Aa
A
A
Close

Mirena IUD Side Effects Support Group

A help site for women who have had mirena side effects,lots of mirena horror stories,advice,imformation,help.

41 - 60 (of 109) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
so i have had the iud in for a little over a year and ive hated it since day 1. i cramp all the time and its ruined my sex life with hubby. we are also ready for baby number 2. i have tried to check for strings many times and i cant find...
samis3 | Last answer
Just wanted to post my experience with Mirena and for anyone considering the option... I had been on the pill for 10 years and never really had problems with it, however I was tired of all the hormones and wanted to give my body a "break...
laa06c | Posted
253332_tn?1392043924
I've had a lot of problems since getting my Mirena out but I don't know how much of it has to do with the IUD or is something else. I've had horrible lower back pain for the past year or so, though I only got my Mirena out back in like ...
hismuse | Last answer
I had my Mirena inserted about a month ago. The Mirena is pretty much my last choice at not having a hysterectomy (age 30). I have one child (I am a very high risk pregnancy) but we might want another in the future. Anyhow after having m...
gwennie10 | Last answer
I am approaching the 5 year mark in February for the mirena removal and I was wondering if anyone else on this board has been able to keep theirs for the full term and if so, did you by chance have more pronounce symptoms toward the end?...
katizs | Last answer
I had the mirena IUD inserted in April of 2009 and had it removed in October of 2012. I haven't been actively trying to get pregnant but my husband and I have not been using protection and I have been on any other form of birth control s...
terrynurse | Posted
Hello! I'm new to the site but I saw so many post that I can relate to. I had my IUD since 2010. It was great at first; I'm not one to want to take a pill. After awhile I would have bleeding during sex and it would stop. I would get B...
Sparklez600 | Posted
I'm not even sure if these symptoms are Mirena related but we'll see... I am a 30 year old woman with 2 children and I've had the Mirena for 3 years. I haven't had a period in 2 years. Since I got the IUD I had an increase of discharge. ...
donnarosanna | Last answer
5580828_tn?1370300178
My two children were born in 2000 & 2002. I just wanted to know what my options were since the pill was very difficult for me to take and I wasn't eager to have more children. The ob-gyn told me the Mirena was a great option! So begi...
JessM44 | Last answer
Anyone have experience of having Mirena ALREADY in place, and then contracting an sti (like chlamydia)? I recently contracted chlamydia and had antibiotics to clear the infection. I have had 2 "tests of cure" that have come back negative...
angel0112 | Posted
I wasn't feeling well and didn't understand why. I do know that my periods were about 17 days apart and definitely not normal so i went to 3 different doctors for help. The first sent me away because at the time was without insurance and...
Kokomo27 | Posted
after reading a few stories in this forum I am now wondering if my Mirena is causing my problems. Heres my story: I had my twin girls a little over 3 years ago by cesarian section and went on the pill shortly after. After a few months ...
TKelly1988 | Last answer
Just got iud/mirena... I have been bleeding for one month strait since I had it inserted. Nurses told me bleeding was normal, but I've been bleeding, pretty heavy, for the entire month.& have had a lot of painful cramping. I have also...
cconda | Posted
Hi- I have had my Mirena for about 4 1/2 yrs- it has been very uneventful. My only complaint and it's a big one--- i cannot seem to shake an exra 10 lbs.. It is all in my stomach area and i absolutely hate it- no matter how much i ...
belle550 | Posted
Hello, I've had Mirena for a little over four and a half years now. Early August will mark five years. Since having Mirena I have stopped having periods for the most part. Every once in awhile I will have a little bit of dark brown spott...
deme6383 | Posted
OKAY IVE HAD MY MIRENA FOR AMOST THREE YEARS NOW NAD I LOVED IT AT FIRST THEN IT ALL WENT TO HELL. I BEGAN TO HAVE THIS REALLY NASTY ODOR FROM A THICK WHITE DISCHARGE. I THOUGHT IT WAS YEAST AND TREATED. I WENT TO MY DOCTOR AND WAS TREAT...
ithinkihatemirena | Last answer
Ive had the Mirena in for about 4 years. I may have been having side effects I didn't realize could be attributed to this. For the most part my periods have been every few months, and only a couple to four days of light spotting. However...
12macy12 | Last answer
This is the best thing I have ever done!!! I feel so much better now that the IUD is removed. When my gyn pulled out the device my stomach went down as if they deflated a balloon or something. This is day #2 without the IUD and I hav...
TokyoRose007 | Posted
595121_tn?1254651030
Do you have side effects caused by Mirena? I started a help site for women who have had side effects feel free to drop by and tell us your side effects story.. www.mirena-side-effects.com There is a lot of imformation,photos,video...
kitmis | Last answer
The first time I had a Mirena I love it for 5 years.... It's been 2 years since getting my second one and I am having HORRIBLE acne issues and lengthy on and off periods....Is anyone else experiencing this???
HaitiGold85 | Last answer
A
A
Recent Activity
6443793_tn?1391648899
Blank
NimdaAilil uploaded a new photo
Jan 26
Blank
hope1079 new york Comment
Jan 03
Blank