Aa
A
A
Close

Neonatology Forum

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

1 - 20 (of 403) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Dear Doc, My cousin gave birth to a baby girl in ending Jan. The baby was born in 37th week..normal dleivery. Every thing looked fine with the baby for the first day. Then it was noticed that she has stiff legs and arms. She wasnt dri...
seemashah | Last answer
dear sir,, for my baby the lateral ventricle is slightly big as 10.07 as left side, and right sibe was 9.67. in this case if any problem in future for my baby.
senthil140 | Last answer
Hello doctor! I am 23 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I had a ultrosound today in which the doctor noted: " borderline ventriculomegaly on left side" (8.4 mm); what is the normal ventricle average size at this age? Is 8.4 mm enlarged? 3...
abruptica | Last answer
we had our 2nd ultrasound and it showed the babies ventricles at 30mm wide. doctors say normal range is 6-8 mm wide. we are very concerned about the babys health. what is the survival rate for babies with 30mm? is there any chance of th...
omni32 | Last answer
I had a question about some lab values that were taken of my newborn in hospital. He was born at 39 weeks with no fetal distress in utero or during labor. He had APGAr scores of 6 at 1 minute and 7 at 5 minutes. He had a loose nuchal ...
raj887 | Last answer
I am 32 weeks pregnant with my first child. At about 24 weeks it was discovered that the left ventricle in my baby's brain was enlarged. 11 mm. They scheduled an ultrasound for 28 weeks to check and see if there was any change. At 28 wee...
cmesmile08 | Last answer
I am a type 2 diabetic and I am pregnant, I also have high blood pressure and my liver enzymes are a little high. I wanted to know what complications each of these things could cause for the health of my baby and also myself. I am was to...
Sonia708 | Last answer
Our 19 week ultrasound showed a slight enlargement to a 30% portion of one kidney in a male fetus. A subsequent ultrasound 2 weeks later showed no change in the kidney appearance, but the radiologist suspects a multicystic kidney with t...
leviate | Last answer
I have a friend who had a premature baby at 24 weeks, and the little guy has overcome all sorts of obstacles. He however about 3-4 weeks started having problems with eating. It would take up to 2 hrs for him to take 2 ounces of formula a...
fran813 | Last answer
Hi, I was a daily pot smoker for about 2-3 months, and have quit using as of today. My question for you is if I get pregnant this month, will the metabolites left in the fat cells, etc harm the fetus? I am currently not pregnant but am ...
rjs324s | Last answer
My baby girl was diagnosed with a very significant cystic hygroma which resolved around 18 weeks but they also found one artery in the umbilical cord. Today at 24 weeks her body is in 30th percentile but her head is in the 3rd percentile...
bluetetra | Last answer
i am 20 years old and pregnant with my first child. At 20 weeks my doctor discovered that my baby had gastoschisis. All has been well for the baby. i am now 36 weeks and possibly due any day. His bowel is now swollen to 1.5, and i want...
lex247 | Last answer
359668_tn?1201451873
I was wondering if I had an amniocentesis if it would show all syndromes like williams syndrome or if those are more in depth and would not show...I had an amnio and it was all normal but i am having something pop up which could be genet...
cantwait13 | Last answer
My one year old grandson has recently been diagnoised with a swallowing problem that is interfering with his eating - he can only take very small bites and can only drink from a bottle. I have also observed that he has what appears to b...
FGM | Last answer
thanatophoric dwarfism is a lethal form of dwarfism where the babe dies minutes after birth. I just went to see my OB and I have to go tuesday to the high risk fetal dev. clinic in London ON for a detailed US. My GP that I saw monday ...
theresamarie | Last answer
I was just prescribed adderrall by my doctor. I have taken four in the past three days. I just found out that I am expecting (surprise). I immediately discontinued the use of the med, but am still worried if there is risk of damage to...
leah800 | Last answer
I am 13 weeks pregnant and I have been taking Norco 10/325 mg. for 2 1/2 years. I am horrified for the health of the baby...I take them for a back injury and back cyst that sits on my L5-S1 disc causing sciatica and severe low back pain....
mom2be_10 | Last answer
Dear Sir/ madam My daughter is 8 months old and diagonised with CHARGE syndrome. After conducting MRI - brain, her report comes with comment of capacious forth ventricle with hypoplasia of inferior vermis Request you to clarify abo...
Ghanshyamkumar | Last answer
Please any help with this is urgently wanted! I am now 21 weeks pregnant and at 18 weeks found I have this antithrombin III deficiency. I have preiously had a DVT in my leg after ankle surgery in 2008. I was put on 40mg Clexane Injectio...
rscotton | Last answer
I am currently 12wks pregnant and will have an amnio done in 4 wks. Our daughter was stillborn in Sept '09 her amnio came back clear. Does this mean that her chromosomes were fine, no genetic defects of any kind found? I am not sure what...
MommaBrownX5 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now