Depressed and ill reaction to marijuana

Two nights ago, my sister, fianc
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Here's something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b30iwhEw9ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azkLQpyiGHA&mode=related&search=
Helpful - 0
My husband had a very bad reaction last night that had me quite concerned for him.  He smoked one pipeful himself (about 3 inhalations) some time after dinner.  We then sat on the couch a bit, and he felt somewhat bad in his stomach, but we made love then.  After that he got up, and got the spins, and had to lay on the floor.  He thought he might vomit, and crawled in stages down the hall to the bathroom, stopping twice along the way because he was so dizzy.  Once in the bathroom, he lay on the floor for 2 hours, just feeling awful.  He was extremely gasey, nauseous, and dizzy.  Completely unable to stand up.  So, I got him some pillows, he asked that I put a hat on his head to "ground" him.  I covered him with a blanket, and checked on him often.  Finally he had fallen asleep.  Then he was able to get up and go to bed but still felt bad.  He woke up and went to work today.  Said he was very tired, but better.  He has had 2 other bad experiences on pot.  He feels his heart beating too fast.  I guess that is a common bad reaction.  But this one makes him think he shouldn't smoke again maybe.  He takes medication for gout and has hay fever allergies.  He's 49.  Anyone heard of such a bad reaction to pot?  Thanks.
Helpful - 0
I had something somewhat like yours. I was fine for the first 2 minutes until i walked downstairs. Then all of a sudden my heart was racing unusually fast. I couldnt see very well becasue my eyes werent focusing like they should. I had to hold my finger in front of my face just to see straight. Then my body sort of  got tingly in a way. Like you feel when you wake up after passing out if anyone knows what that feels like. I felt like i was spinning very fast uncontrollably. I wasnt high, it was my first time. I knew i was having a bad reaction but i dont know why. To describe it as best as i can, if any of you have ever seen the movies where someone is walking down a hall then you hear them breathe heavily and the sides of the screen(the persons vision range) becomes fuzzy and shaky. Thats how it felt, but i could breathe fine. I ended up having to call 911. I want to try it again, but i dont know if i should. I dont know if im allergic to it, but i really want to try it again. If i am allergic to it, what will happen if i try it again? Some help please....
Helpful - 0
I had something somewhat like yours. I was fine for the first 2 minutes until i walked downstairs. Then all of a sudden my heart was racing unusually fast. I couldnt see very well becasue my eyes werent focusing like they should. I had to hold my finger in front of my face just to see straight. Then my body sort of  got tingly in a way. Like you feel when you wake up after passing out if anyone knows what that feels like. I felt like i was spinning very fast uncontrollably. I wasnt high, it was my first time. I knew i was having a bad reaction but i dont know why. To describe it as best as i can, if any of you have ever seen the movies where someone is walking down a hall then you hear them breathe heavily and the sides of the screen(the persons vision range) becomes fuzzy and shaky. Thats how it felt, but i could breathe fine. I ended up having to call 911. I want to try it again, but i dont know if i should. I dont know if im allergic to it, but i really want to try it again. If i am allergic to it, what will happen if i try it again? Some help please....
Helpful - 0
Let's not forget Mary jane is ILLEGAL and it easy to detect. Stick to only legally prescribed meds. If you get busted you wont have the liberty of being able to take many of the effective prescribed meds. It's risk to benifit ratio is just not there. Be smart or you'll be sorry. With any medical condition jail is a house of horrors. No one in there gives a sh*t if you have problems. In fact they exploit them and take great personal satisfaction in seeing you suffer or come apart. You think you are having a rough time now x your problems by at least 10 and that's the beginning of having them and being in jail.
Helpful - 0
The only bad reaction I ever had was when combined with alcohol, and it sounds the same as what your fiance's "bad trips" were.

But like the doc said, I certainly would not try it again under those cicumstances. It could have been laced, as you never REALLY know. Molds and other unknown factors could also produce allergic reactions in some people.

Hope it helps!
Miena
Helpful - 0
I had a very similar reaction to marijuana like you both describe. I used to smoke marijuana every day since I was 15 and never had a negative feeling/reaction with it. However when I was 19 I had a traumatic life-threatening experience. Pretty much ever since then when I smoke marijuana I get VERY paranoid, do not want to socialize with ANYONE, and have a VERY overwhelming feeling of despair and FEAR. Any little problem/stress I had before becomes overwhelming and and gives me something I like to call "THE FEAR". Hard to describe but just a gut-awful feeling of terror I can feel... so its not just emotional. Anyhow I think because of my traumatic experience I have developed social anxiety disorder or something (I dont like to talk with people I don't know at ALL, and always feel someone is out to get me or talking about me even when I dont smoke). Anyhow I know when I smoke it is this same fear/anxiety but AMPLIFIED intensily. Most likely these feelings in you or your significant other are some sort of anxiety that you may not know you have until it is amplified or triggeres by marijuana?? not sure, but in my case I believe thats what it is. Not sure because I have never been to a phsyciatrist or doctor, but am VERY close as its beginning to be unbearable. just my thoughts.
Helpful - 0
What you are experiencing sounds much more severe than what my fiance felt. As a matter of fact, he says he feels back to himself again now (4 days after smoking the pot). All I know of what he felt those first few days is decribed in my original post ("fogginess," sleepiness, slight nauseua). I can't really offer you any insight because I've only tried pot twice myself, and don't know that much about it. Sorry and good luck...
Helpful - 0
not trying to overrun your post here, but i am having an ill reaction to marijuana(suspected) as well... maybe some relation
I smoked not too much with some friends, and quickly felt too high to be able to handle myself. I went to bed and had terrible spins, and was afraid that i was going to die.  I woke up the next morning, everything seemed fine.  I quickly noticed later on in the day something wasn't right.  I felt spaced out, and disconnected, over the next week or so my eyes became consistently dry, and insomnia started setting in.  I have really wierd dreams when i go to sleep now.  The condition almost went away for a couple of days, then came right back.  I've also noticed some vision problems, feels as if either my left eye is bulging, or some central vision loss occurred.  It is now approximately 3 months later, i've had an MRI of the brain done, 2 blood screens, and a trip to the opthalmologist.  Nausea occurs in there as well, i find it hard to focus on any one object at a time with my eyes.  only abnormal things that turned up were some minor high blood pressure readings, and high ocular pressure in the left eye, which i guess wasn't severe enough to treat.  wondering if maybe any of these symtpoms are present in your friend/husband. Good luck
Helpful - 0
242532 tn?1269550379
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
He has had a "bad trip" and obviously shouldn't do it again. What happened is he opened up a compartment in his mind that is the source of his depression that he has managed over these decades, but not really addressed or resolved. These are ancient childhood memories and worries. He has had a glimpse at them. If he wants to resolve them, this is a good time to see a therapist for a short term highly focused intervention. He could do a lot in a short period of time with the right person.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Depression/Mental Health Forum

Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area