Aa
A
A
Close

Maternal Forum

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

1 - 20 (of 3878) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Posted By Blair Swing on October 26, 1998 at 14:47:40: My 5 year old niece has been diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome and has been given the usual treatment of Steroids for this disease. However she has not been respon...
  Posted
Posted By Mary on April 05, 1998 at 21:30:20: I am a 42 year old and just found out I am pregnant after being on HRT since '94. I was told my ovary (one previously removed) was not functioning at that time so I did not th...
  Posted
Posted By Bob on August 28, 1998 at 23:14:07: My daugher was born (1989) with Duodenal Atresia. The condition was surgically corrected at birth. When she was 6 she suffered two months of excruciating stomach pains. Af...
  Posted
Posted by Jenean on May 24, 1999 at 12:44:45 My 11 year old daughter gains weight without any effort! I recently read an article on hypothyroid disorder and it listed the symptoms and to my disbelief she has them all!! I had her tes...
  Posted
Posted by Patty on May 24, 1999 at 12:07:49 Hi I had a shot of Methotrexate last Monday after a diagnosis of suspected ectopic. The day before the shot, My hcg levels were at 2700. 4 days after the shot My levels are a little over 3...
  Posted
Posted by Kathryn Milstead on May 24, 1999 at 01:21:12 I had an HSG performed at the start of March. We were told that everything was alright to try for a pregnancy. We lost a pregnancy last July at 16 weeks. With no explanation for...
  Posted
Posted by Angie on May 23, 1999 at 20:48:01 I quit having my period while on birth control pills. My doctor gave me extra estrogen to take during my cycle but this failed to start my period. I decided to quit taking the pill all tog...
  Posted
Posted by Fiona Macdonald on May 24, 1999 at 16:58:15 I have K antibodies in my blood. Can anyone explain the relevance of this? What effects might this have on my baby, either before or after birth? If the father is K-negative, are r...
  Posted
Posted by Worried.... on May 22, 1999 at 19:26:36 I know this will seem a little far-fetched, but I'm kinda scared, and I would like an outside opinion. Lately I've been feeling symtoms similar to those for a pregnancy: a full heavy ...
  Posted
Posted by Sherri on May 24, 1999 at 13:35:16 I am a 30 year old female in good health. After the birth by c-section of my daughter 12-20-97 I developed a serious infection in the c- site followed by a ilieo-femoral DVT in my left leg...
  Posted
Posted by Pam on May 24, 1999 at 16:54:40 With my first and only pregnancy, I had pre-eclampsia at 13 weeks, at which point I was taken off work. At about 16 weeks I was put on bedrest. I was first hospitalized at 24 weeks then agai...
  Posted
Posted by Hana on May 23, 1999 at 11:33:36 I am 31 years old now, I have had 3 blighted ovum pregnancies in the last 2 years, the first was in April 1997, & the last is a current one that is scheduled for D/C next week. I have had s...
  Posted
Posted by Patty on May 21, 1999 at 11:24:36 Hi I became pg for the fist time this past cycle with the use of Chlomid. My husband and I had tried for 10 mos. prior. My cycles were always irregular and I knew that sometimes I did ovula...
  Posted
Posted by Denise on May 22, 1999 at 16:36:41 I hope someone can help me. My daughter is 20 weeks pregnant with a normal pregnancy. BP/urine, etc. is all ok. For the past 3 weeks, she has had severe swelling on the right foot, ankle...
  Posted
Posted by Laura on May 23, 1999 at 15:17:20 I am in my 29th week of a fairly normal pregnancy. I am 34 now and will be 35 shortly after my baby is born. In November 1997, I had 3 larger and 5 small fibroid tumors removed from the o...
  Posted
Posted by Steph on May 22, 1999 at 16:10:28 Hi- I am 7.5 weeks pregnant. I am a first timer and have alot of concerns. I have been reading a bit on blighted ovum's. There aren't alot of specifics out there. Could somebody please ...
  Posted
Posted by Jenna on May 22, 1999 at 15:03:30 Dear Drs., I'm 29 and have been on bc pills since 17. Was on Ortho Novum 7/7/7 for first 7 yrs., was put on Orthocept, was put back on Ortho Novum, and got a benign ovarian cyst a while lat...
  Posted
Posted by Dawn on May 23, 1999 at 14:07:54 My doctor has prescribed Prometrium (200 mg 2x a day). I was on Progesterone suppositories for my last two pregnancies (which I carried to full term) due to a drop in Progesterone levels aro...
  Posted
Posted by Kim on May 21, 1999 at 13:52:07 I had a pregnancy loss two months ago, first pregnancy. Dates said fetus was 16+ weeks but measured only 13 weeks. Chromosome study came back normal. I have hypothyroidism. My early May le...
  Posted
Posted by Cari on May 21, 1999 at 11:50:38 Hello, My husband and I (we're both 33) had been trying to conceive for 8 months. I was told that I wasn't ovulating, based on the fact that my basal body temperature charts showed a temp ri...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now