Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK).

61 - 80 (of 649) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi everyone! Yes, I am one of you. I am 42 and have been living with this disease since I was 25. I have done many different types of treatments, lithotripsy, laser, pain therapy (nerve blocks) and many pain meds, not to mention many di...
  Posted
hi i am 25 and was told just over three years ago now that i have msk and was told nothing more just that, that was the cause of all my utis while i was pregnant.now about three months ago i went to the hospital again for pain in my kidn...
  Posted
I am the mother of a newly diagnosed 16 y/o daughter, today in fact. I am interested in what type of diet works best for msk and for any advice you all may be able to provide. Thank you so much!
  Posted
My 19yr old step daughter was diagnosed with MSK and is in the hospital with a very bad infection. I have never heard of MSK before and I am looking for more information besides what I have read on some wiki and med websites. My main con...
  Posted
Hi, my names daylin. I'm 19 years old and today I found out I possibly have msk. I've had kidney problems since about 4 years old at age 7 a doctor told my parents I had tissue scarring and that there was something wrong with my kidneys ...
  Posted
I had no idea that Medullary Sponge Kidney was even a form of Kidney Disease until recently when I was hospitalized for an infection that was resistant to antibiotics other than through IV. I am 20 and was diagnosed when I was 18. I have...
  Posted
I was diagnosed in 2007 with MSK with no symptoms and I was told that since it had not bothered then it probably never would. Two years later I was in the hospital fighting for my life!!! Since then I have had nothing but problems! I am ...
  Posted
Just found out this week that I have MSK. My pcp doc told me that I need to file for permanent disability? Wow, I new that the last two years of my life has been in and out of the hospital but forever? Anyone out there on disability?
  Posted
Hi, my name is Mary. I am 32, and the mother if 4 children. I was diagnosed with MSK about a year ago. All my life I had mysterious pain and now I finally have a diagnosis. Currently, I have over 80 stones. I have constant pain in my lef...
  Posted
I am seeking a doctor that can help me . I have medullarrycystic kidney disease the past nine years of my life with this disease has been an absolute nightmare. I never go a month without passing at least one stone most of the time it is...
  Posted
I am 25 I have one kidney and with msk also been having problem in my stack aka (Balls) sorry I am not a big speller and.been having pain my hold stomace and below my.belly I help.someone.can.help.me
  Posted
History : Transplant : 17 Yrs ago Last year (2011) June : Started observing Fever (101 F) during 11 am to 4 pm. slowly till july fever was shifted to 5pm to 10 pm. During this period : Whole body scan, CT scan, PET CT scan, ...
  Posted
Can MSk cause low back and tailbone pain? also cause constapation?
  Posted
I am a 35 year old who has been getting kidney stones and infections for as long as I can remember. I really remember my first truely painful stone at the age of 19. Over the past 16 years I have had more then 1,000 stones. (I know soun...
  Posted
I just found this site and thought a good place to ask since my drs don't really know. Anyway, I am a 39 yr old woman and was dx'ed with MSK probably 12 yrs ago or so. I have pretty much always had hundreds of stones in both kidneys, (...
  Posted
Hi, I'm not MSK patient, but my wife is. She was diagnosed with MSK recently. That's why she got chronic back pain for years (I guess). I don't how long she has had this. She is 40 yrs old now. We are living in Boston, MA. Anyone knows g...
  Posted
I have had MSK for over 6 years now, have had many surgeries and passed way too many stones! I have started to have constant pain on my left side now since July and my doctors don't understand why! My test results are always the same, bl...
  Posted
I have so many questions that I am now thinking of, a couple days after being diagnosed. First of all some general information: I am 19, I first developed UTI/Kidney Stone symptoms about a year ago and had some very painful episodes ab...
  Posted
I had an ultrasound on my gall bladder last Friday and got the results that afternoon. No gall stones but abnormal presentation of my kidney. Went to GP today. He said I have MSK. I have been treated for "lupus like" illness for the past...
  Posted
I finally got into see a pain management doctor last week. For the past week and a half I have been having constant pain on my left side. I was slightly nervous about going to my new pain dr because so many people have treated me as thou...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community Resources