Aa
A
A
Close

Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

41 - 60 (of 644) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi I am new here. Was just diagnosed with MSK about 3 weeks ago when I finally went to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for some help. No doctors were helping at area hospitals and was told there was no reason I was in pain so much. I had 12 sur...
minnesota2014 | Last answer
Well, I think confusion is a symptom of this illness, as I am finding out. Anyway, I am sitting here debating with myself if I should go to the emergency tonight. I have MSK (was diagnosed when I was in my 30's and now I am 60. ) I ha...
Bellatheball | Last answer
First of all, I have MSK, i get infections all the time and pass stones very frequently. I do not have insurance, and im tired of running up a dr bill a lab test bill, all because, all he wants to do is run tests, do scans ETC. I underst...
Staceylcash | Last answer
What is the life expectancy of someone with severe msk?
Babyboyr | Last answer
Can you please explain why NSAID's shouldn't be taken by people with MSK? What, specifically, is the harm? Should NSAID's NEVER be taken? Can they cause long-term damage? Thanks!
IvyS | Last answer
Just a quick background, I am a 30 year old female with 4 kids. I am currently waiting for an appointment with a rheumatologist to evaluate me for autoimmune disorders. I have had my appendix and gallbladder taken out due to chronic infl...
braijackava | Last answer
Hi I am newly diagnosed and have a lot of questions. I am 44 and have a history of kidney infections and stones. I also was born with pyloric stenosis. I'm curious if many of you had ps as well. I've read there is a correlation. I have...
Rivkap | Last answer
10947_tn?1281407852
What was your first symptom leading you to a diagnosis of MSK (Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease)? Looking forward to your comments! Best, MedHelp
Med Help | Last answer
Has anyone had this procedure done and if so what were the results? No one in my area has any information on this procedure .
badkidneys840 | Last answer
I am a 42 year old woman. I have had kidney stones since I was 16. I have had over 20 lithotripsies and multiple other surgeries over the years my stones have always been to large to pass except for right after these procedures. I have s...
Codishannon | Last answer
Hi, I'm new here. I'm 37 years old. I had a question to ask. 2 weeks ago I passed 1 ( 6mm) stone after I took some med.It was painful. after that I see doctor few days later and I told him my stone has out so I wont have problem no more....
Msany | Last answer
This question is for people from Ontario, Canada. Has anyone had to stop working from the constant pain? if yes, have you gotten benefits from the government for not being able to work for health reasons?
ugot2bkidneyme | Last answer
Hi everyone! Yes, I am one of you. I am 42 and have been living with this disease since I was 25. I have done many different types of treatments, lithotripsy, laser, pain therapy (nerve blocks) and many pain meds, not to mention many di...
stonedagain | Last answer
hi i am 25 and was told just over three years ago now that i have msk and was told nothing more just that, that was the cause of all my utis while i was pregnant.now about three months ago i went to the hospital again for pain in my kidn...
jess601 | Last answer
I am the mother of a newly diagnosed 16 y/o daughter, today in fact. I am interested in what type of diet works best for msk and for any advice you all may be able to provide. Thank you so much!
mamamayo | Last answer
My 19yr old step daughter was diagnosed with MSK and is in the hospital with a very bad infection. I have never heard of MSK before and I am looking for more information besides what I have read on some wiki and med websites. My main con...
JazzyMom522 | Last answer
Hi, my names daylin. I'm 19 years old and today I found out I possibly have msk. I've had kidney problems since about 4 years old at age 7 a doctor told my parents I had tissue scarring and that there was something wrong with my kidneys ...
Daylin19 | Last answer
I had no idea that Medullary Sponge Kidney was even a form of Kidney Disease until recently when I was hospitalized for an infection that was resistant to antibiotics other than through IV. I am 20 and was diagnosed when I was 18. I have...
SarSei | Last answer
I was diagnosed in 2007 with MSK with no symptoms and I was told that since it had not bothered then it probably never would. Two years later I was in the hospital fighting for my life!!! Since then I have had nothing but problems! I am ...
Suellen78 | Last answer
Just found out this week that I have MSK. My pcp doc told me that I need to file for permanent disability? Wow, I new that the last two years of my life has been in and out of the hospital but forever? Anyone out there on disability?
konnilessman | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources