Aa
A
A
Close

Learning Disabilities Forum

Questions in the Learning Disability Forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis, Behavioral Issues, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Language-Speech Issues, Living With Learning Disabilities, Parenting, School Issues, Social Development

21 - 40 (of 100) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My son is 3yr old severe speech and language delay early intervention said significant delay in development change of routine very hard is it autism
beasagni | Last answer
i just wanna know why i fall out and cant talk, i cant move? Like my brain doesnt tell my body to do wnat its suppose to. Like im parzlized?
sambocepheus | Last answer
Recently I have been finding it hard to talk. I'll try to say something but it'll take me a lot longer to get the words out. It usually happens when I'm reciting something or explaining something in alot of detail, I know what I want to ...
HunBun1234 | Last answer
I am an American living in Norway. I am 38 years old, my wife is Norwegian and I have been here for just over 2 years. For that entire time I have been taking Norwegian language classes and can now read, write and speak some Norwegian. H...
tedgrey | Last answer
Hi, we have a 10 year old daughter who has ADHD, and has been diagnosed with non-verbal learning disability (NVLD). I have been tutoring her in Math at home, so she does not fall behind at school. However my problem is reading, she is no...
siya31 | Last answer
My boyfriend and I have noticed that my 3 year old daughter isnt as advanced as she should be. She will be 4 in April 2014. She talks but alot of what says doesnt really make sense. And when we try to teach her things, it'll take maybe 6...
April91 | Last answer
5624042_tn?1372200166
Dear All, I will be away in remote wilderness area (no internet) until Aug 8th. I will do my best to answer all your questions upon my return from vacation. Best Regards, Dr. Tali Shenfield http://www.psy-ed.com
My 10-year-old son has been recently diagnosed with learning disability. Homework has always been very hard for him although he is a capable boy. He keeps moving around, cannot concentrate, takes a long time to get started and often leav...
AliciaChen | Last answer
I have a 16 year old daughter who has been a solid ‘B’ student throughout her elementary and middle school years. Things changed once she started high school. Her marks dropped in some subjects and she started dreading tests and exams. A...
Andrea_42 | Last answer
I have an 8 year old daughter who was diagnosed with adhd at 6 years old. She is currently on 18 mg of concerta. Her dad and I are divorced and he does not agree with her being on medication, but will give it to her for school. He decide...
teabugsmommy | Last answer
My little sister's grades continue to drop even though I can still see much effort in her studies. My parents are completely against the idea of ADHD, but I am convinced that she may be suffering from it. Even if she is not, I think she ...
Jake6989 | Last answer
Hi my 12 year old son has had special educational needs since he was 5 years old.he is just about to start secondary school and he still cannot read or spell he gets very frustrated about this,and starts calling himself stupid and then r...
hectic | Last answer
What if I can't afford a psychotherapist, psychologist etc? Thanks for your response but here in Canada those professionals that you recommended me to see charge $120 per session and I can't afford that.
ocdta | Last answer
My neice is 8 years old. She has problems retaining any information given. Her standard of work at school is of a 4 year old in all subjects. Trying to teach her anything has become a nightmare. Ie: We have gone back to showing her a p...
clossey | Last answer
My 5 year old son is having staring spells at preschool, his teacher says he is sometimes staring off "thinking by himself" this happens at circle time quite a bit and he gets very quiet, also he is not transitioning at times when he is ...
Terryd1 | Last answer
I have a 13yr who has ADD and CAPD. He is falling way behind in school and now doesn't even want to go. His grades are awful and honestly I don't think he cares. He refuses medicine. Which his doctor said he is old enough to make tha...
jvigrl | Last answer
620768_tn?1221497489
I have 2 kids 8 & 12. They are both ADHD and both on adderall, & they both have very bad hand writting. Could this in any way be related to their ADHD? My daughter has a 100 in reading and a 63 in spelling due to poor penmenship. She has...
Tanja217 | Last answer
Hi please can you help me. i don't know where else to try my 5 yr old is in main stream school see's a speach thearapist has done since she was 2 but we don't seem to be getting anywhere. she says about ten words in total but has not sai...
shell1984992 | Last answer
Hello, my grandson will be 3 on Oct 4th and is still talking gibberish where no one can understand him. He has been known to sound out the very rare word, but even then it isn't clear, for example "go" would be gwoooooooo or "engarde" wo...
ConcernedGran | Last answer
Our 5yo son seems to be falling behind in school. He has a very short attention span and it is becoming very frustrating for my wife and I to teach him. He has a tutor from the school come over once a week, but even she says that it is...
DOCMJN | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now