Aa
A
A
Close

Neonatology Forum

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

81 - 100 (of 403) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi everyone my daughter in law has just had her 20wk scan and has been told her baby boy has a hernia and that the bowel is growing outside the tummy! could anyone tell me more about this please thank you x
michellej777 | Last answer
my sister had a scan today at 34 weeks and was told her baby had either a bleed of the brain or a tumor. she is to have a mri scan tomorrow. what does this all mean for the baby. will he survive, be brain damaged?
angiebaby123 | Last answer
Yesterday I had an ultrasound at 19 weeks and the baby was found to have a 3-4 mm choroid plexus cyst. My triscreen came back fine but doc still sending me to a high risk ob for second opinion. I was told not to worry but how can I not...
tiffany1017 | Last answer
My first pregnancy went well and I gave birth to a healthy boy. My second pregnancy did not end as well and the baby I carried was diagnosed with Trisomy 21(Downs Syndrome). We terminated that pregnancy and attempted another 6 months lat...
NotAgain916 | Last answer
If fetus has a reflux of urine from the bladder or stricture on the tube, is there any treatment for this, as the Left kidney is the only one dilated and the right kidney is normal.
eredodo | Last answer
My expected date of delivery was 7th september 2009. But when my 9th month started my doctor said baby is not growing she wants to do an ultra sound but she couldnt arrange one. next week she said the same thing still no ultrasound. anyw...
Hira84 | Last answer
Waht are the cord dressing procedure?
Dory899 | Last answer
cpc
im 25 weeks preg and my son has choroid plexus cyst i took test and they were negative for tri 18 and down syndrom and mentle retardation! i went to the doctor for another u/s and they were still there! im worried about it alot and what ...
nikki09199 | Last answer
My grand-daughter was born at 27 weeks. She was 1 pound 4 ounces, she had many problems such as the need of 100% oxygen, jaundice, acid reflux, hernia surgery, sleepapnea, 2 blodd transfusions, anemia, and finally brain bleed, it was ca...
Love_fitness | Last answer
i have a boy that was born at 28 weeks and his estmated gestatinal age is now 30 weeks and 4 days he had cotracted ecoli at 5 days old and then showed signs of mengitus but we still have not gotten a clean spinal to prove that now he has...
mom0409 | Last answer
cpc
im 25 weeks preg and my son has cpc a took test and they were negative for tri 18 and down syndrom and mentle retardation! i went to the doctor for another u/s and they were still there! im worried about it alot and what if there not gon...
nikki09199 | Last answer
my bestfriend is 36 weeks pregnant. she has been taking vicodin since before she found out she was pregnant. she stopped use at 35 weeks, but is very concerned whether or not the baby will be addicted when she is born. i guess my questi...
EmmyJJLove | Last answer
Hello, We were referred to a perinatologist because my first son was born with a VSD and they wanted to get a good look at the heart. The echo went great, no problems with the heart. However they told me that one of the ventricles in ...
tellis6645 | Last answer
My 2 weeks baby boy has one eye closed yet the other is open. The eye has been closed since birth. i has slightly openned about 5 times for a few minutes. What is it so and what should I do to help out?
Chai430 | Last answer
I have a 4 day old neice who is currently being hospitalized with jaundice, an enlarged liver, bleeding, and her body isnt producing enough platelets. The Doctors there are trying to figure out what is going on with her but she is going ...
CuriousChris | Last answer
Hello doctor, At 18 weeks i had my last ultra sound done at the fertility clinic that i was attending, i was then referred to an OB. Two days ago i attended my first appointment with my OB at 23 weeks and was told that at my last ult...
Lalusa | Last answer
Do all newborns whose mothers are on 60 mg of methadone daily, need to remain in the hospital until they are weaned off the methadone? My 20 year old daughter is due to deliver any day, and I am ver concerned. I want to be prepared as ...
poa | Last answer
I'm am 27 weeks pregnant and had a 4D scan done, the operator said that my baby's Anterior Ventricles are prominent, and that I should discuss this with my OB when I go for my next visit. She has taken two shots , one of something lookin...
LynAnd | Last answer
Just curious why it is advised not to come off opiates while pregnant. I tapered to a small amount of vicodin (20-25mg now) that has been prescribed during my pregnancy. I am in my 3rd trimester and could deliver any day. Taking this lit...
puellpaea | Last answer
I have been prescribed vicodin by my OBGYN for migraines, etc, during my pregnancy. I am currently 39 weeks pregnant and should deliver any day. I feel like I (and more importantly, the baby) have become dependant on the medication. I ...
puellpaea | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank