Aa
A
A
Close

Interventional Cardiology Forum

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

21 - 40 (of 1370) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, I am having a few problems with my health that you maybe able to help me with? Lately I have been experiencing some pain in the sternum it feels like a tear and pinches, also when I lay down on my left side it feels like my heart...
Bermygee | Last answer
Oct 11, 2008 09:11AM in the Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum I had a stress test, blood work, EKg's basically every test. All my test passed. They just wanted to do an Angiogram to see if there were any problems. That is when the...
penann | Last answer
If I get get catheterization is it necessary that I also get a stent? Or can they just use a balloon catheter? I got a call from my cardiologists and they want to catheterize me but I am afraid I have some odd personal views regardin...
SeriousSam | Last answer
Hi there! My mother had just his 2d echo result. the summary of interpretation was dilated left atrium ( 3.8 cm) probably seconday to left ventricular diastolic dysfunction..What is the meaning of this? Aside from this her cholesterol...
sol54 | Last answer
Not sure if the correct method of posing this question but it has turned my life around since I had my Arota Valve repalced three years ago with a "Bovine" Valve. The crux of my question regards my "memory" which has gotten considerably ...
Nick190 | Last answer
If I was on the verge of having a heart attack would it show up in an echocardiogram and a blood test?
titansfan614 | Last answer
my niece age 28 had a pacemaker inserted yesterday. her lung was "nicked" and we are told that is is a common occurrence. I have a pacemaker and many of my friends have them, and I have not heard that this is a common occurrence. Can u ...
patty20 | Last answer
Dear Doctor, You seems to be someone with broader experiences in this area, thought of asking your advice on my matters so just to give you some idea of my circumstances as what have lead me being off sick due to stress related illne...
NathanL | Last answer
It is five months since I had by bypass surgery. The chest incision gets tight and tender. I do exercises to help reduce the problem, but I feel more pain/tenderness after the excercing. What is a realist time frame to consider so my ...
Charlie316 | Last answer
I was recently prescribed two new medications for Blood pressure and have since noticed that at times my knees become very red and hot. Could this be from the medications? My BP meds are Cardivol, Enalipril, and Amlodipine. Thank you for...
tank199 | Last answer
I am 48 years and have been suffering from an anxiety disorder since I was 19, I am on zoloft and xanax. Recently I have started having heart palpatations of 215 that last for 15 minutes. This has only happened twice and they were 3 mon...
tracymac60 | Last answer
I recently went to cardiology because of chronic orthostatic hypotension and they performed a transthoracic echo and found 2 ASD's, they then did a TEE which was inconclusive because I was pulling out tube! they then did a bubble echo wh...
coco74 | Last answer
My mother is 101 years old. She has had a pacemaker for 13 years. The testing today says she needs a battery replacement. How invasive is this?
Yelof | Last answer
I recently underwent transcatheter PFO closure and experienced a great result in improved stamina and exercise tolerance. I then started having chest pain with exercise, but I have admittedly been exercising a lot and it seems things mi...
codiver | Last answer
Hello. I'm a 30 year old male with a history of fibrous dysplasia of the skull and intractable headache, but no other conditions. In the last 4 years since my headache symptoms increased, I've been not doing too much physically.....
Rob2008 | Last answer
my mom was just told she has an enlarged heart she is also morbid obese and has alot of the diseases that come along with obesity, my question is can an enlarged heart turn into congestive heart failure?
keegogirl | Last answer
700525_tn?1228274598
hello, i wanna know about my valvular heart disease; anterior mitral valve prolapse with severe mitral regurgitation. the risk of this disease and the ways on how I can get over this disease. thank you
jodett | Last answer
hello, i am devastated..my dad was 76 when he had a triple by pass and heart valve replacement at cornell medical center in newyork..one of newyorks finest....he was recovering beautifully for 10 weeks..all through the recovery he had no...
BONNIE936 | Last answer
i have been pescribed erythromicin five times this year, and im now on it for the sixth time for dental abcess as im allergic to pennicillin. i have heard that there is a link between erythromicin and heart failure , heart attack, and su...
jade67 | Last answer
521161_tn?1212369304
I have been prescribed generic Norvasc 2.5mg once per day to treat my mildly elevated blood pressure (135/98 on average), raynauds and migraines. I know this medication includes a diuretic. I am just wondering if there is any other medic...
jpringle | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now