Aa
A
A
Close

Menopause Forum

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

81 - 100 (of 660) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, Have there been any studies regarding HRT and aspirin therapy? If HRT is supect in causing blood clots or plaque, would taking aspirin daily help with the HRT risk? Thank You Pat
pat007 | Last answer
Hi, I am a 50 yr. old woman who has always had regular periods until the past year. Now, my periods are irregular, light spotting between periods, and my last period has been going on for 8 days now, seems about to stop, then I bleed br...
vleblanc7 | Last answer
I am 49, in good physical condition (I exercise regularly and eat healthily) and I am at the correct weight for my height. I have 2 children aged 11 and 13. I had a partial thyroidectomy 12 years ago. I was diagnosed as having fibroid tu...
hellybelly | Last answer
i am experiencing facial and arm redness and heat,lasting a few seconds. i was recently treated for hep c with peg and copeg. My hepatologist doesnt want me on hormones and my gyn doc doesnt know what i can do. i have been clear of hep...
sldb | Last answer
My mum suspected she maybe going through the menopause but her GP has told her will not know until she has gone through it completely ios this true because i thought that hrt was used during the menopause and if so this does'nt quite add...
Niccismart | Last answer
i use to take birth control.i was on it for a year or so. last month when i was still on birth conrol my period was only 2 and 1/2 days long, very light. it was mostly spotting. my period usualy last 6-7 days. so i was worried that i mig...
missy104 | Last answer
hello doctor this is swapna my age is 26 and i got marriege 3years back but i have no kids actully my problem am suffering from irregular periods this month i got period within 17 days and iam getiing bleeding very less so i went to doc...
swapnakonduru | Last answer
THis is not about menopause but I have not gotten a satisfactory explanantion from my Dr.s; I had a vaginal hysterectomy approximately 11 weeks ago, I still have my ovaries and fallopian tubes. A few days ago I had some granulation tiss...
AGMari | Last answer
I am 49 years old and have been taking a 12 day course of Provera for almost the last 2 years to control irregular bleeding due to hormonal fluctuations. I seem to be in perimenopause as I have been having hot flashes lately and all tes...
nycjane | Last answer
can anyone shead any light on this for me please. I have not had a period since Aug so went to the doctors who did a blood test to determine if I was starting the menopause, I am 43. Today I was told that the blood test showed that I wa...
jackback | Last answer
I am 55, I had a abdominal hysterectomy in 1996 when I was 44, everything was removed except my left ovary. In 1998, I started having hot flashes, headaches etc. and my gyn ran some tests, I was perimenopausal, and also had hypothyroidis...
dlw52 | Last answer
357965_tn?1197306864
I am currently 29 years old. I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure close to two years ago now. Initially, I quit having my menstrual cycle at the age of twenty. My menstrual cycles began to fade and come once, twice, or three ti...
Lily_Me | Last answer
Hi there. I have been on estrogen since my total hysterectomy 2 years ago. I am on climara .1 patch every 4 days. I am 40. I used to do the bioidentical progesterone although felt it made my skin break out alot. My insurance isn't c...
livinthedream | Last answer
If a person has had a hysterectomy for cancer and starts to bleed a year what do you think could be the cause of this?
gmawmel | Last answer
I am 38 and for the past 6 months have noted that exactly a week before my period (which has been erratic), my tail bone/lower back goes out. It is quite painful, stopping me from running and a lot of other activities. Also, it tends t...
Runner653 | Last answer
Hi, I am a 49 (soon to be 50 year old:) woman. I had a TAH in 2005. I was on estradiol 1mg. for almost 2 years, I alternated 1 and then a 1/2 a day for a year or more. Then it was recommended that I get off of HRT (by one doctor) so I k...
robinsview | Last answer
I've been going through menopause symptoms for two years now, my period stopped last year around this time. Nothing happened for a year, except I had a couple of spots, then suddenly since three days ago, I have been having a full -on no...
tripadi | Last answer
I am 53 yrs. old and was receiving monthly depo-estradiol injections and taking prometrium (100mg) 3x/week. I decided to stop all hrt - my last injection was 10/12/07 and one month later I stopped taking the prometrium also. About 2 we...
smj_54 | Last answer
so my mother has alot of allergies and one of them is to bubble bath last week i was feeling very sick and took alot of baths to calm my nerves i would say about 4 or days in a row. using bubble bath, a few days after i became very itch...
2YOUNG2DEAL | Last answer
I am 53, post-menopausel and I take low dose HRT, estradiol and prometrium. Lately I have been experiencing achiness all over upon waking. Once I'm up and around and have a cup of coffee it goes away and I feel just fine. Could this b...
Ashley52 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank