Aa
A
A
Close
Hernia Community
Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.
81 - 100 (of 292) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
If you had a reducible hernia as a child which wasn't really visible, it could only be felt when you pushed on it, is it possible for it ...
1 answer |
hi i have a hernia as described above about the size of a marbel im into working out 5 days a week nothing heavy just consistant any wasy...
I'm 30 and have a had a direct inguinal hernia since I was 12. 18 years now. It feels as If there are tubules and material fused to my he...
On the 4th of February 2014 I had surgery on an inguinal hernia. Everything was great and I recovered pretty quickly, in mid April I had ...
Hello, has anyone had their hernia mesh removed? I have a lumbar hernia which is rare but am considering having it removed because of how...
3 answers |
I'm 24weeks pregnant and I recently found out I have a inguinal hernia on the left side and possibly on the other side its sooo painful I...
I really could use some input here. Twenty years ago, I was diagnosed with bilateral inguinal hernias. As they have been bothering me mor...
2 answers |
Hi,I have 2 hernias in my upper abdomen that have been giving me problems. They stopped bothering me so bad for the last few months and I...
1 answer |
Last year I had an inguinal hernia repaired near my right leg. About 6 months ago I noticed the same pain on the left side. I don't feel ...
3 answers |
Son has had pain on right side for year of abdomen that can cause shooting pain in scrotum. Has had 2 CAT scans 2 ultra scans blood work ...
1 answer |
8705221 tn?1399421079
Hi Everyone. I have a 17 year old son. He's been complaining of a dull pain/discomfort in his lower right groin area. We went to the d...
1 answer |
I just finished treatment 2 days ago for h pylori. It was two weeks on omeprazole, clarithromycin and Metronidazol for two weeks. The o...
1 answer |
I had lower left inguinal hernia repair surgery on 10/31/2012. Everything went well after the initial recovery. Starting in December of 2...
1 answer |
I had a bad surgery in I think 2004, one rib and half kidney removed. I have no muscles left in my right side, My hernia goes from my sp...
1 answer |
can you have an Inguinal hernia with no bulge?I have pains in groin and testical but I don't have any bulge.do they show a bulge that you...
2 answers |
1166907 tn?1263105248
Hi, I am very worried. My husband(age 75) has been advised open hernia surgery. After reading up on various forums, I find that many pe...
7 answers |
Over a week ago, Saturday May 12th morning, I awoke with some discomfort in my abdomen. I thought of it as cramps and I just needed to us...
5 answers |
I have heard mixed information that the open is the superior surgery. Can anyone comment on this or provide their thoughts from their exp...
1 answer |
I have had this pain for years off and on. It's located in and around my belly button. Sometimes it isn't caused by anything sometimes it...
1 answer |
After having a colonoscopy It feels as if I have a gurgling pocket of air that moves around lower abdomen and gurgling sounds..any idea w...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hernia Community Resources