Aa
A
A
Close

Insomnia - Adult Forum

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

1 - 20 (of 355) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
i am nineteen and i cant sleep at all. i had a drug problem about three months ago but im complletley clean now and have been for three months. me and my dr have went thru several medications. everytime i try to sleep i get this terrible...
codymorgan | Last answer
Good morning, I am a 29 yr old Female and was diagnosed w/a 7 mm Pineocytoma about 2 years ago and have shown no growth on follow up MRIs. I have 1-2 migrains a week, trouble sleeping, fatigue, HBP, I have many visual problems (includin...
sparsons720 | Last answer
Hi. Im a 47 year old male. I have had a lot of problems sleeping over the years. Tonight I have take 2 dalmane x 15mg, One x stilnoct 10mg, 4 valium x 2 mg and I am still wide awake. They have had no effect whatsoever. Can anyone help......
michael707 | Last answer
Have you read all the testimonies about spider visions at night? This is my first time on the page and was AMAZED to see how many people describe the exact same symptoms. Surely there is something to this! Mine was the most recent (dante...
danter6 | Last answer
for better part of last 10 years ive worked a variety of schedules...overnights, days, and sometimes a mixture of both...ive been taking over the counter sleeping pills for almost same amount of time...i have trouble falling asleep and m...
iamspartucus31 | Last answer
I have been suffering from insomia for over 20 years. The last 15 years I have been averaging two and a half to three hours sleep. I can be falling asleep watching tv and then go lie down in bed and not be able to fall asleep. for a coup...
sunshineofurlove | Last answer
I have tried benadryl, ambien, triazolam for my insomnia. Currently taking clonazepam daily for anxiety. What other meds can I discuss with my doctor which are indicated for insomnia. Ambien did absoutley nothing for me. Benadryl can som...
livia1881 | Last answer
Hello. At once I will tell that I do not know English and I write using the Internet the translator. 5 years ago I was ill disease which was nobody subsequently It is diagnosed as an infection. After the given disease I still had numb...
Ungern | Posted
My first diagnosis was a 1997 sleep study, reconfirmed in a 2nd sleep study in 2005 and both doctors as they were different that many years apart, commented I was "one of worst cases they'd seen". I've been without medical insurance sinc...
ozzy3 | Last answer
976978_tn?1248772900
I am 34 year old female who has been experiencing chronic insomnia & severe fatigue (not alleviated with sleep) along with depression & chronic neck/shoulder/back pain for the past 8 years. I have been given various sleeping pills, (lune...
katherine636 | Last answer
983679_tn?1276836936
okay so for about the past 5 years as soon as i fall asleep i have a sudden urge(like panic stricken that something bad is happening like someone in house, house on fire, blah blah blah)to jump out of bed. But when i go to do this i ope...
leeisgettingclean | Last answer
I have been waking up frequently every night - up to 7 or 8 times - for the past 12 months although I have no problem falling asleep. I always wake with a start, my pulse is fast and somethimes my breathing is laboured. My hands are usua...
klezman | Last answer
I have been having these "hypnic jerks" for 3 months now-as soon as I start to drift off to sleep, a part of my body will jolt me awake. It happens all night long and I get from about 0-3 hours of sleep a night. Lately it is less in my b...
lala84 | Last answer
Hi there. I am a 30 year old white male in Ontario, Canada. I am currently taking Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide after visiting my doctor on the topic of high blood pressure (185/105) 4 weeks ago. I have been a truck driver for ...
Scrobo | Last answer
Hi Doctor, I sleep at 10.30 pm at night and I wake up exactly after 4.30 hours and then I dont fall asleep again.This has affected my life enormously.I am suffering from this for the last 4 years.What is the problem and I am facing l...
lisa_bos | Last answer
im 7weeks and 3days pregnant , is it possible 2 feel little flutters at this stage ? its my 2nd pregnancy
peanut121 | Last answer
I have been suffering from insomnia since early Apr. Initially it starts after a stomach flu and some stomach rumbling at night. And suddenly I found I wake up earlier and earlier. For examle one night I slept at 2am but wake up at 5am. ...
sterlan1976 | Last answer
1000392_tn?1294097512
I've been a sufferer of endometriosis for quite some time. My doctor has put me on Depo Lupron which puts my body into menopause. At the age of 23, it sure isn't fun! I was also prescribed add back therapy in the form of two hormone pill...
Pres0081 | Last answer
I am 48 and was diagnosed with sleep apnea over a year ago. I use a cpap, and this has helped with the quality of the sleep I do get, but that is still very little. I find myself falling asleep on the couch around 8 or 9 pm, drifting in...
steve211260 | Last answer
Dr Jacobs, i have one more question for you( hope i am not boring). Are fatal familiar insomnia and sporadic fatal insomnia the same disease or there are differences? just by accident they wrote an article about it today on one of our...
milos2390 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank