Hospice Community
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE HOSPICE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Hospice Care. The goal of hospice care is to provide comfort, relieve physical, emotional and spiritual suffering, and to promote the dignity of terminally ill persons. Topics discussed in this community are: Bereavement Care, Coordination of Care, End of Life Care, Family Support, Home Care, Inpatient Care, Insurance Issues, Pain Control, Respite Care, Spiritual Care, Symptom Control, When to Call Hospice.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
By HazyJ13
My 61 yrold mother had surgery to remove a brain tumor. Surgery went well, however to days afterwards she had a massi...
By gvkohl
My mother-in-law (92) was moved from hospital to hospice. She was NPO in the hospital. Her demential is affecting her...
By ALovingWife24 Blank
My husband has been home under hospice care for 8 days. A nurse comes every Mon, wed, Fri. Each time she doesn't thin...
By lmkoza
Hi, I'm a caretaker for my dad, he's been on hospice since February 23rd, 2016. I have moved into his home. I'm writ...
By Daves92gt Blank
My mother has stage 4 lung cancer and hospice is going to be brought in. They are going to evaluate if they think sh...
TuckamoreFeb 16
By jess2w Blank
My wife has a long standing (years) and incurable neck problem with Dystonia, She receives Botox treatments every th...
TuckamoreDec 05, 2015
By susanmly Blank
My Father- in-Law went into hospice last Sunday, suffering from cancer of the bladder which had spread and acute rena...
TuckamoreDec 02, 2015
hils923Dec 01, 2015
TuckamoreAug 21, 2015
Terit60Aug 14, 2015
TuckamoreJun 22, 2015
By GeezLouize75 Blank
I am reading more and more stories of patients survivors accusing Hospice of giving overdoses of morphine to patients...
TuckamoreNov 04, 2015
TuckamoreOct 31, 2015
By eringerlach Blank
Ive had many medical issues lately. A couple weeks ago I experienced a large voltage electric shock. I felt stupid an...
TuckamoreOct 19, 2015
By memes1949 Blank
My mother has Parkinson's disease and is not a candidate for a feeding tube and is having difficulty with swallowing....
547368 tn?1440545385
By Tuckamore Blank
It an attempt to discuss the differences between Hospice and Palliative Care I've gathered some information. Ther...
TuckamoreJun 22, 2015
By Katiebelle411 Blank
My mother is in the care of hospice. She has not had any food for over a week, and no drink (other than maybe 2-3 syr...
547368 tn?1440545385
By Tuckamore Blank
This isn't really a question. I'm posting this in hopes of offered some support to those that have to make end of lif...
TuckamoreMay 16, 2015
By Elisafdea Blank
My sister and I are in the process of deciding the best course of action in my mothers disease. She is stage IV metas...
sad2015Feb 16, 2015
kodalunax2Dec 19, 2014
By 6500 Blank
I feel like crap, nauseated, guilty, that I cannot do enough and it kills me watching my dad go downhill so fast, yet...
By remmadee Blank
My grandmother has recently become bed-ridden again and whereas before we could easily roll her from side to side, no...
AdamMorrisDec 08, 2014
By wyosarah Blank
My grandma is receiving hospice care at home. There is a CNA who comes twice a week to give her a bath and an RN who...
By jes2271 Blank
Hello all, I apologize for the lengthy history but I feel it's extremely important to know in order to accurately...
By LittleBruddah Blank
My brother has terminal cancer. He is unable to articulate or leave his bed. He is in a darkened room, with little ...
By vincentluong626 Blank
Hello, I am a physical therapy student from Western University of Health Sciences Department of Physical Therapy. ...
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hospice Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank