Aa
A
A
Close

Menopause Forum

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

21 - 40 (of 660) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Dear Doctor, I am 55 years old and 7 years since my last menstrual period. I recently moved to Fla and just today saw a new OB-GYN for annual Pap and Breast Exam/Mammogram. All was looking good UNTIL my CBE. The Dr. reported that she ...
needananswer631 | Last answer
I have two somewhat related questions. I am a 53 year old female, been menopausal for about two years - have been off and on bioidentical hormones for the last year and a half (currently on). 1. I absolutely cannot tolerate oral pro...
ollie5 | Last answer
I am 46 and had regular periods until Jan. 2007. The past few years I noticed that they cycle though. One is very heavy and lasts about seven days. The next one is much lighter and lasts four days. The next is so light I almost don't nee...
wesa | Last answer
89592_tn?1391278022
I am 59 yrs old...dx'd with rheum arthritis in 1983. I was also dx'd in 1989 with vaginal cancer after 1 1/2 yr of abnormal paps. Everything has been fine so far with paps every 6 months. Today, the nurse has called and said my pap ca...
PaulaAnn | Last answer
I am a 49 year old women and have experienced symptoms consistent with premenopause for the past few years. For the past year I have had irregular periods; Some months I experience very Heavy periods and other months light periods, or...
upnorth58 | Last answer
I'm 55 years of age and menopausal. Last week I had an vagibal ultrasound showing endometrial thickness of 18 mm. My ovaries were normal. Just 7 months ago I had a vaginal ultrasound and it was normal with my endometrium 2.9mm. I was...
Gopmom | Last answer
I haven't had a period in 24 months, but have started having cramps in the last couple of weeks. My uterus feels swollen and I am having slight discharge. Sex is uncomfortable. Any advice? Why would I be cramping without a period?
JB18 | Last answer
I am almost 51 and have some been missing occasional periods. My Dr. said I am entering menopause as my FSH has started to increase. Yesterday I started seeing dark blood on Day 12. I am still bleeding today and it has turned bright ...
eilee | Last answer
Hi! I am 47 and a mother of 4. 11 years ago, after my daughter was born, I had a tubal ligation. I always had regular cycles until 10 months ago. My cycles are anywhere from 36 to 18 days and normally consists of 5 to 6 days of bleeding...
dpssandy | Last answer
I am 59 and have been in menopause for 3 years.I had an increase in anxiety,insomnia and sweats.However,I have an anxiety disorder(relieved by Zoloft) for years,so did not think connected to menopause. My menstrual history is early onse...
kathat | Last answer
I just took my first monthly Boniva pill. Since I have always had a sensitive stomach, I am concerned about the long term effects of taking this medication. I was thinking of taking the drug by an IV instead and was wondering if uo cou...
gad227 | Last answer
I am 48 and had a lumpectomy and hysterectomy (still have my ovaries) last year at which time also found out I have Factor V Leiden. I was told that because of that I could not have any hormone replacement therapy. Currently I am in a co...
Livia13 | Last answer
I am age 49 and 2 years postmenopause. (FSH=142.) Never had any gyno problems/issues for over 23 years (only issue was D&C for miscarriage followed by two healthy/successful pregnancies). Never had monthly cramps.No problems with menopa...
Susan432 | Last answer
I have been diagnosed (a biopsy was done) with lichen scherosis and have (or had) moderate to severe itching. My Doctor prescribed Triamcinolone and told me to take it for two weeks which has helped. I have read several different article...
Waituna | Last answer
329994_tn?1301666848
Doctor, I am so frustrated with not getting answers from my gynocologist. I need an expert opinion on what to do next. I am 50, almost 51 and for the last year have had the following symptoms: bloating, constipation, fatigue, feeling ...
lvfrogs | Last answer
I had chemotherapy for cancer, and was put into post menopause due to cancer treatment,. I was put on the birth control pill a blood clot in my leg and now I have been on anticoagulants. I had a normal bone density in September and wa...
xxzzp12 | Last answer
I had a hysterectomy almost 4 years ago. Today I am having a slight blood discharge from my vagina. What can this be? I exercise a lot and run a lot. I'm terribly afraid.
LinBren | Last answer
I am 47 and have had regular periods for years. There is NO WAY that I am pregnant. I just had my regular period (5 days/bright red blood). Now two days later I have back cramps and I am begiining to flow again. What could be happenin...
jg548 | Last answer
I'm 49 and have been in menopaus for a few years. I take no drugs except Actonel. I am very active and eat healthy and use to have a nice sex life with my husband. I want that back! I've been to more hormon doctors who just want to p...
lori4kids | Last answer
I suffer from what I think is anxiety, feeling nervous and shaky but not outwardly shaking. A few years ago when I asked my gynecologist about it, she actually felt it was due to hormone changes and after several different meds, we fina...
kabs8 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank