Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Hospice Community

WELCOME TO THE HOSPICE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Hospice Care. The goal of hospice care is to provide comfort, relieve physical, emotional and spiritual suffering, and to promote the dignity of terminally ill persons. Topics discussed in this community are: Bereavement Care, Coordination of Care, End of Life Care, Family Support, Home Care, Inpatient Care, Insurance Issues, Pain Control, Respite Care, Spiritual Care, Symptom Control, When to Call Hospice.

1 - 20 (of 51) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My husband has been home under hospice care for 8 days. A nurse comes every Mon, wed, Fri. Each time she doesn't think he will make it thru the night. And every night I barely sleep worrying about him. He is on a morphine pump and I give...
  Posted
Hi, I'm a caretaker for my dad, he's been on hospice since February 23rd, 2016. I have moved into his home. I'm writing in this forum today because I find the amount of hospice care that my dad is getting to be a little pushy and aggres...
  Posted
My mother has stage 4 lung cancer and hospice is going to be brought in. They are going to evaluate if they think she can stay at home or needs to go to a facility, as someone is not able to be there 24 hours a day. She is on Medicare ...
  Posted
My wife has a long standing (years) and incurable neck problem with Dystonia, She receives Botox treatments every three months to help control the problem. She also has alzteimers and has recently been joined a hospice care unit for in ...
  Posted
My Father- in-Law went into hospice last Sunday, suffering from cancer of the bladder which had spread and acute renal failure, plus a multitude of other health issues. His dying wish was to go home, so hospice is coming to the house ...
  Posted
I am reading more and more stories of patients survivors accusing Hospice of giving overdoses of morphine to patients in order to speed up their deaths. I think it is humane to help people that are terminally ill not be uncomfortable wh...
  Posted
Ive had many medical issues lately. A couple weeks ago I experienced a large voltage electric shock. I felt stupid and played it off like it wasn't a big deal. And I thought if I was alive I was fine. I didn't realize my body was being d...
  Posted
My mother has Parkinson's disease and is not a candidate for a feeding tube and is having difficulty with swallowing. She is on a honey thick liquid and soft mechanical food diet. She has movement problems and has to have help doing mo...
  Posted
547368 tn?1440545385
It an attempt to discuss the differences between Hospice and Palliative Care I've gathered some information. There are differences in these two programs - some are slight and some are not-so-slight. If you or a loved one is trying to...
  Posted
My mother is in the care of hospice. She has not had any food for over a week, and no drink (other than maybe 2-3 syringes of liquid) in about 3-5 days. Today she developed the "death rattle." The nurses have been telling us "2-3 days" f...
  Posted
547368 tn?1440545385
This isn't really a question. I'm posting this in hopes of offered some support to those that have to make end of life decisions for the ppl they love. I've worked in a Hospice setting and my father was under Hospice care in my home. ...
  Posted
My sister and I are in the process of deciding the best course of action in my mothers disease. She is stage IV metastatic breast cancer and today we received confirmation of leptomeningeal metastasis, and the prognosis is not very good,...
  Posted
Good afternoon. I am a teacher at the International High School for Health Sciences, a public high school in Queens which works exclusively with immigrants. We specialize in teaching kids about the health sciences as a way of helping th...
  Posted
I feel like crap, nauseated, guilty, that I cannot do enough and it kills me watching my dad go downhill so fast, yet I wish it was faster to put him out of his misery... to which that thought makes feel so horrible for even thinking it....
  Posted
My grandmother has recently become bed-ridden again and whereas before we could easily roll her from side to side, now is not the case. She has hip pain. Is there any easier way to reposition her to replace soiled bed clothes and bed pad...
  Posted
My grandma is receiving hospice care at home. There is a CNA who comes twice a week to give her a bath and an RN who comes a couple times a week to check her vitals. She has been supplied with medication to help her be comfortable and ...
  Posted
Hello all, I apologize for the lengthy history but I feel it's extremely important to know in order to accurately give some advice for me:) My grandfather has been ill for exactly a year now. This time last year he was living on h...
  Posted
My brother has terminal cancer. He is unable to articulate or leave his bed. He is in a darkened room, with little noise or light, but can raise his hands and make gestures + the odd grunt... I have been told that he is not allowed ...
  Posted
Hello, I am a physical therapy student from Western University of Health Sciences Department of Physical Therapy. We are doing this project for our Management of Aging course where we are trying to gather different perspectives from h...
  Posted
My sister recently placed my mom in hospice house. I do not agree on what the are doing. My mom has cancer and she wants to fight to the very end. My brother and I were going in and feeding her. I couldn'lt figure out why they would not...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hospice Community Resources