Aa
A
A
Close

Hernia Repair Forum

This is a place to ask questions about hernia repair and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in hernia repair. A hernia occurs when part of an internal organ bulges through a weak area of muscle. Most hernias occur in the abdomen. Types of hernias, include, Inguinal, in the groin; Umbilical, around the belly button; Incisional, around or through a scar; Hiatal, in the diaphragm; Congenital Diaphragmatic, caused by a birth defect.

1 - 20 (of 19) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have had one normal child birth and two see section births after. After the normal and 1st see section my stomach went back to being flat as if I never had kids. But after that last see section I also had my tubes tied and my stomach w...
goddess_luv | Last answer
This isn't exactly a question about hernia repair, and I hope I don't ever have to ask one. I'm 23 years old, and my dad had an umbilical hernia. My job is to advertise by dancing while holding a large sign, and I've been at it for 2 yea...
151rby | Posted
My husband had a large incisional hernia repaired two months ago (the hernia developed after an emergency appendectomy four years prior). The surgeon performed open surgery and implanted mesh. Everything was fine; the only issue was tw...
Ruthiejb | Posted
Had open surgery right side 3 months ago. Had pain in testicles found and bulge surgeon said it was a cord hematoma.I had a vas about 30 years and it got infected, Since that time I have had several infection in the same area. Could thi...
dorge323 | Posted
Hello I was wondering is it normal to have chronic pain in my abdominal and groin over a year after my inguinal hernia surgery?
Ferguson91 | Posted
I'm a male in my mid 40s and I had hernia surgery one year ago. My testicle on that side hangs lower now and sometimes when I'm feeling warm I have a little discomfort. Something feels different in there, not sure if I would call it sore...
LeanMean | Posted
Hello, I am a 29 year old female suffering from intense lower back pain that radiates into my thighs, legs, and buttocks. The pain is unbareable at times and actually feels better when I am moving and worse when I'm sitting still. I s...
Lauren116 | Last answer
Dr walters could u ease hp me and give me the hp n operations that i urgently need as ive been to my dr n adked for a sterilisaion reaverall n for a operation on both of my knees as they give way from under me n are extreamly psinfull n ...
gorgouse | Last answer
Hi, almost three years ago I under went open surgery to have a mesh fitted over and inguinal hernia which I had for about 9 months previous. At he time of repair the hernia was quite large however the surgeon did not expect any poor ...
Gazz057 | Last answer
Dr. I reasently had a verticsl hurnia repsir done but my belly buttons still hard n looks like im 81/2 months pregnant n im still in pain with it and the other 2 hurnias that i have but have been denied opperations for the other too hurn...
gorgouse | Posted
having undergone 4 open nissen fundoplication proceedures in the 1990s to repair a hiatus hernia i have never been free of pain in the left side of my chest despite undergoing a permanent nerve block. i have been taking co codomal for ye...
andy1923 | Posted
3210170_tn?1346888153
Hi. My primary physician referred me to a general surgeon for hernia surgery. I have doubts about a general surgeon's ability to perform a laparoscopic bilateral procedure. Several reputable sources note that this surgery has a steep lea...
hoping4goodnews | Last answer
I am a female 20 years old have been in and out of doctors. No one can come up with a strong conclision.
nekko808 | Last answer
For a few weeks now, out of the blue, I started having a feeling that my testicles were swollen. I examined them and found no lumps, no redness or swelling and they appear normal in shape and size. I have also had a vague feeling on a fe...
Dave2436 | Posted
18663_tn?1198175415
Hi, After having numerous surgeries (several heart; complicated appendectomy a few years ago) I've developed a hernia in my abdomen. Are their guidelines re: when it's time to see a surgeon? It doesn't bother me, other than it protr...
Jack615 | Last answer
I strained my abdomen and groin by doing too many sit ups last year. For various reasons, over exertion seemed like a good idea at the time. How wrong i was. It feels like there is a lump in my belly, below my sternum, this lump is t...
Fitshape | Last answer
My boyfriend, almost 59, 6'1" and 231 lbs, has a hiatal hernia which sometimes acts up and he's able to relieve himself systematically. Aside from this condition, he has also had prostate and skin cancer which have all been dealt with...
isabelrose88 | Last answer
I have had a large abdominal hernia since last year after having some surgery. I went to see a surgeon about it in December 2011, he said that I needed alot of mesh with the repair as I have had several abdominal surgeries and he thinks...
Debby7453 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now