Aa
A
A
Close

Internal Medicine Forum

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to how to prevent and treat diseases, treatment for chronic conditions or find solutions to puzzling diagnostic problems that affect adults.

1 - 20 (of 49) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a 38 and female. I recently had some blood tests done due to some symptoms of: blurred vision, dizziness, fatigue, headache, night sweats, abdominal pain on the left side and some nausea, nosebleeds, numbness in feet, weightloss (50...
aisle_b | Last answer
My child was diagnosed with fifth disease a few days ago. I also developed a lacy rash on my arms. The rash lasted a few days and a few days later, I began to experience severe itching from head to toe. I also experienced swollen han...
nj50 | Last answer
My roomate's dog was last vaccinated in September of 2014. Two days ago, I caught him with a dead bird (don't know if he killed it or found it). Later that day and a few other times, I was scratched by his front claw, which I am sure wa...
Gigi1771 | Last answer
Dear doctor, I would like to ask a question: is it usual or frequent to see high level of ferritin in people with Beta Thalassemia Minor? I am talking about ferritin levels between 600 and 1000 ug / L and even over 1000 ug / L, while ...
Albert76 | Last answer
I had a CT scan done a few days ago that revealed that I had an enlarged spleen. My liver, kidney, gallbladder all checked out ok. So they ran my blood work to try and find the cause of the enlarged spleen. My blood work came back with n...
codyjam3s | Last answer
I have been having vertigo for about 2 months now. It has been getting better (less frequent) but i still occasionally get it. It has over the past couple months become a "once every other day" thing rather than a "2-3 times a day" thing...
WorriedSon87 | Last answer
I went to my doctor for follow-up on blood tests and abdominal ultrasound results. Everything appeared normal except for a small gallstone. My question is, "Should I be concerned about my blood Creatinine levels of 1.2?" The lab referenc...
mikeca78 | Last answer
Hi there! There was lettuce and carrots on our back porch and it looked like it had been picked at so I kicked it off our stoop and on the grass. In the meantime my 2 year old went out on the porch barefoot and his foot hit a piece o...
worried1216 | Last answer
My wife has come down with what seems like the stomach flu or a stomach bug (nausea, body aches, fatigue). I'm wondering what steps I should take to avoid it. Obviously, no kissing/sharing food, wash hands frequently. How long do I ne...
kurt080808 | Last answer
Ok, I am 56 years old, female, post menopause. History of GERD, IBS, anxiety, spinal stenosis, bulging discs, shingles, Gall bladder removed in '91. Prescribed Flonase, nexium, and levothyroxine. I also had a history of fibroid tumors (...
Starfishshores | Posted
For the last one week I have been feeling a slight pricking session in my anus when I have been sitting. Today i conducted a self physical exam and on my right side i felt a boil. I am not sure if it is a hemorrhoid or a abscess. I al...
worreidman181 | Last answer
I just wanted to gauge your opinion on my current situation. I apologize if this is a little long and winded. It started 2 years on a routine lab test which I get every 6 months to monitor my Crohn's disease. Back in 2011 I had a sud...
WorriedSick1981 | Last answer
Want to make story short; i've been having lower back pain for over 8 Months now. I started with lo back pain on the sides, peripheral, on both sides, this is the thing, IT WAS ONLY While i was SLEEPING.. i woke up and it was fine, yes ...
RecordPain | Posted
Dr. Sclafani, In 2009 (at age 49) I was diagnosed with fatty liver by ultrasound following mild abdominal discomfort. My doctor and gastroenterologist were unconcerned, especially since all of my LFTs from 2006-2009 (and following to ...
travelman979 | Last answer
Hi, I have been feeling unwell for quite sometime now (about 3 months) and am barely able to function the past few weeks. It started with horrible abdominal pains 3 months ago (had every test in the book for the stomach and everythin...
rufus491 | Last answer
I am a 49 year old male now, and have had a few woman doctors in my adult life for general phisicals. I do prefer female doctors, mainly becuase I have had ucomfortable experiences with male doctors examining my private areas. I have ...
Camel1 | Posted
Hello, I recently had some routine blood work done. The results came back showing ALT at 129 and AST at 65. The doctor didn't seem overly alarmed by this, adding that I had co-factors of hyperlipidemia, specifically my TG which was 36...
s_buck | Last answer
My mom was 62 and had severe COPD and Primary Pulmonary Hypertension. She also may have had Asthma and some allergies to mildew. She was on constant oxygen delivered through a nasal canula and chair ridden, She would only get up to use ...
hut78 | Last answer
I have pinworms (diagnosed by identification of live specimens on toilet paper and stool). I went to an urgent care clinic initially, because my primary and gastroenterologist are several hours away. Urgent care clinic doctor prescri...
Terrified11 | Last answer
I’m a 31yrs old male. I had a liver function test done after my SGPT levels were found to be high at 90. In the LFT also, my SGPT levels have come high at 73. Rest of the LFT is normal. I’ve tested negative for Hepatitis B & C. I don’...
geeky14 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now