Aa
A
A
Close
Hernia Community
Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.
1 - 20 (of 319) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, Im 51 years old was diagnosed with small hiatal hernia 4 years ago. Recently I started getting a cold or an allegy and began with hea...
Hi everyone I am new to this forum and I need some urgent help. I am from High Wycombe Buckinghamshire and I have been diagnosed with an ...
|
Hello - I have a fatty tissue hernia that is moderately painful creating a little lump above my belly button. The doctor has told me this...
|
On either side of my pubic bone, I have an egg shaped swelling that puffs out. It goes down when I'm laying down. I am assuming it is s...
Hi Guys, so ive got pain (dull ache) at the minute which never goes right under my sternum, sometimes it will also be under my ribs and i...
I have a medical question and I'm wondering if this is a place to get an answer?
I wanted to know what was the max I can lift before it is considered to heavy if I just had surgery last month for a canalope size h...
I just noticed a "squishy" bump in my naval yesterday. It does not cause me any pain or discomfort. I obviously haven't been to the Dr ...
I had an hernia op in November and I'm getting serious pain for the repair, when I sneeze, cough, laugh stand up fast or lift and the pai...
1 answer
2085202 tn?1373203340
Hello, i'm a 27 year old male. I've been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. It is ruining my life to say the least. Waking up everyday feeli...
6 answers | 2 comments
  IfIONLY,    jcarvalho1969,    jcarvalho1969
Does methamphetamine effect a pre existing sports hernia
I am 65 year old male. I had hernia surgery yesterday. When I pee the urinary stream is very weak. Is this common?
Today I was at the gym at a seated chess press with 40 lbs. When I got home the area of my insision started hurting. Do you think I have ...
20397275 tn?1496909078
My boyfriend have a hernia and we are trying to have a baby for almost 2-3 years already but until now we still dont have a baby :( what ...
1 answer
20445453 tn?1498065030
My mother (58 y/o, had total abdominal hysterectomy 2016, hospital stay was 21 days with severe ileus) underwent incisional hernia repair...
I apologize for the nature of the question in advance. A bit odd to some, others perhaps not. Here goes. I am having a hernia operatio...
The pictures in my profile are from Day 1, Day 4, and Day 9. Did my doctor make a mistake during the surgery and hit something that he po...
I just had open umbilical hernia repair on apr 27. No mesh. How soon should I return to work. I work in a hospital and 90% of my job cons...
Hi, I'm a 20 y/o male. I'm honestly freaking out, please read and help about two months ago I went to nearby city for a 12 hour ...
1 answer |
Male - Age 75yrs Now, in February, he had operations on inguinal hernia. In 2015 he had operations on abdominal hernia. Symptoms a...
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?
Hernia Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers