Aa
A
A
Close

Lung Disorders Forum

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

1 - 20 (of 89) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm asthmatic and have had a persistent cough for which I've used the preventer inhaler. For the last 2 years I have also had regular bouts of fever, where I suffer from what seem like inflamed lung with flu like symptoms. This normally ...
  Posted
I get bronchitis all too often (yearly this time) and my doctor has prescribed tetracycline vs. erythromycin. His assistant says they are the same. I wonder if tetraclyclin is at all effective for deep hacking cough. Thought it was ma...
  Posted
im 41 old female ive suffered from asthma and for 25 years ive smoked and at times up to a pack maybe a little more but for the last 5 months ive managed to cut under a 10 cigs a day now im down two 1 if needed or 3 on a bad day. anyways...
  Posted
I have had a cold for about two days, this came with chest congestion. Last night i drank a couple of beers and then went to play soccer. I was doing good until i felt pain in my left lung as a took breaths. i stooped immediately and i w...
  Posted
My mother, age 74 ,history of angina but generally healthy and very active, strained and injured left ribs 4-6 ,approx 1 yr ago,pain ever since, getting increasingly breathless,referred to hospital discovered fluid on left lung ,had thor...
  Posted
I recently had a chest x-ray and the report says I have a 5 mm nodule overlying the 2nd rib in the right lung . I have been a smoker for almost 30 years. Could this be the beginnings of lung cancer? I will be getting a CT scan soon. ...
  Posted
I have chronic cough, body aches, wheezing, and coughing up phlegm. My question is that i seem to notice that my coughs are only when it's cold or windy because when it's hot, i do not cough. Any diagnosis from anyone that i could be su...
  Posted
I'm a 39 year old non-smoking female who is about 20 lbs overweight. I've been stuck in a chronic coughing cycle for years. I'm now 9 weeks into another coughing flare. Here is what I know: *I have asthma. Right now, my lungs s...
  Posted
I have some medical issues that varry. I do smoke marijuana, that is the only thing i smoke. My lungs as of recent have been fine, here or there they would hurt from me smoking too much and i would have to take it easy. Now these last fe...
  Posted
My husband has just come back from his Bronchoscopy as was told this was what he had in is lower left lung completely occluding his lower lobe bronchus. What is it,? They said he will need surgery what will this involve and how big is th...
  Posted
Is there anyone can help my father? Currently my father admitted in hospital since 23 augst 2010, The doctor said that his lung infection and have blood clot in his blood. Diagnoses : thrombosis is low (30000) and his HB too (7,6)....
  Posted
My mother-in-law is 90 and has bronchiectasis and CHF. Her BNP is now 6250....last week it was 5100. She takes Lasix 80mg twice a day but still has pitting edema in both legs and feet up to about mid calf. She is on a nebulizer and on...
  Posted
i had an x-ray n it shows numerous calcified lymph nodes in each of the cervical chain n each supraclavicular fossa n in spleen. what does it mean??? will it create any serious problem if i apply visa?????
  Posted
It has been 8 days since i had a CT Scan on my lungs. I requested the Dr. to do the scan due to continuos pains in my back, heavy chest feeling, and the mornings I will not stop coughing until i can throw up a lot of phlegm. I cannot get...
  Posted
I had open heart surgery, 3 way bypass, in Feb 09. After spending 5 days in ICU, my right lung filled with fluid. I was continuously scolded for not breathing deeply. After taking a chest ex ray they drew the fluid off the lung allowing ...
  Posted
Can a broncoscopy be used to determine why a person is always clearing their throats or has general horseness of the voice? Can COPD (emphysema) cause constant clearing of throat or horseness of the voice?
  Posted
1432123 tn?1283338578
hi, my aunt is a patient of primary pulmonary hypertension(PPH). She is now 59 years old. And her Pulmonary Artery pressures are 110 ,and the docotor said her right heart is now enlarging and exhausting also has a small amount of peric...
  Posted
I have never had any lung problems in the past,but since I had a liver transplant 10 weeks ago,I have had breathlessness and walking problems.I have had tests (with more to follow) and it is thought that I am suffering with hepatic pulmo...
  Posted
Good day!! My x-ray result showed that i have ill defined densities in my right lower lung and i was suggested to have apicolordotic view for further evaluation. What does that finding mean?.. I'm kinda scared.. I had asthma attack last ...
  Posted
hello can anybody help me out here i absolutely scared to death, Ive had really strange things happening to me, im getting this strange bubbling feeling under my ribs that takes my breath away and causes me to cough, am also having the n...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank