Aa
A
A
Close

Herpes Community

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

1 - 20 (of 41449) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have lupus, and left a marriage of more than 10 years this year. I met someone and wanted to be sure before we became sexually involved that I had been tested for herpes because I thought I had been exposed 28 years ago. I have a posit...
Candles1111 | Last answer
BF of 1.5 years recently had his first OB, culture came back positive (they didn't test for which type) [I go in Monday to have routine blood work, going to request them add HSV 2] Physician did not treat him for HSV as his 3 ulcers di...
Has anyone experienced a non-standard presentation of genital herpes? - no traditional sores/outbreak - red/irritated skin on penis that comes and goes daily - frequent urination - symptoms present for 8 months - blood test HSV1 po...
cb8888 | Last answer
I was naked, she was in active wear shorts. We grinded a lot and then she told me she has herpes. The next day I go training in sweat pants without underwear and thought I started to chafe. It's been 2 weeks and the skin on my scrotum an...
Hypochondriacmaybe1 | Last answer
I received HSV 2 from my partner about three years ago. We've had all forms of sex, including oral. My question is, would I be a carrier of HSV2-oral, also? And would I be passing it on if I kiss people? I don't recall having sores a...
anon233 | Last answer
Just found out that I have genital herpes. I know that it was my initial outbreak because I took an IGG test and it came back negative 3 weeks after my last encounter. It has now been 8 weeks since my last encounter. I did not think t...
yktb | Last answer
At 3 weeks after potential exposure my results were this; HSV 2 .004 HSV 1 0.1 If i didnt in fact have a recent herpes infection, which im told is highly unlikely, should i be concerned if the HSV 1 number increases in small incr...
timidlover | Last answer
Question. I have had really badly chapped lips the last few days that peeled. And I bit the peeling skin quite a bit. And this morning when I woke up I noticed that there is a white looking scab on my bottom lip. And I've been wondering ...
Arialsifuentes | Posted
To whomever can help, I notice some strange things going on "down there" and I don't know what to think of it. For sometime I been having this slight pain in my urethra which usually comes when I pressure is applied to my pelvic and ...
Countryboi5420 | Posted
This past year I found out my life partner was diagnosed with genital herpes. I did not have any symptoms but went for a series of tests, namely the "HSV 1/2 AB (IGM), IFA W/RFL TO TITER" and "HSV 2 IGG TYPE SPECIFIC". On June 9, Jul...
McQueen_Help | Last answer
This is going to sound absolutely ridiculous, but I have an irrational fear of contracting genital herpes. I've been seeing a therapist, but lately I have relapsed. I know I do not have hsv 2, but I do have hsv 1 orally. I rarely get col...
Strawberry1114 | Last answer
I have HSV1 genitally for about 7 years. I always have my outbreaks in my butt crack (for lack of better words). I noticed a few weeks ago that I had a sore on my right thigh. It went away with out any treatment. Earlier this week I noti...
Shellibelli | Last answer
Here's something I'm having problems understanding- asymptomatic herpes....How can a male be infected with genital herpes and not know it? I mean, from chat forums and other sites, it seems that if you had herpes, you would know. In fa...
wagonattack | Last answer
Hi! Ii've been told on this forum that my long term parntner and I should find out what our herpes status is. However every medical professional I have spoken to says it isn't necessary seeing as neither of us have had any cold sores on ...
Feebee2801 | Last answer
I had unprotected sex with a girl who had no obvious symptoms of herpes. She also claims she doesn't have it, which doesn't mean anything since she's never been tested. This happened about 2 months ago. I never developed any symptoms unt...
Tyco22 | Last answer
I had unprotected sex with a new partner three times. After the last time we were intimate, about two days later, I had an incredible amount of yellow discharge. I went to the OB and she thought it might be a strept infection in my vag...
infoplease123 | Last comment
I'm a male in mid-20s. Last month I had unprotected sex with a woman I shouldn't have slept with. Within the same day, I began getting symptoms of an STD. I provided a timeline of events below. Could this be from herpes? Day 1: I had ...
tjhun | Last answer
Quick question actually a few to educate myself. I went to the doctor two weeks ago regarding what I thought was just an infection which turned out he said it was Herpes. I can't get into my gyno for another 2 weeks and he couldn't do a ...
Lostinthoughts16 | Last answer
Hi everyone, I am hoping you can help. I am still learning and doing a ton of reading and research. I had what i believe (and my doctor believes) my first outbreak a few months ago. I had one sore which I didn't think much of until...
TXliving | Last answer
I have genital hsv 1 and I fear that I might be having an outbreak so I started taking antivirals, I feel irritated and like I have tiny cuts and bumps in my vagina. I also have a yeast infection, not sure if my irritation is due to the ...
Penelope25 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources