Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Herpes Forum

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

1 - 20 (of 1838) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Last April, I developed a burning sensation on my vagina, mostly the interior lips and vaginal opening. I cannot place the feel exactly... It's kind of like an icy hot burn, sometimes itchy feeling. This occured right after my period and...
  Posted
Hello I've been reading everything I can about HSV 2 through this site and felt its time I post my situation to get some guidance and or advice. My last physical was in 2011 and I was Positive HSV 1 >5 which i've known and negative f...
  Posted
I am 41 y.o. woman. In 2010 I asked GP to test me for STI upon learning of husband's affairs. type specific antibody test results: negative, < 0.9 HSV-1 IgG positive, 1.39 HSV-2 IgG husband took same test; negative for HSV-1 and HSV...
  Posted
Basic information I was just diagnosed with Herpes type 2 in June of 2009. I have put myself in an awful situation. I have fallen in love with a man and not told him of my diagnosis. I think this happen because I am so scared of loosi...
  Posted
My husband was my first sexual partner. When he had an encounter with someone else, we took STD tests and he tested negative for everything (including HSV I and II) twice, and I tested positive for HSV II twice (3.097 and 3.719). I never...
  Posted
Hi, 51 year old male married 25 years. I never cheated on my wife. I do not think she ever cheated either. She left in Feb of this year. I met 1 new female friend about 4 months ago and have had unprotected sex multiple times. She h...
  Posted
Good Day Dr, I'm 23,uncircumsized Asian man,been exercising reg'ly and hv smoked for the past 5 yrs.My work made me away from home for long periods of time and I have the habit of visiting brothels and massages abroad/locally,for sexual...
  Posted
Greetings. Ok so about feb 1st I received unprotected oral sex from a girl who afterwards told me she had hsv-2 (she confirmed it by igg specific testing). It was a one time encounter. Since then I tested negative around 3 weeks post...
  Posted
Hi Terri, I apologize for short hand, trying to keep it brief. Jan 23 Mutual Masturbation with SW. 9-12 days in developed urethritis(swabbed the urethra, neg for gon and chlmd) 12 days in took 1000mg Azithromycin and 3 days of...
  Posted
I have previously been both HSV-1 and HSV-2 negative ( was tested for fertility treatments.) However, I recently foolishly engaged in unprotected orogenital sex and contracted oral HSV-2, (most likely given no prior antibodies to HSV-1....
  Posted
Hello, I'm incredibly scared about the risks of Genital Herpes transmission from an infected male to a none infected female. I have had protected vaginal sex with a man that has been diagnosed with HSV2. We had sex a total of 5 times ...
  Posted
Hello, I am looking for some professional insight about herpes. I had a possible exposure almost 4 months ago now and am now worried that I may have herpes. I posted my risk on the community forum and received feedback which was gr...
  Posted
I have had cold sores off and on my entire life. 2 days ago one popped up in the corner of my mouth, no big deal. then another cluster and another and another. Half of my upper lip and now a cluster on my lower lip. I have not ever h...
  Posted
Hi there, while reading on this site I found out that it is possible to get herpes on the chest. I was recently with a woman who was naked although we did not have sex. In fact the only thing that happened is that we spoke, I hugged her ...
  Posted
About 2wks. Recieved n gave oral sex. A few days later I got a little burning after urinating I thought it might have been a urinary tract infection or bacterial infection( this is after months of no sex). Then I thought maybe while he h...
  Posted
7 weeks ago I received unprotected oral sex from someone I don't know. Three days later I woke up feeling sick and had a swollen gland in my groin and a sore throat. (We kissed also.) Burning feeling in my urethra probably around day ...
  Posted
I am looking for reassurance, based on date found on Medhelp, that this is not herpes, hpv, warts. I had an exposure on March 29th, which was primarily mutual masturbation and a brief instance of his penis rubbing on mine (maybe 5-10 se...
  Posted
Ok, so i received two different IGG antibody tests that came back positive for hsv-2, and negative for hsv-1. The first was an ELISA test, and it was equivocal the first time they performed it. Then they performed it again a minute later...
  Posted
Hi Dr, In the recent year, i used to go to legal brothels 10 times. Always used condom. 3 times got unprotected oral. The last visit (14 weeks ago), condom was broken at the end of the intercourse ( 4 mins). (9 weeks ago), I went to...
  Posted
I've suspected I've had GHSV for years after having unprotected sex with someone I later suspected of having GHSV. We had sex multiple times, about 8 years ago. I once had a rash that the doctor thought was a reaction to the Nuva-Ring, a...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now