Aa
A
A
Close

Learning Disabilities Forum

Questions in the Learning Disability Forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis, Behavioral Issues, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Language-Speech Issues, Living With Learning Disabilities, Parenting, School Issues, Social Development

1 - 20 (of 100) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My son has some learning disabilities: ADD, Executive Functioning, Slow Recall. He was held back in Kindergarten because of his progress. He is 10 now and just completed third grade. When he had his standardized testing, he got a scor...
Dotesgirl | Last answer
Hello everyone. I apologize in advance for the unstructured and not very coherent structure of my message. I have been having hard times lately because I sort of stumbled across "dyslexia" a few weeks ago and I wanted to get in contact w...
Jake133 | Last answer
My son was diagnosed with adhd 2 years ago but still struggles with school he was held back in grade one because he hadn't learned anything the first time he did grade one he didn't even recognize his own name in printing. I am trying to...
Cparsons79 | Last answer
In the last few years I have come to believe that I must have had a learning disability, or something like it, for most of my life. When I was young I didn't have any difficulty learning to read, but I have some other issues. The first ...
5states | Last answer
Hi,There is no forum for hep b which is why I'm writing here. Bare with me. I just turn 21 last month and have been hepatitis b reactive since 2009. I've done many test and they show undetected or I'm asked to keep doing more test and i...
leonnablue777 | Last answer
I am having a hard time learning new material, processing what I read, have terrible working memory/memory issues, have a hard time learning concepts/big picture of what I am actually trying to learn about and connecting what I am readin...
kwash11 | Last answer
1632323_tn?1425013883
Hi, i have a question that i would relly appreciate if gets an answer. My younger sibling clearly has self esteem issues and seems to be burning wth passion. currently she is living with me but before she was living with her dad. It see...
Dkalcey | Last answer
All of my life I have been experiencing problems when it comes to listening . I am pretty sure I have a listening learning disability. Will me actor help me it says it's the cure for nf1 and what kind of doctor do I go to to get these ...
Asemione3161 | Last answer
I recently found out I am pregnant and tomorrow a nurse will be calling me to set my first appointment and in the mean time I have been looking up random information. My husband has two sisters and a brother. The males are very smart and...
DuckieGirl10 | Last answer
I am a 39 year old man. Pretty much all my life I had accents that sounds foreign to native speakers. The problem is that I always had a problem hearing and noticing my own accents, even though I have no problem noticing other people's a...
prussianblue | Last answer
I am trying to homeschool my 22 yr. old nephew who has dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD, auditory processing disorder and cognitive processing disorder. He has so much against him and he feels that he will never learn. Book lear...
LDhelp | Last answer
Hello we'll I have a 8 year old daughter she was diagnosed with ADD about 3 years ago.besides that she also has a speech disorder and she is quite behind in school . She has some special ed classes. Anywho we'll the doctors haven't been ...
muxo_xoxo | Last answer
I am not sure what is wrong with me. Some have suggested dyslexia, aspbergers, and add. What I do know is that I have a horrible working memory. I am 37 years old and my life is a train wreck. I work a dead end job working for a huge ...
lostone37 | Last answer
If I am pregnant of my uncle, would my be by have some disabilities
tefi_pollita_69 | Last answer
family doctor doing TB evaluation. What do you think for Prader Willi Syndrome, Being 55 male , I remember some of episodes during childhood- Late Speech -like even at 4 years I was not speaking. Apendicites surgery was done at 28 yea...
KKCAL | Last answer
Hi my daughter had some assessment s done through the school district and they told me her speech is 2 years behind and her cognitive area is in the 60s her speech was 57 every thing else was okay. Does this mean my child is slow. I hate...
kiehara24 | Last answer
Well, I'm 22 years old. I've had both OCD and ADD since ever. I started treating my OCD a year ago, taking citalopram, and now it's pretty much under control. I Want to start treating my ADD because it really affects my grades and stu...
Sara_A | Last answer
New here, my 3 year old has been seeing early intervention team reports say his cognitive is 59-69 fine motor skills is low average 40.speech and languageis at low average selfcare skills low average.sensory processing is a concern .diag...
beasagni | Last answer
Just got physcholigist report saying my 3yr old has borderline-mild learning difficulties. Also problem with sensory processing. And fine motor skills what does this all mean
beasagni | Last answer
I've only recently come to understand that math learning disabilities are legitimate, so I haven't spoken about this to a counselor or teacher before. I'm 20. I've struggled with math since kindergarten. I've always gotten very poor math...
silverlinings11 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank