Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Kidney Stones Community

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

1 - 20 (of 369) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a 29 yr old female. I started experiencing right side pain that goes from my lower rip down to right above my hip and stretches around my back right side 4 days ago. The pain was very severe... sharp and constant. I went to the E...
  Posted
I have experiences kidney stone pain 2 times in my life time. I had the first one over 20 years ago and the second incident was 2 years ago. No recommendation by Urologist on suggested diet I need to consider. Hot pack is reducing naggin...
  Posted
My father has kidney stones in both kidneys. He has undergone both laser surgery as well as actual removal surgery to take care of the bulk of them. As of his last ultrasounds/x-rays, there are still stones present, but they have not bee...
  Posted
Has anyone been successful using natural remedies such as lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in lowering urine calcium and uric acid levels? After several episodes of gross hematuria it was determined that I have bilateral stones. A 24...
  Posted
As a frequent maker of kidney stones (20+yrs) I have for the last 4 years have been operated on approximately every 6 months for stone removal the last 3 times I have been fitted with jj stents which cause me absolutely agony ...
  Posted
I was at the ER two times in the last 4 days with flank pain around to the front near bottom of my rib cage, have spasms and bad back pain right side. I had a blood test a urine screen and cat scan This was 12 hrs ago They said kidney f...
  Posted
I recently had outpatient surgery, following which I had frequent urination, burning, stinging when urinating and side and back pain on the right side. Went back to my doctor, and she diagnosed a UTI and put me on doxy and Cipro. Took th...
  Posted
Hi all, I had lithotripsy2 weeks ago wendesday and the dr was able to break up all the stones in my kidney. I had a 10 mm stone in my renal pelvis, multiple stones in the lower portion of the kidney largest of which was 6mm and 3 stones ...
  Posted
On February 2nd, I went info the ER in a lot of pain on my lower right pelvic area. After doing a MRI, they found a 5mm kidney stone. The doctor advise me that the stone would pass on it drinking lots of fluids. She also prescribed me Fl...
  Posted
I went to the ER in early January with stone pain (I have a history so I knew what it was). They did a CT scan and found a 4.5mm stone at the upper junction. After letting it go and seeing if it would pass on its own, I finally went to t...
  Posted
739632 tn?1454264872
After looking around on the internet for stones sizes on ct scans, I came up empty handed. The doctor in ER said small and wouldnt give me a size. I went and got my scan out of curiosity but I have no idea what size im faced with..not li...
  Posted
Recently was diagnosed with a 9mm kidney stone on the right side. Jan 10,2016. I was admitted to the hospital where they comfirmed that it was a 9mm stone and put in a stent at this time to help with the pressure/pain in the kidney. Th...
  Posted
hello.i have discovered a large stone in 2006. in 2015 have confirmed a 3by2cm ston in th right side kidney. the kidney is also not fully developed. i never had any acute pain. i am 45 years old now. from time to time i have a nagging ...
  Posted
Hi, my name is Cait. I'm 24 and an otherwise healthy female. Last Tuesday I was woken up out of a deep sleep from BLINDING pain in my left lower back/hips. I have scoliosis so I thought I was experiencing some muscle spasms or something,...
  Posted
739632 tn?1454264872
I had my first stone last year. I didn't even know I had one until the intense pain sent me to the ER. Like others I got pain meds and a ct and told it was already in my ureter and it's 2mm. Didn't know what that meant of course. Was sen...
  Posted
Long story short-went to gastro doctor think I was having abdominal issues. Pain on the entire right side that wrapped a little to the back . Even pain by the appendix area. Had gall bladder test done (all good), had a ct scan of abd...
  Posted
I passed my first kidney stone at age 20 ( probably had them before then but just Mia diagnosed) Passed about 2 a year since then. Have been going to urologist with no real preventative care, they only wanted to help when I had a st...
  Posted
So, my grandmother has a huge kidney stone in her right kidney size 70mm. That kidney is now at 15% functioning level and her left is now 85%. We got a consult elsewhere as her doctor wanted to see what another doctor had to say as he wa...
  Posted
16860298 tn?1451981602
I have had a 19 Mm removed before, the experience was horrific. I currently have a 14 mm in the north pole of the right kidney. I have had a total of 4 stone removals, with stints a total of 8 surgeries. I have no idea what to do nex...
  Posted
------------------ HISTORY ----------------- May 22, 2015: Noticed blood in urine for half day and then clear urine. Ultrasound, blood test, complete urine test and 24 hours urine test was normal. Doctor concluded that it might be sma...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...