Aa
A
A
Close

Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

21 - 40 (of 649) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I was diagnosed by accident When I had an ultrasound done for abdominal pain. I was told I have medulla spongy kidney. I see a,nephrologist next month. What should I expect at the first visit?
  Posted
Hi Guys haven't been on the forum for a long time - sorting out other health issues. My MSK seems to have ramped up now - lots of infections, both proven and unproven on UA. I am a year or so into the menopause, and I think this has wors...
  Posted
872485 tn?1240607162
For the last week or so, I feel like I'm starting to get a UTI. I don't have a constant urge, but after I urinate, I feel pain in my urethra (that's the best to describe it) for about a half hour. I saw the Neph today and they checked m...
  Posted
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has tried any type of alternative therapies for chronic pain control? My doctors have had me on pain meds for several years and I recently began taking an antibiotic on a daily basis but am still h...
  Posted
Hi all im very new to Medullary sponge kidney and was only diagnosed today by accident after suffering abdominal pain. My Gp didn't seem to know much about the condition and when I asked if my years of chronic groin pain that seems to ra...
  Posted
I rolled a tractor trailer over at work, luckily i was wearing my seatbelt. Unfortunately when the truck went over, the rigid seat belt receptacle was jammed up against my lower back at the point of impact. Ive done therapy, always felt ...
  Posted
I have MSK and Thin Basement Membrane Kidney Disease Along possible Nutcracker Syndrome getting worse. My kidneys are killing me and only both once when a doctor didn't call back to treat a bladder infection that spread to my kidneys. Ha...
  Posted
10531818 tn?1410993462
I am a 38 year old mother of 3 boys and was diagnosed with MSK a few years ago. I have suffered from kidney stones since age 20. I have had 3 lithotripsies. I see a nephrologist, urologist, and a general physician. My kidneys do not met...
  Posted
10818820 tn?1413051862
I am 21 years old and have been having a lot of UTIs over the past year but my doctor kept telling me it was something I was doing or not doing correctly. So finally I wanted a second opinion so i went to the ER, come to find out I do ha...
  Posted
I "accidently" was diagnosed with MSK almost 5 years ago, but had my first bout with stones and UTI a few days ago. I'm on a lot of meds, trying to pass the stones, but haven't really passed much. I have an appointment to see a urologi...
  Posted
10838310 tn?1413205667
2 months ago, my 10-month old baby boy was diagnosed with MSK on both kidneys. His pedia nephrologist has placed him on low-dose antibiotics (Macrodontin) for UTI prophylaxis but despite that, his latest urinalysis result still show UTI....
  Posted
I'm not here looking for advice, I have advice to share. Having MSK disease and all the stones that go along with it, my stones were calcium oxalate stones. Once I cut out foods and most important drinks high in oxalate, my stones de...
  Posted
I have known I've had msk for 8 yrs, and I've never had stones, but I do have pain and my hands and feet and face seem to be puffy ( water retention ) Anyone else have the same and what can I do to releive this water weight.
  Posted
I was diagnosed with MSK six years ago. I am 38. At first it was just the kidney stones but about three years ago, I started having chronic right flank pain (which of course they say is only possible if i am passing a stone except i neve...
  Posted
In Early Jan. I had a bladder infection. I first noticed it because it looked like white bubbles or white things were in my urine. Then I started having buring and pain. I was treated and all seemed better. Then the stuff in my urine...
  Posted
If you also suffer with reoccurring kidney pain whether you are passing stones or not...please respond as I am relieved to know I am not the only one. Beginning to think that I would never find someone that can identify with me. I woul...
  Posted
Hello everyone. I am a newcomer with the Medullary Sponge Kidney Diagnosis. I have just found out after 5 years of relentless pain, tests, surgeries, medicines, etc. that this is my problem. I currently have over 400 stones in both ki...
  Posted
My names Vicky, I'm 24 years old and was recently diagnosed with msk in my right kidney . Ihave a nephrologist appointment on May 15. My urologist is the one who diagnosed me, he says I have kidney stones in the meat of my kidney... I'm ...
  Posted
Well, I was originally diagnosed with nephrocalcinosis, but no reason was given. My new nephrologist is almost positive that I may have MSK, and we'll be doing a second CT scan to get an answer, but my question is: Can this disease cause...
  Posted
I was diagnosed with MSK last December. I've been struggling with kidney stones for over a year. Urologist did a 24 hr. urine collection which showed hypercalcemia (elevated calcium in blood) and extreme hypercalciuria (elevated calcium...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources