Aa
A
A
Close

Interventional Cardiology Forum

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

1 - 20 (of 1370) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Is their a difference between Cardiomegaly and Hypertrophic Caridomyopathy? Are Cardiomegaly and Cardiomyopathy interchangable terms? Thank You
cardio123 | Last answer
I went to the emergency room with palpitations.. had an ekg, heart monitoring and low blood sugar test ..all was fine. the doctor recommended to use a halter monitor. i did not go yet.. my most constant symptom is slight hands numbness a...
LOLABOLA | Last answer
In early September, I underwent a heart cath to rule out any blockages due to several abnormal EKGs since April which had shown ST rhythm changes (which continued to change during that time.) In the end, no problems were found. Howev...
clsg | Last answer
659608_tn?1318292966
My 93 year old Mother was diagonised that her heart is starting to shut down. She has a blood clot on the heart, and the top and bottom of the heart are not beating correctly together. The doctor suggested a pace maker to help her heart ...
Sugie1938 | Last answer
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so here goes. I was sitting in my car waiting for my son, not having a stressful day at all. All of the sudden I got what felt like rapid thumping in my throat (the divit in the center of collarbone...
kath21 | Last answer
Ok so my grandfather suffered from aortic aneurysm on September 10th which almost took his life, luckily it didn't. We've had a family history of aneurysms on my grandpa's side of the family, he lost his two brothers from aneurysms. His ...
drsd2007 | Last answer
If an A-Fibber has obstructive blockages would stenting the blockages make an ablation unnecessary? In other words, would the irregularity of the beat be corrected by the increased blood flow?
Stevarino | Last answer
Dr. I had an ekg done and it shows possible Inferior Infarct , age underetermined. and Boarderline Criteria For Inferior Infract Are now Present. what does all this mean. I'm 59
rlkeith | Last answer
What does thickening around the heart mean? I"m a little worried about this. My ekg and my echo was good but my stress test was a little abnormal they said. I'm having a ct scan done.
pinkey1957 | Last answer
10947_tn?1281407852
Dr. Stephen Ellis, a Cleveland Clinic interventional cardiologist, will provide answers to your questions about stents, angioplasty, stem cell therapies, percutaneous treatments, and the latest innovations in treating heart disease, Thur...
Med Help | Posted
I have PAC's. Normal EKG and normal echo stress. Normal Holter as well. Is it possible for the premature beats to cause me to cough? The coughing seems to occur after I feel the more pronounced beat in my chest. Is this a normal or benig...
LA795 | Last answer
I failed a stress test induced by a drug due to weakness of legs. Why would the doctor want to repeat this test? My blood pressure goes to high is reason for stopping it. I also had an abnormal EKG. Previous history includes two heart...
willow85 | Last answer
Is it typical to have intermittent chest pain for the last two weeks since having my proximal LAD stented (coated stent)? I have resorted to nitroglycerin several times with mixed results. Today, I had some lightheadedness and shortness ...
John1953 | Last answer
hello,I am a 22 yr old female and have innappropriate sinus tachycardia. I have had four ablations since being diagnosed. After the last one I was feeling alot better and my hr has improved alot at rest. Lately tho i have not been feelin...
piggy25 | Last answer
i have had chest pain for 2yrs and my 2 cardiologist can't explain it what could it be. it's their 24/7 and dosen't go away. my medication dosen't help. i have hypertention and arrhythmias. can some one help please.
amis472 | Last answer
I am a 35 year old woman who has a history of early emphysema (I"m a non-smoker) and whose father died suddenly at age 45 of a heart attack. I have just found out that one of my uncles also died at age 45 of a heart related issue, an...
Jennifer8 | Last answer
hello , i am interested to know what the general statistic is for people who have uner gone coarctation repair in early child hood. As an adult, you spend time over years going to see cardiologists and when there do not always ask what...
greatandwell | Last answer
Dear Doctor, Can you please explain how prolong period of stress can affect the healt in long term?s Regard Nathan
NathanL | Last answer
thanks for your reply but would just like to ask the following questions to clear things up a bit: 1. Is it possible to see clear shunting on a bubble echo and then an MRI determine no ASD's or shunt? Hence... Do bubble echo's som...
coco74 | Last answer
688980_tn?1229285580
Hi I am 24 and I've been having problems with a really fast heart rate. I had an allergic reaction and had to be hit with 3 epipins. Every since then my heart rate has been out of control even with treatment. After getting out of the arm...
firefighterchic | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank