Aa
A
A
Close

Interventional Cardiology Forum

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

101 - 120 (of 1370) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I am 50 year old female, whose doctor noticed a heart mumur on reg. check up. md ordered echo which shows ascending aortic diamenter above the sinotubular junction is 43mm. There is evidence of trace aortic insufficiency. My doctor...
kathy58 | Last answer
Hi, I am a 34 year old male and have been having some strange symptoms that my internist and the doctors in the ER have no answer for. Back in May I began experiencing what I call lightheadedness. It wasn't so bad that I felt like I was...
gw74 | Last answer
Hi, I am a healthy asymptomatic 46 y/o female who had a routine ECG done at a normal health visit. I have a medical background. My limb leads are uniformly small--with voltages of 2-3 mm throughout, and AVL barely moves. The morpho...
Marie626 | Last answer
It seems like I've experienced a number of unsettling symptoms since the onset of menopause, but over the last month or so I've noticed swelling in my lower legs and feet and a feeling of palpitations or fluttering of my heart after meal...
tchur4az | Last answer
Findings: PVC's Right Atrial Enlargement. Multiple runs of Ventricular Tachycardia non-sustained, most likely a right-sided outflow tract VT. Normal left ventricular systolic function with no evidence of significant ischemia. Neg...
Bon-Bon | Last answer
hello, i just had a stress echo done while i was on the tredmill they took my bp four times, first time 128./75 and as my heart rate rose from 100 to 179 my bp fell final bp at 179 hr was 102/61, i have had problems with weakness and low...
hmcurrie | Last answer
Hi i have a problem. Could you tell me whether the following can be identified through a ECG and X-ray? 1. ischemia, angina 2. acute heart attack 3. coronary artery spasm 4. pericarditis 5. myocarditis 6. cardiomyopathy 7. coronary a...
p007 | Last answer
I have exprienced strange electical like spasms accross my chest and back, down both arms and sometimes up my neck.They last only a second to 30 seconds and are now and then. One day I had 5 in a row. Another day I expeienced them all da...
Jick4491 | Last answer
I was diagnosed with RCM last March following a heart biopsy. I recently had a right catherization, due to increased shortness of breath. They said my pressures in my heart were lower, actually in the normal range. Does that mean that I...
runnrathrt | Last answer
I have had mild atrial fib for 25 years or more. Recently chest x-rays and ct scan were unremarkable, except for some fluid around "my heart." I was in "Emergency" for gastro gas and discomfort from Cipro. I had a nuclear stress test one...
Kayara | Last answer
was at the er and my heart rate was 193 while sitting - i was agitated dealing with my child who was there....i can not get my doctor to give me a holter, i did have a normal echo recently with slight mvp...how dangerous is this?
hmcurrie | Last answer
dialated left atrium with lower normal limit function of the left ventrical, could this cause tachy and brady and palpitations pacs and pvcs and what other symptoms could it cause (weakness or shortness of breath?) and how is it treated...
hmcurrie | Last answer
Hi I am 35, and I had my first echocardiograph while in the hospital, I have an appt. with the cardiologist to go, over the results but my question is my echo stated that I have preserved systolic and diastolic function. When I looked on...
diana424 | Last answer
Hi I am 35, and I had my first echocardiograph while in the hospital, I have an appt. with the cardiologist to go, over the results but my question is my echo stated that I have preserved systolic and diastolic function. When I looked on...
diana424 | Last answer
I am taking Isosorbide mononitrate 10 mg twice a day for the last 16 years from 1992, for my ischaema (asymptomatic) which has come in the year 1977.Since i am taking this drug for 16 long years, will there be any chance of getting the ...
isweetfellow | Last answer
Hello, My mother is 56 old. She is on Atenolol 25mg, Analetin 5mg(not sure of the spelling), and Zantac (She used to be on Nexuim). Within the last few month she is been having accelerating blood pressure in the evenings. Her pressure ...
AMV2069 | Last answer
671225_tn?1225767283
My daughter was born with Shones complex. She has had 3 open heart surgries and is now needing a Machinal Mitral valve. The dr's said that the mortality rate is very high in children under 6 and they want to wait till it fails completly....
AlisonMcgough | Last answer
I am 66 year old male from India .In the year 1977 i was told that i have ischaemia(T wave inversion) and in the year 1980 i had mild hypertension.I am taking the follwoing medicines prescribed by my doctors in India from time to time. ...
isweetfellow | Last answer
HI HAVE BEEN RECIEVING CHEST PAINS + PRESSURE FOR 2 WEEKS. I HAD SIMILIAR PAIN LAST YEAR WHERE I COMPLETED A X-RAY AND ECG WHICH WERE FINE. HOWEVER IN THE LAST WEEK I HAVE GOT THE PAINS AGAIN WITH PAINS IN MY BACK TOO AND PRESSURE ACROSS...
joel2510 | Last answer
I am 47 years old and have done GREAT since ASD repair in 1987. Lately the top of my sternum feels unstable and with certain movement I have a great deal of sharp discomfort. Palpating one certain spot can elicit an extreme amount of pa...
Donna2Run | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now