Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) Group

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.
Welcome to everyone - new and existing members! If you are new here, please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about why you are here....
What is MTHFR? MTHFR is the scientific name for Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. It is also the gene that provides the body with in...
Here is the majority of the information available in one document. I hope if you have been recently diagnosed this proves to be an effec...
What is MTHFR? MTHFR is the scientific name for Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. It is also the gene that provides the body with ...
What is MTHFR? MTHFR is the scientific name for Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. It is also the gene that provides the body with ...
Hi, I live in New Zealand and it's difficult to access testing for MTHFR. I suspect I have some form of this due to two recent recurrent ...
If someone is an overmethylator, why would one have to avoid Folic Acid? Doesn't this mean that your methylation cycle has worked too ...
Is it more difficult to lose weight when you are undermethylating or overmethylating? In which scenario is weight gain and difficulty lo...
Hi everyone, I thought I would start off by introducing myself and my genetic mutation variant C677T. While C677T is one of the two ...
Well, as I have posted, there are 24 known MTHFR variants and two that are most common in our population. C677T and A1298C are the most ...
I got a phone call from my new ob yesterday and she told me I was positive for 2 mthfr gene mutations. Compound heterozygous she said. A...
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.