Aa
A
A
Close

Hernia Community

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

61 - 80 (of 278) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My boyfriend has a herina the size of a small pumpkin the body order he has its so bad and he said that he had an operation and I don't see any scares of it I really think he is scared of fixing his herina.His health is not all that gr...
triscutt | Posted
HI, i did US 5 months ago it should ing. hernia at both sides. later did other US which didn't show any hernias?! i have a presistent pain at my hips. i did xrays and mri nothing wrong with the bones. US showed multiples enlareged ...
Ahmed_Sami | Last answer
Heya, I had am umbilical hernia repaired 12 days ago, it had been healing fine and within the timeframes told. On the weekend it began leaking a clear fluid into the bandage (I am replacing the bandage daily) and it appears to be gett...
Dippun | Posted
I think I have a hernia, and have had one for a while. A few months ago it started bothering me enough that I decided to see a doctor. Unfortunately, I hadn't yet had a new patient appointment with the Primary Care Doc the HMO assigned...
DonLackie | Posted
Hi my mother is a 60 yr old active female who has just had a double (femoral hernia) Operation, about 6/7 weeks ago. She hasn't really felt well since the operation which was done under a general. Durning the last 3 weeks the hernia is...
ElaineWoolacott | Last answer
Two years ago I had double hernia op. Recently I am having burning pain on the right side, similar to the pain I had prior to the op., although not as severe. Could exercising I do, be causing this? The pain is a burring sensation alo...
TOHO1 | Last answer
If you had a reducible hernia as a child which wasn't really visible, it could only be felt when you pushed on it, is it possible for it to just disappear, if you try to find it and it's just not there any more?
Mat789 | Last answer
hi i have a hernia as described above about the size of a marbel im into working out 5 days a week nothing heavy just consistant any wasy ive been using a penis pump jels and a extender as well im not really sure what caused the inguinal...
tom946 | Posted
I'm 30 and have a had a direct inguinal hernia since I was 12. 18 years now. It feels as If there are tubules and material fused to my hernia and it hurts more when I push it back in. The doctor said prognosis excellent with surgery, ...
MClaudeW | Posted
On the 4th of February 2014 I had surgery on an inguinal hernia. Everything was great and I recovered pretty quickly, in mid April I had a slight accident at work and my abdomen (where the mesh was inserted) got hit by a metal corner of ...
chicobabe | Posted
Hello, has anyone had their hernia mesh removed? I have a lumbar hernia which is rare but am considering having it removed because of how much pressure it applies. Anybody have their mesh removed and have good results? Was it replace wit...
Liesel25 | Last answer
I'm 24weeks pregnant and I recently found out I have a inguinal hernia on the left side and possibly on the other side its sooo painful I can't be on my feet more then five mins!!I'm scared of having surgery while I'm pregnant but I don'...
September14baby | Posted
I really could use some input here. Twenty years ago, I was diagnosed with bilateral inguinal hernias. As they have been bothering me more these past eighteen months, I decided to address them and had the right one repaired six days ago ...
Gidget1225 | Last answer
Hi,I have 2 hernias in my upper abdomen that have been giving me problems. They stopped bothering me so bad for the last few months and I have been doing a hard work out and they haven't been popping out, but now I can't even do anything...
Staceylcash | Last answer
Last year I had an inguinal hernia repaired near my right leg. About 6 months ago I noticed the same pain on the left side. I don't feel a lump like I did before, but the pain is the same. I went back to the surgeon who worked on my perv...
lilb1190 | Last answer
Son has had pain on right side for year of abdomen that can cause shooting pain in scrotum. Has had 2 CAT scans 2 ultra scans blood work and pushing on painful stomach. They say he doesn't have a hernia because they don't see and don't f...
1MichaelMifsud | Last answer
8705221_tn?1399421079
Hi Everyone. I have a 17 year old son. He's been complaining of a dull pain/discomfort in his lower right groin area. We went to the doctor yesterday, who didn't feel a hernia, but sent him for an ultrasound. The ultrasound was at ...
nicolejames228 | Last answer
I just finished treatment 2 days ago for h pylori. It was two weeks on omeprazole, clarithromycin and Metronidazol for two weeks. The original pain I was having was heartburn, bloating and a pain on my side just under my rib cage. The ...
Elle8686 | Last answer
I had lower left inguinal hernia repair surgery on 10/31/2012. Everything went well after the initial recovery. Starting in December of 2013 I started getting very bad pain in the area of the hernia repair and sharp shooting pain down th...
kennethbass | Last answer
I had a bad surgery in I think 2004, one rib and half kidney removed. I have no muscles left in my right side, My hernia goes from my spine to the left chest wall. when I walk I have swelling and it is hard to breath. If I found someone...
Sanddrakay | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hernia Community Resources