Aa
A
A
Close

Herpes Forum

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

101 - 120 (of 1838) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
A month ago I test positive for hsv 1 but I never had symptoms. Is this normal? I went to get tested because of being paranoid flu like symptoms. Turned out to be a bug going on at work. But my results are positive. Doctor said I its no...
antonio82 | Last answer
Good morning sir/ ma'am, I got a call about a week and a half ago about my status. My results for all their Major sti's came back negative but hsv 2 came back positive with a score of igg 1.17. My doc was simply No helpful and cold. S...
ineedu2014 | Last answer
I'm a male in my 30s with genital hsv-1. I've had it for about 5 years now - after the primary outbreak I had another one about 6 months later. Since then, I've not had any visible outbreaks. In the past year I've been taking 500 MG of V...
Westerby | Last answer
I am a 29 yearold female who had unprotected sexual encounters (including me giving oral) with a man, between 14-18th March. He then went away for a week to his home in the US and was tested for STIs there. When he returned to the UK, he...
debben298 | Last answer
Hello - This question is for Terri. How long after being on suppressive antiviral treatment would it take to develop detectable antibodies. I've tested serology IGG/IGM after 6 weeks of being on suppressive therapy for 3 months. Before ...
Gaotu2402 | Last answer
Hello Terry, I recently was tested for HSV1-2. HSV 1 came back negative and HSV2 came back positive with a value of >1.10. I wanted your expertise on how the value plays a part in the false positive test. Thank you.
Philadelphia24 | Last answer
Hello and thank you so much for this forum. I had an HSV 1 and 2 - specific Ab, IgG by Labcorp in the last 10 days. 20 years married and monogamous. Did a full work up with new gyno and requested comprehensive work up due to intermitte...
SSS10001 | Last answer
I dated a girl in the month of January that had genital herpies. She take an antiviral medication daily. I had unprotected oral sex from her a couple time but did not have sex. I have recently had an irritation on the tip of my penis......
Ag786 | Last answer
Hello Terri, please see my previous post, and my follow up answer I wasn't able to post to my original paid thread because it was closed. in short, went off meds, got tested again for hsv2, negative and the nurse said it was .9, which wa...
joeguy855 | Last answer
So about 5months ago I had sex with a young girl I grew up with she has been with I think 7 people and we had sex with a condom and unprotected oral I did not want to have sex with this girl but finally I did I regretted it and hated it ...
Steve18291 | Last answer
Hi Doctor, I was recently diagnosed with genital hsv-1. I was initially incredibly relieved. I have done my research and understand that this most likely means I will have few to none recurrences, I share this virus with a majority o...
kmw0002 | Last answer
Hey Terri, Back on December 12th of last year I developed red rash in my private area. It was in two separate locations (under my foreskin and in my groin crease between my testicals and pubic area).I also noticed a few red dots on the ...
Quickquestion23 | Last answer
about two weeks ago i received my test results and on the notes my doctor wrote that i have been tested positive for hsv 1. She wrote that it indicated it shows history of exposure and not necessarily infection. My results showed a 6.74....
antonio82 | Last answer
Dear Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield I have a question regarding a herpes test. I question the positive HSV 2 result I was given. I was tested in July of 2010 for herpes antibodies by a doctor taking my blood. My blood was then sent to Lab...
Robert7010 | Last answer
Need some more input and assurance. Recently had mutual masterbation with another man 3 days ago. Although my hand never touched his genitals and then mine and he made no contact with my genitals. Some kissing was involved.so,last ti...
August82 | Last answer
Doctor, I'm 35 and married. I made the very stupid mistake of frequenting a strip club in Las Vegas about a monh ago. During the visit, I was taken to the back room with a dancer. The dancer provided me with a little bit of an extr...
Logan2071 | Last answer
Hello I am mid 50's hetero male. Recent sex history: #1 - 9 weeks ago, uncovered oral (mutual), uncovered vaginal #2 - 5 weeks ago, uncovered oral (mutual), covered vaginal 4 weeks after #1, but before #2 (maybe the morning after ...
blues365 | Last answer
Hello So last week on tuesday I went to a massage place, its not full service. Just a really nice massage and a handjob if youd like. The girl that was giving me my massage was really into me and we kissed a couple of times. I...
supaf1y | Last answer
Starting at age 9 my daughter had a recurrent, albeit not too frequent sore under her nose that for 3 years was assumed to be impetigo. Only after her doctor did a swab, was she diagnosed with facial herpes (only under her nostril and i...
CuriousMom12345 | Last answer
I had a unprotected intercourse back I'm November 16 and last time December 3 with the same partner I tested negative for everything on December 28 for HIV,chlamydia,gonorrhea,syphills and a specific igg test for hsv2 negative testing wa...
N33DH3LP_90 | Last answer
A
A
This Forum's Experts
55646_tn?1263664409
Westover Heights Clinic
Portland, OR
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity