Aa
A
A
Close

Liver Transplant Forum

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

1 - 20 (of 1377) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Liver resected to remove secondary cancer 15 months ago after RFA (25% removed). Liver has not regenerated - functioning at about 20% per tests. Experiencing mild jaundice and low energy. Due to some side effects, doctors decided to s...
liberty201 | Last answer
Hi Doctor, For how long is Hbig given, post transplant? Thank you in advance.
happymom2v | Last answer
Deat Dr. Sachiano, Good day! My husband was post transplant last 2007, his latest ultrasound this month result was: - the hepatic allograft: is of satisfactory size w/ homogenous echo pattern, no focal lesion, no dilated bile duct....
marso | Last answer
Part 2; There I am given a cream for scabies and medication for sleep. I was also given Trazodone. I was told this might help with the itching. Test results are (Bilirubin 2.2, AST 79, ALT 121) My Alkaline Phosphatase are at 151at this p...
kesquivel | Last answer
What is your opinion regarding being post transplant and having a pet dog? Being almost 14 months post transplant, I worry about animal borne disease, fleas and ticks, etc. We had the dog prior to transplant but then gave to a family mem...
happymom2v | Last answer
What is considered adequate tacrolimus trough levels 4 years post transplant? For example the lab test says 5.0 - 20.0 ng/mL is the standard range. But is this for OLT or Kidney or other types of transplants? I've heard for OLT it can...
Bill200 | Last answer
Part 1; Hello, I am a 40 Year old Male who was recently advised my Liver enzymes were elevated. I believe this was due to a Pro Hormone Supplement for weight training I was on. My Symptoms at first were Generalized Pruritus, Pale color S...
kesquivel | Last answer
We are post op (cancer mass removal) and surgeon noted fibrosis of the liver consistent with cirrhosis (stage 4 of 4) we are week 7 and have 2 decent days where she is awake a bit more talks somewhat and then its back down hill for a wee...
arh6 | Last answer
Hi, I had surgery in 2009 to remove a large hepatic adenoma from my liver. They had to remove a portion of my liver with the tumor. I have been having extreme pain on my right side by my liver. I got a CT scan & they found a lot of scar ...
madisyn6 | Last answer
Hello, it's day 7 in a hospital whilst on holiday in Cyprus and I am very worried about my latest blood results. Please tell me I am not getting seriously ill, I have a 12 year old cancer survivor at home. I was admitted to hospital 7...
Stana34 | Last answer
/ can respond anyone. how cm should be the liver size?
risi23 | Posted
Hello First of all, I want to thank you for the wonderful work you do on this forum! Health history I have had high cholesterol for about 10 years. Im 35 years old now. In 2010 I was having some stomach issues and lead me to ...
Chris208 | Last answer
Hi Doctor , I need your assist , please . Every thing started 2 years ago .Many symptoms including fatigue , loss of appetite ...for2 months then get healthy spontaneously . I did many tests then I found only hbcab +ve , hcvab -ve , ...
roshine | Last answer
I had 55% of my liver removed on 12/26/2013. Recently, swelling has returned to that area. It is right around my liver and appears to be fluid. It is not painful, but it is uncomfortable and it gets worse as the day progresses. Any i...
testunow | Last answer
Hi There, I am 29, 5 ft 9, my weight is 225lbs. I don't have diabetes. I very rarely drink, I did have an unhealthy diet with lots of junk food and no exercise (started healthy eating 2 weeks ago). I had a blood test 2 years ago ...
Pleasehelpx | Last answer
Hello, I just have this really bad smell and since I'm hep b reactive, I'm wondering if its a symptom. I've done numerous test screenings, viral load and ultra sound and the results show undetected. This shld be good news according to m...
leonnablue777 | Last answer
Hi Dr. In addition to a CT, there was an ultrasound preformed because of elevated liver enzymes. Ultrasound showed "Liver: there is increased parenchymal echogenicity. There are no hepatic lesions". What does " increased parenchyma...
happymom2v | Last answer
my husband has hep c, non alc fatty liver,cirrhosis,enlarged spleen. Last week his ALT was 158(12/13 it was 318) AST 156 (283 in 12/13) ALP 149, GGT 251 ( 344 in 12/13)total bill 1.6(1.1 in 12/13). Does this mean he is getting better? He...
maa60 | Last answer
My father has cirhosis and we have been dealing with high ammonia levels. He has confusion and weakness. He is on Lactulose and an antibiotic. I am reading a lot about a low/no protien diet but a few posts say a high protien diet is r...
nycoder | Last answer
Hello! What medicines are usually prescribed for NAFLD of grade 3? I've read on internet that there are no medicines or treatment available for this then what's done? How is it cured? Thanks! :)
Naash799 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now