Aa
A
A
Close

Mood Disorders Forum

Welcome to the Mood Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Peter Forster, MD and topics covered are anxiety, bipolar, depression, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and stress.

121 - 140 (of 316) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I sometimes am aware of a voice in my head speaking utter gibberish. It does not feel as if this voice is coming from me, it feels like it is speaking TO me and I should be speaking for it. As if I should be interpreting this gibberish l...
ntquiterite212010 | Last answer
My significant other has a reoccurring hormonal imbalance that is causing her depression. She goes through periods of it, then she is fine for about a year. She is slowly getting worse, what can we do to fix the imbalance?
Vg18 | Last answer
It's not the greatest problem in the world, but I decided to join this website to maybe learn some things about myself that I don't know about. I have known this for a long time, but have had no idea why: my mood is quite literally ba...
Arbiter1001 | Last answer
hi, i am scarlet.. i don`t know whats wrong with me.. but sometimes i feel like nobody loves me.. even i don`t love myself.. i m good at nothing,. my friends say that i m very intelligent.. i have always got good grades but still i feel ...
scarlet007323 | Last answer
I am a SAHM of a 4 and 2 year olds - I am also expecting another child in July/ Aug. I love my children but recently my stress and anxiety level is out of control. I find myself yelling at everyone, then crying, I'm nervous all the tim...
berryblue11 | Last answer
994257_tn?1266246292
I am currently taking 400mg of Lamictal ODT for bipolar II disorder and to help in the treatment of migraines my periods are coming later and later every month and they are really light. Is this common for this medication. Also I'm not...
tanlee27 | Last answer
i have been having problems with depression for years going from severe to moderate. No one seems to want to talk about my symptoms though. i feel very detached from everything , my prospective seems to change.... what i see doesn't se...
missiemids | Last answer
1306348_tn?1314476883
Hi my Becky and i think im bipolar. My moods switch on me either from days or hours sometimes weeks. when im happy im really happy hyperactive and my thoughts run so fast through my mind that i start loads of projects at a time. i abuse ...
becky90210 | Last answer
Hello, this may seem like a strange question and I don't know if you have the ability to answer it, but I was really hoping you could try. I'm a 31 year old male who had no history of mental or other illness before 2006. I have smoked...
tron78 | Last answer
I have been taking lexapro 10mg for 8 months for postpartum anxiety and depression. After 6 months of talk therapy and some lifestyle changes I have felt like stopping the lexapro. My dr. said I would not have any side effects from goin...
Mamatomany | Last answer
Hi, Doctor. I have been taking Peroxitine 30 mg for several years for depression. I am battling bad depression right now.....is it safe to take GABA and 5-HTP while taking an antidepressant? I know someone who says they are wonderful...
paint0 | Last answer
i have been taking barr brand 5mg diazepam for anxiety and it has worked very well. now it is now longer being manufactured. there are many drug companies who make versions of generic diazepam. can you please give me some guidance on ...
tifereth | Last answer
Hi Doctor, I am a 28 y/o female medical student with a long standing history of major depression. For the last couple of months I have been in an "episode", depressed mood, decreased concentration and energy, anhedonia, sleep/appetite c...
redtear | Last answer
1694934_tn?1306554688
my son will be turning 6 years old in a couple of weeks. Im not sure how to describe what is going on with out going into great detail. With in the last year I have noticed a huge change in his mood and self esteem. He went from bein...
azazeleek | Last answer
1648124_tn?1301364223
So, my three and a half year old son has been having major issues since before 18months. He has been on Tenex which is showing no effect it did work well for the first few weeks but he is back to his previous behaviors. It never did help...
momma1219 | Last answer
1547280_tn?1294170469
Hi there, my son is 14, and we've travelled a very long road. Grade 1 was diagnosed with ADHD & ODD,meds - Concerta then switched to Strattera. Grade 4 was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder after an apparent psychosis. Later the diagnos...
ObiQuiet | Last answer
282524_tn?1348492612
ok a little backward, im 30 married with 3 kids. i stay at home & my husband works. i hav tried workn but my anxiety & bi polar gets in the way, i hav a very hard time bein around people. i also hav a mood disorder, so god bless my husba...
rebbecca | Last answer
My mom was diagnosed bipolar 6 months ago and has went down hill since. Anyway 6 months ago she thought she was pre menopauseal and they came up she wasn't then she started seeing someone at pathways and they diagnosed her bipolar where ...
sfostermdmf | Last answer
Hi! A friend of mine is anxious with her situation... She said that she's hearing her own voice, speaking for the other sides of her. I'm not sure if it's just split personality when there is a lot of sides involve... And she said, all o...
yummi_nona | Last answer
In the last 6 months my 9 year old boy has had 3 outburst where he seems to change into another person. I can see it in his eyes. These are not just getting mad issues. You can't reason with him. He is angry. Sometimes he threatens ...
Clevelandfc | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank