Aa
A
A
Close
MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) Group
This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.
21 - 40 (of 58) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1227139 tn?1462338230
Here is the majority of the information available in one document. I hope if you have been recently diagnosed this proves to be an effec...
2 answers |
I got a phone call from my new ob yesterday and she told me I was positive for 2 mthfr gene mutations. Compound heterozygous she said. A...
2 answers |
Hi everyone I'm new her I have mthfr homo c677t and homo a1298c does anyone know what I can do to decrease my chances of miscarriage? My ...
Dear friends, could anyone give me the information about the normal units of MTHFR activity? it is said that C>T variation in MTHFR gen...
I found out today that I am compound heterozygous for C677T and A1298C in the MTHFR gene. I still really have no clue what this all means...
I am 33 years old. I have two children 13 and 8. I did have 2 miscarriages in between the two live births. I was just diagnosed with MTHF...
Been so ill lost 20 pounds have MTHFR. low folic acid..8 blood clots 9 yrs ago on an off.. Now 41 veins get so big an pain in left ear.....
Hi, I saw this article saying too much folic acid during pregnancy might damage nerve tissue and cause autism. http://www.ncbi.nlm...
1 answer |
My entire family has tested positive for the MTHFR Gene A12098/t677C. I read daily what is going on regarding MTHFR. What I find distur...
1 answer |
Hi! My name is Tracie. I am 32 years old DH and I have one four year old boy. We got pregnant on the first try with him. He had one of th...
1 answer |
1747005 tn?1311563804
Hello. I am a newbie. We are currently TTC after 2 miscarriages and a healthy baby girl 2010 (on heparin shots). My doctor has me on Love...
1563422 tn?1295067050
Hi everyone! Just wanted to spread some positive news. After my second miscarriage I was diagnosed w two MTHFR gene mutations (homozygo...
My daughter ha3 3 children. Two births were normal, the middle child's birth was the result of total abruption, emergency c-section, chi...
1277082 tn?1344061420
Hi, Im new to this group. last week I was diagnosed with MTHFR. dont know much about it, had never heared of it. Im 28, had two mc. one w...
Hi, I was diagnosed in January 2011 with MTHFR. I also have a variety of other rare diagnosis'. My doctor explained that I would need...
I had four miscarriages, the Doctor did some blood work. Found out that i have MTHFR/Folic Acid. I read up on this doctors don't agree on...
1085628 tn?1326555485
i love lovenox ... just felt like saying
2 answers |
1085628 tn?1326555485
just checking in on how everyone is doing? I had a cerclage put it on friday anyone know how long pain will last for ?
1 answer |
Hello Everyone! I am very happy to have found this forum. I have had a lifetime of weird syndromes and disorders. My husband jokingly ...
1 answer |
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have had a lifetime of rare diagnoses. I have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, neurocardio...
3 answers |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
shasy03 one day when you least expe... Comment
Nov 18
Blank
macejaran joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 09
Blank