Aa
A
A
Close

Medical Ethics Community

WELCOME TO THE MEDICAL ETHICS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Medical Ethics issues such as Abortion; Genetic Engineering; End of Life Issues; Off-Label Prescribing;

1 - 20 (of 97) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Ok, so I have been researching and trying to find out if I can donate blood after I have smoked marijuana. Most sites including Red Cross states I can. So my question is concerning privacy laws. See the blood drive is through my emplo...
  Posted
My gf was pregnant and had trouble with last delivery emergency c section so this Dr was best surgion he acted weird but we never could decide because we are 40 and this all hit us just wow but we kept seeing him in last 6 weeks she was ...
  Posted
During a visit to my primary-care doctor, he really pushed a test that entails a mouth swab sent to a lab that uses your DNA to determine, among other things, likely drug interactions. I had to ask to learn that the test costs $3,000 and...
  Posted
I noticed one day that on my vagina it had a white patch on it. I'm African American and I'm a virgin. The white patch is a bit like powdery like you can say. It's on the top of my vagina. When I wash down there it looks like it goes awa...
  Posted
I know this probably comes down to my comfort level, but I recently moved states and had to get a new primary care physician. My husband and I are hoping to get pregnant this year, so I went to a new doctor for a check-up and to be estab...
  Posted
Medical neglect cases top consumer forum backlog There are more than 3.5 lakh consumer cases pending before state commissions and various district forums. RELATED Adivasi rally chokes KolkataMusical treat for KolkataMammootty shoots...
  Posted
Is it legal for a doctor to order the wrong orthotic and bill it to Medicaid? I have severe pronation (both feet turn inward), fallen arches and a dropped navicular bone (a bone in my arch has collapsed, and rests on the ground). I a...
  Posted
My spouse & I both see doctors regularly. Sometimes, several different ones. In the last few years, I noticed that doctors offices regularly charge more (up front) than their contract with specific insurance will allow. Sometimes, a...
  Posted
I read with considerable dismay Dr. Avitzur's October 4th article in Neurology Today regarding sexual misconduct. While I agree that the issue is important and I agree with his "red flags" and concern about prevention, I think he skirts ...
  Posted
606340 tn?1371501412
A couple more states will be voting on Doctor/Patient Assisted Suicide this Nov. What are your feelings on the subject? It would be legal after getting a six-month or less to live px. Personally I do not have a problem with it. I was so...
  Posted
Im in day report and im currently taking sudafed, nyquil,and afrin nasal spray.. And i had to take a drug test because im on home confiment and it came back positive for methinphedamin, and amphindamine, and i never took that drug before...
  Posted
6653958 tn?1395763193
Ive been cotemplating the value of life in general, do you think the quality of life is more important than the quantity of life ? If been asked do you want to grow old , often my answer is no, I do not want to simply because the pers...
  Posted
In 2008 I commented about my situation we are in 2012, still unemployed and without any responsible financial abilities to get medical attention. I do not receive government services (e.g. welfare) I borrow money to cover expenses so I ...
  Posted
Can u take Tylenol with amoxicillin
  Posted
I requested today to get my medical records at the clinic I go to regularly. I'm in college so I'm under my mom's insurance for the time being. On the form I had to fill out, I was asked to place my home address which I did. I stated to ...
  Posted
Simply, I was terminated last week for a urine screen administered to me on Jan 24th. The results were negative. That's all it said. I'm assuming I was negative for my adderal, since the previous appointment I had for that RX, was on Dec...
  Posted
Hi My names Alessandro and I've had a history of severe mental illness. I've managed to overcome my problems and have reached the conclusion that psychiatry is a fraud. I would like to know what others think. There has been psychi...
  Posted
Hi, I am taking a large dose of an unapproved drug. Technically I believe what I am doing in my country does not violate the law, because the drug is very new, and not yet classified, thus not restricted. I have asked for some safe...
  Posted
I was dismissed from my mental health doctor before I even saw him. My employer insurance changed so I had to change doctors. Meanwhile, I was running out of my anxiety meds. I missed my first appointment with a new doctor. I was str...
  Posted
I know that a surgeon can bill for multiple and different procedures during a single surgery setting. But is it legal for an Ambulatory Surgical Center to bill for each procedure as if it is different encounters than just a one time enco...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medical Ethics Community Resources