Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Incontinentia Pigmenti Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

121 - 140 (of 206) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
690874 tn?1263054040
Hello, my daughter is 6 months now and her eye checks have been fine til now. Her doctor told me to use an eye patch and to test her eyes. She sees out of both eyes but her right eye is a little weaker than her left and the doctor told m...
  Posted
My daughter is 5 weeks old and i have just been told that she has IP and that i need to see all these diffrent doctors for her care its so hard because i have had 3 miscarriages and then I have this one baby and here i am a single mom wh...
  Posted
For as long as i can remember ive had these purplish blotches covering my legs. When im in the sun, or my legs get hot the turn dark red and it looks really horrible. ive also started to get spider veins in the blotches and ive also got ...
  Posted
Our dentist said that our daughter could get dentures at age four and then implants as an adult. Has anyone dealt with dentures for there child and how did they handle it?
  Posted
I work in a nursing home and we have had a problem with residents breaking out into a contagious rash. Some test has came back proving that it was scabies and some doctors are just not sure. So, they give them the cream to treat the resi...
  Posted
Our daughter is 2 months old and has has a strange rash for the past 6 weeks. It now looks like brownish lines and spots. She was diagnosed today by a dermatoligist today with IP. In reading through the forum, I noticed that many peop...
  Posted
my 4yr old grandaughter has linear whorled nevoid hyper melanosis. Can you explain what this is in laymans terms and also what will happen when she grows older. Is there any form of cure? Thank you
  Posted
I have just noticed a pink mark about 7 inches across just under my left breat, is doesnt itch. Over the years I have had similar marks appear on parts of my body, and did seek advice from a dermatologistm who prescribrd cortozone creme,...
  Posted
My 7 year old son all of a sudden has a raised dark red/brown spot or almost like a skin tag near his scrotum. It is on the right side not exactly on the scrotum but just to the right. He also has feckles on his penis which I was told n...
  Posted
iknow you might think i am realy stupid. but people take the mick out of my supily freckaly face. when i have no makeup on they look rediculously bad. mum said they will everntually join up after being exposed to the sun. do no anyth...
  Posted
I have always had an oily skin which I must have inherited from my dad. Are there any new treatments available?
  Posted
Does anyone know of Doctors in Nj who specialize in IP. My daughter is 16. Has hypothyroid. Also she stopped getting her period.
  Posted
I have these tiny, hard, ingrown hair looking places on my thighs. What are these called and how do you get rid of them? The skin on my legs are not smooth and is embarrassing during warm summer months when wearing shorts! Is there anyth...
  Posted
I have a problem with incontinance and I am to have a procedure done call baulking. I just want to know more about it. Could you please send me some information on it and what other information that you can. Thank you, toejoe
  Posted
620222 tn?1294434326
I am just wondering when it comes to daycare--how much/what should I tell our daycare provider? I am not going back to work until the summer (once Rachael is 1 year old) she is really doing great! She is just over 5 months old and has n...
  Posted
I am 33 and would like to explore the option of having children. I live in Dallas, which isn't far from Baylor in Houston. Who should I contact about genetic testing? My IP was a result of spontaneous mutation.
  Posted
690874 tn?1263054040
When my daughter was a few days old she started having seizures, they gave her an MRI and found blood clots in her brain. The doctors put her on blood thinner and seizure medicine. A week later she develop a rash and blisters, the dermat...
  Posted
I was the first person diagnosed with IP, although it is believe my Great Grandma had it as well. I am a healthy, 24 year old woman. Although my dental history is beyond that of anyone's I know, and I do have marble scars with no pigment...
  Posted
My daughter has just been diagnosed as having ip at 11 months old intend to start swimming lessons in january worried about her skin and rashes will it be ok, has anyone been swimming and has it got worse
  Posted
I have an 8 mo. old daughter that has IP. She is doing amazingly well. Praise God! To my knowledge, it has never been in my family. My husband and I have elected not to have genetic testing done because my daughter is our 3rd and las...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Incontinentia Pigmenti Community Resources