Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

21 - 40 (of 644) questions
I am 21 years old and have been having a lot of UTIs over the past year but my doctor kept telling me it was something I was doing or not doing correctly. So finally I wanted a second opinion so i went to the ER, come to find out I do ha...
carrie_e_cross | Last answer
I "accidently" was diagnosed with MSK almost 5 years ago, but had my first bout with stones and UTI a few days ago. I'm on a lot of meds, trying to pass the stones, but haven't really passed much. I have an appointment to see a urologi...
angiewhitcraft | Last answer
2 months ago, my 10-month old baby boy was diagnosed with MSK on both kidneys. His pedia nephrologist has placed him on low-dose antibiotics (Macrodontin) for UTI prophylaxis but despite that, his latest urinalysis result still show UTI....
TheodoreMommy | Last answer
I'm not here looking for advice, I have advice to share. Having MSK disease and all the stones that go along with it, my stones were calcium oxalate stones. Once I cut out foods and most important drinks high in oxalate, my stones de...
rdm1649 | Last answer
I have known I've had msk for 8 yrs, and I've never had stones, but I do have pain and my hands and feet and face seem to be puffy ( water retention ) Anyone else have the same and what can I do to releive this water weight.
Kimbaw | Last answer
I was diagnosed with MSK six years ago. I am 38. At first it was just the kidney stones but about three years ago, I started having chronic right flank pain (which of course they say is only possible if i am passing a stone except i neve...
Clbeyer9 | Last answer
In Early Jan. I had a bladder infection. I first noticed it because it looked like white bubbles or white things were in my urine. Then I started having buring and pain. I was treated and all seemed better. Then the stuff in my urine...
Susan615 | Last answer
If you also suffer with reoccurring kidney pain whether you are passing stones or not...please respond as I am relieved to know I am not the only one. Beginning to think that I would never find someone that can identify with me. I woul...
FrancesFarmer | Last answer
Hello everyone. I am a newcomer with the Medullary Sponge Kidney Diagnosis. I have just found out after 5 years of relentless pain, tests, surgeries, medicines, etc. that this is my problem. I currently have over 400 stones in both ki...
honeylr | Last answer
My names Vicky, I'm 24 years old and was recently diagnosed with msk in my right kidney . Ihave a nephrologist appointment on May 15. My urologist is the one who diagnosed me, he says I have kidney stones in the meat of my kidney... I'm ...
Vmarturana | Last answer
Well, I was originally diagnosed with nephrocalcinosis, but no reason was given. My new nephrologist is almost positive that I may have MSK, and we'll be doing a second CT scan to get an answer, but my question is: Can this disease cause...
Jamesisahotmess | Last answer
I was diagnosed with MSK last December. I've been struggling with kidney stones for over a year. Urologist did a 24 hr. urine collection which showed hypercalcemia (elevated calcium in blood) and extreme hypercalciuria (elevated calcium...
laf95 | Last answer
Hello, I am a 30 year old female who is apparently a stone maker. I have had 10 surgeries in the last year and a lot of pain. May of the last year I had a CT scan and they said I had 9 stones in my left Kidney largest one 1cm and 6 i...
Cole25 | Last answer
hello everyone i am a 21yr old female that will be 22 this month and i was dx with MSK in the summer time. they found out i had msk through a ct scan that was done due to abdominal pain and lower back pain . i have seen a nephrologist wh...
alex757 | Last answer
Welllllllllllllllllll guess what. My urine dipstick shows moderate blood so you know the drill; off to the lab for a culture .. I had nausea yesterday ... it all makes such perfect sense ... probably debris passing or small stone. Wha...
ChitChatNine | Last answer
I have sponge kidney and have had issues for 15 years now and multiple surgeries. I was recently referred to a pain management dr by my urologist and was told by the pain management dr that sponge kidney didn't cause chronic pain even th...
Chronicpainmsk | Last answer
I have been diagnosed with msk and often experience lots of pain in my kidney area right down into my groin and down that whole side, my right side appears worse but have it in both kidney s... had a ct recently no loose or stuck stones ...
valerina83 | Last answer
I have MSK (living in Denmark) Because of very heavy pain in the prostate and the bladder I was taken to hospital. Urine and blood test showed nothing abnormal (no infection). I was put on antibiotics in subspects for infection. I kno...
Mogens | Last answer
Hello everyone, I recently found out I have MSK and was told I would definately need a kidney transplant at some point in my life, but most likely in about twenty years. I have tried to research MSK, and all my research seems to say...
baldagan | Last answer
The Vitamin D Community is about vitamin D, what it does, vitamin D deficiency, symptoms, foods that provide vitamin D, supplements, effects on health and when to see your doctor. We also encourage discussions about any other vitamin D t...
MH Community Mgr | Last answer
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources