Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What is Hyper-Cerebral Electrosis or HCE ?

Hi Doc,
       What is this HCE? Two days ago i was feeling pressure in my head and eyes and was having difficulty breathing so i surfed the net and typed in the search box of yahoo"pressure on head" and here is what i got. http://www.duke.edu/~rist/explode.html
In this website they say that a chess player in moscow died of a bizzare death because during a chess game his brain exploded like a bomb. another incident suck like this has happened as well when a females psychic's brain exploded the same way. The doctors say this maybe due to the overloading of brain by the body's own electricity.
they say if you have the 3 of these following syptoms you can have hce.The syptoms are:
1: Does your head sometimes ache when you think too hard? (Head pain can indicate overloaded brain circuits.)
2: Do you ever hear a faint ringing or humming sound in your ears? (It could be the sound of electricity in the skull cavity.)
3: Do you sometimes find yourself unable to get a thought out of your head? (This is a possible sign of too much electrical activity in the cerebral cortex.)
4: Do you spend more than five hours a day reading, balancing your checkbook, or other thoughtful activity? (A common symptom of HCE is a tendency to over-use the brain.)
5: When you get angry or frustrated do you feel pressure in your temples? (Friends of people who died of HCE say the victims often complained of head pressure in times of strong emotion.)
6: Do you ever overeat on ice cream, doughnuts and other sweets? (A craving for sugar is typical of people with too much electrical pressure in the cranium.)
7: Do you tend to analyze yourself too much? (HCE sufferers are often introspective, "over-thinking" their lives.)
Now the problem is doctor that i have many of these syptoms especially No:1,3 and 6. I dont eat too much ice cream's or donuts but i have noticed that since the last month i've been consuming more foods and products with sugars than usual e.g now days i take 4 pepsis or cokes a day.
Although i know that i'm not an HCE sufferer or victim because they say it happens to very intelligent poeple who concentrate a lot, though i am intelligent but i dont much concentrate on things yet sometimes i do get anxious over little little things.
My question to you is that what should i do to to calm down myself as right now i've become paranoid and from the last two days i've been thinking if my head's gonna explode.
My second question is that if something like HCE really exists what should be done to avoid it, and how can we keep a balance in the electrical activity in our brains to avoid it.
thanx.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242532 tn?1269550379
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
There is absolutely no medical foundation for the HCE syndrome.  This is total nonsense, and nothing for you to worry about or take the least bit seriously..  It does not happen.  It does not exist.

The best way to calm yourself is to deal with whatever real life anxieties you are having, that are being displaced onto this fictitious syndrome.

Try the masteringstress program to get started.
Helpful - 0
Oh i think i've been fooled as this is an urban legend !!
If really this was a joke then its not good.
Still i am not sure about its authenticity so i would prefer to know if its true or not from the learned doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Depression/Mental Health Forum

Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area