really understand about the withdrawal, dependency etc. I just had surgery on a cyst, but have had back problems for over 3 years now. Here in Michigan, the doctors won't let you hav...
nel9764 | Last answer
I am 25 years old and experience severe pain in my left hip. Over the last year it has almost become unbearable. It hurts the most when I lift my leg to take the next step. Then when I put my foot down, a sharp pain shoots down my leg. E...
heather2890 | Last answer
Opioid-induced hyperalgesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tswana | Last answer
I m at the er 4 to 5 timed a month my rsd is so severe i slammed he head so hard into the wall last week in hopes i could pass out. i dont want to die but their is no way someone could feel what i feel right now and not think about it. t...
Lanie228 | Posted
8725523_tn?1399594062
I am taking generic ms contin 15 mg twice daily. My pm suggested adding a third dose making it an 8 hr dosing schedule. How has this medication worked for you and does the 8 hr dosing make a difference? I am having an increase of pai...
DayDreamer41 | Last answer
Hmmmm....where to start? Been a chronic pain patient since 2000. Followed all rules, did all that was asked of me. I was never, never bad, no red flags, no bad behavior. August of 2012 Dr. says my morphine dose is too high. 90 mg. 4xday....
chrissiebo | Last answer
I have been on probation for over a year and never had a positive U/A for any kind of drug. I am a sports official and in early Oct. of this year I Tore my Achilles tendon so bad that i needed surgery. Ive been taking physical theropy bu...
jerryb1967 | Posted
I have only been taking opana for a short time. But began to snort it early on. I am now tired of this and am trying to get of it all together. I just want to know if this could be a real workable plan? I have stopped snorting(24 hours a...
Adict1231 | Posted
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Talwin Nx for pain relief. I have never heard of this before and I am unsure about trying this one. I have mod/severe spinal pain caused by s-curve scoliosis and multiple levels ...
beachmomma1 | Last answer
I am a retired nurse who became disabled in 2004. I have chronic osteoartritis of my lower back, hips, hands, fingers, and possibly my knees now. I had received steroid injections for a year. I was given a trial of several medications ,b...
strawhead | Last answer
Should I go to er?
Icannot | Posted
I have been on one form of opiate or another for nearly thirty years..starting with tylenol w codeine and now am takeing 10/500 mg hydro/acet. The thing is theyare sposed to ast for 7 days...im lucky if thye last 5. I want to stop takein...
Jimblegirl | Posted
I will be back but right now I have no time to ask and tell what I can offer and be offered by fellow "people in pain and what is the answer" For right now has anyone had a Ketamine infusion or has had it brought up by doctor? Will be ba...
Sue_L_Le | Posted
1271743_tn?1320896061
I know this is not an exact science, but I would like some advice. If someone took 30 of the 5mg tablets on June 2, 3, & 4th and has a possible UDS on the 18th of July which means it has been right at 6 weeks or 44 days, will the Methado...
skmedlin27703 | Posted
3039221_tn?1340464800
Greetings! I am new and slowly finding my way around this site. I have been so pleasantly surprized to see so many nice, well-informed people who generously share their knowledge and experiences about such complicated medical and pharm...
Lauriel500 | Posted
Hi, first time here and I have a lot of questions about my medications... I was taking percocet 7.5/325 every 4 hrs and tramadol every 6 hours along with 900 mgs of neurontin for nerve pain and a host of other crap...I was having terrib...
3xmomma | Posted
I have been on norcos and ib prof for 3 years nowdue to multiple injuries. About 2 months ago the ib caused bleeding ulcers and I had to have most of my tummy removed. I went through a 15 day taper, and am now on 30 hours since my last n...
RockyRoseSteele | Posted
hi,just joined ,,, any fast hellp for bad pain from heartburn ,, tried everything ,, ,, is this site american !! cheers vb
valoo | Posted
Vicodin and oxycontin are not good drugs for long term pain because as your tolerance rises so does your use. For long term pain, my pain doc has me on Fentynal patches and immediate release morphine sulfate. I have been on them now fo...
mosaicjayne | Posted
I have high blood pressure> treated with verapmil 120 ER, degenerative disc disease and I fractured 7 vertebrae in 2007.. I healed pretty good and i work everyday... I have been having sharp pain in my left foot at all times of the day a...
kwall1968 | Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Irmill68 Tired of living in pain and... Comment
Feb 05
Blank
Irmill68 joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 05
Blank
crazeedoglady commented on OMG!!! I AM GOING TO ...
Feb 04