Aa
A
A
Close
MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) Group
This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.
1 - 20 (of 58) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1227139 tn?1462338230
Welcome to everyone - new and existing members! If you are new here, please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about why you are here....
9 answers |
Women who experience multiple miscarriages are more likely to have MTHFR gene mutation, though researchers have not established a direct,...
Hi all, I’ve just got my 23andme interpretation from Genetic Genie as was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on treatments and poten...
For years I have suffered from joint aches, muscle aches, headaches, burning skin, numbness, fatigue,skin rashs and stomach problems. Ive...
For years I have suffered from joint aches, muscle aches, headaches, burning skin, numbness, fatigue,skin rashs and stomach problems. Ive...
1227139 tn?1462338230
Hi everyone, I thought I would start off by introducing myself and my genetic mutation variant C677T. While C677T is one of the two ...
2 answers |
Hello, I was just told I have a MTHFR gene mutation. Can anyone help me to understand why I would also have high iron levels? My docto...
Just wondering I see a lot of old posts and most of them with no responses or answers. Does anyone come on here anymore? I have a few que...
Please help. I am in the Charlotte, NC area and need to find doctors who fully understand how to treat MTHFR. I'm trying to conceive and ...
1227139 tn?1462338230
Well, as I have posted, there are 24 known MTHFR variants and two that are most common in our population. C677T and A1298C are the most ...
2 answers |
175861 tn?1428186013
The one I have is c677t heterozygous. I've had a lot of weird symptoms--shaking, tingling, anxiety, a caffeinated feeling (but having n...
1 answer |
My family member has had a 2 year+ headache. It ranges from moderate(rarely) to more severe (frequently). We are doctoring at a Headache...
Does anyone know of a way to find doctors that can diagnose and treat MTHFR mutations? Specifically, I have relatives in Wisconsin, and p...
1 answer |
I am positive for one copy of the C677T mutation and one copy of the A1298C mutation. My doctor put me on Lovenox on day one of a positiv...
Hi, I was told yesterday to start a low dose aspirin a day. The doctor said I have the mthfr and he felt it was causing some of my probl...
Can blacking out be a cause from high PMT/ inr levels
Three years ago i was told that i had two Mthfr mutations, Homozygous. I just found out that I'mpregnant and I'mgoing to a different dr t...
I am 24 year old. I have an almost 4 year old daughter. A year after she was born I had a m/c due to anencephaly and leter found out I te...
I Found out 2 years ago that I was positive with MTHFR,I didn't have insurance then but now I do.I will be going to see a hemotologist in...
I have mthfr c667t homozygous and pai-1. Just wondering if anybody is on treatment and not pregnant. I was pregnant and on many multiviti...
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
shasy03 one day when you least expe... Comment
Nov 18
Blank
macejaran joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 09
Blank
melisssan joined this group