Aa
A
A
Close

Muscular Dystrophy Community

Muscular Dystrophy (MD) refers to a group of more than 30 inherited diseases that cause muscle weakness and muscle loss and eventually cause you to lose the ability to walk. Discuss topics including Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), other types of MD, symptoms and ways to improve quality of life.

1 - 20 (of 77) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am 42. About a decade ago I went for an MRI of my neck because of constant, intermittently-cripplingly painful, pins and needles all down my left arm. The MRI showing some bulging and malfooglelations in the cervical section of my neck...
Morlaf | Posted
My brother is 37 and has muscular dystrophy and was wanting done advice....i have a 9 year old son and am really really worried recently. .He has problems running and recently has been complaining of foot pain. .We  are currently seeing ...
mattsprooles | Last answer
How an I help my brother? His son which is 4 yrs old was just diagnosed with Duchne Muscular Dystrophy. My sister in law is not accepting his conditioning, she is very reserved to herself and does not want her family to find out. I am sc...
analyoyervides | Last answer
Hi, I need advise for my father. He is patient of distal myopathy which is proved by a team of doctor's 3 years ago and he has the problem since 5 years .First he felt pain in both feet then within few months pain had subsided but wea...
PURUSHOTTAM41 | Last answer
I would be very thankful if someone could give some suggestions that might help me find a diagnosis (and excuse my English, since I´m not a native speaker) Since my childhood / early adolescence I suffer from a generalized muscle weak...
PeterMa | Last answer
Dear All, I am hoping someone can help me with a question that has been troubling me for a very long time. I am a male, 34 years. I had three sisters and all three developed a form of neuromuscular degenerative disease impacting motor fu...
zackx | Last answer
Hello all, my son just got diagnosed with DMD. Are there any other parents out there who I can talk to? It looks like this forum is not followed, so I just want to see if I can find some help and support from families who are going throu...
petyatwity | Last answer
I am 20 years old male.my previous medical history is clear.it's been from 1month after excessive streching albs exercises along with weight lifting as a beginner I'm having pain along with burning sensations and pressure like contracted...
MTA007 | Posted
I first noticed a slight dent in the inner portion of my right pec muscle about 5 years ago. Today I am missing half of my pec as it continues to deteriorate in the direction of my shoulder. I am 24 years old and I exercise quite frequen...
Jon_knapp | Posted
I have a very extensive family history of Muscular Dystrophy including my mother and I have been experiencing a lot of leg weakness and some numbness on the top of my feet lately. For example I can't get up a step in a pool if there is ...
curious1972 | Posted
In February, I noticed that my posture was off and my shoulders where hunched up towards my head and forward with prominent muscle knots in my trapezius. Whenever I tried to sit up straight, I felt this strain around my clavicle that wa...
ChelleyJar | Posted
Hello, I am new to this page and I want to thank all of you in advance who takes time to read my question :) I am 22 years old now, and I have always had problems with my legs and arms. Since childhood I used to occasionally have sor...
qetqeta | Last answer
My brother is 37 and has muscular dystrophy and was wanting done advice....i have a 9 year old son and am really really worried recently. .He has problems running and recently has been complaining of foot pain. .We are currently seeing ...
mattsprooles | Posted
I tore my groin 5 year's ago and this weekend i felt excruciating pains all over again after a dance class. Is it possible that i did not fully recover from the tear or that it was prone to an easy rip... Please help :/
dashadadancer | Posted
My right hip goes numb and sometimes it hurts. I think it might be my muscle? It's been happened once every couple of weeks for about a year now. I haven't been doing much intense exercise for the last 3 years, which is why I'm confused ...
Juliet95 | Posted
11594441_tn?1419697588
Like an itch that must be scratched, my muscles frequently feel like they need to be squeezed. It's almost as if the blood isn't circulating. It started when I was 12 but I often wonder if this is some sort of OCD. The urge usually becko...
Wheretogirl | Posted
Hi ive been suffering something with my right side knee. ive got it damaged by kneeing and installing tires at a tire shop ive work at. at work we don't have a tire machine and ive installed large busses tires on rims. mount and dismount...
typex | Last answer
Hi, is there anybody with LGMD2K or POMT1 related muscular dystrophy?
iskraklara | Posted
My name is crystal and i am 31. I have suffered from the form of.md.called fsh or fshd. Its know as both. Since i was 17. I have had no offical theropies because when i was diaginosed i was told by the doctor in johnshpokins childens cen...
vixen528 | Last answer
my husband has muscular dystrophy adult onset we have 1 yr daughter is there any chance of getting disease or any other problum or complication by me from him via sex or any other means plz also tell about our daughter thanx
samjedali | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Muscular Dystrophy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...