Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I am really lost and im not sure where to go to find help

I was knocked unconsious for a min and when i came to i thought i was on fire the burning pain was the most severe thing I have ever felt. When the burning went away I had a cold sensation on my skin with sensations of hot cold hot water pouring on my skin, cold things feel hot and burn and hot things cause an itching sensation on my skin (still present). I had deep burning in my shoulder blades and a lot of neck and back pain. I suffered from many falls it seemed like my limbs were made of spaghetti and I would just trip and fall.  I couldnt write or button things but the pain seemed to stop at my armpit shoulder area( for 13 mos then all the way down my arm) but my hand would curl up and I couldnt move it for a min. my left leg would do the same and my foot would catch and not move(still present). I had 2 episodes after falls where I couldnt move anything for a while my legs first then slowly my arms I think i was paralyzed. if I moved the wrong way I would get heart attack like chest pains that would take me to the floor whereever I was when the worst would be over a deep residual ache would stay there and radiate down my left arm. I was told the chest pains were anxiety attacks. my mri impression says Large central/lateral disk herniation at the c6/c7 level which abuts and flattens the anterior thecal sac with flattening of the left hemicord. there is moderate central canal and severe right neuroforaminal stenosis. 1st time the neuro dx lumbar and thoracic herniations  brisk reflexes and said the rest was bipolar in nature.( im not bipolar have eval to prove) didnt care about neck. after it got worse i went to er and finally found a doc to help. the neuros office called and said to come in immediately and he did surgery in a week. Could these be consistant with my neck injury?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks for the input as I know too well. I know the mind and body is connected and emotions can have a lot to do with how we feel. but it is also how we being the person feeling the stuff going on in our body know there is something wrong. so to someone else its subjective and if they've never expierienced it they really dont know.
Helpful - 0
I was in a car accident (passenger)  I was facing the rear telling my daughter that accidents happen close to home so she couldnt take her seatbelt off and someone came driving down our sidewalk as we pulled into the driveway and hit us we then slid sideways and hit the telephone pole on the other side. we were facing the same way we had just came from. So my head spun to the right and hit the window knocking me out and when I woke up my life as I have known and always wanted to be was over. I was misdiagnosed called a weepy obese female, told to go to janet wattles, laughed at and even the first time I seen my neuro he wouldnt listen to me as to what was happening he even said said some of my symptoms were from the l5 s1 and t11 12 but the rest was bipolar in nature.( im not bipolar i have anxiety attacks sometimes when im around a lot of people )  I tried to get a second opinion and that dr. said I needed to listen to the np and go get some anxiety meds. I was trying to explain that I had anxiety attacks since childhood but I was never on the floor in so much pain and for days.  I went to the emergency room once and they said I pulled muscles because I put my arm out to open the door and the electric shock dropped me. where I live if you have been hurt you are the criminal and most of the drs dont want to help you. because the neuro which i think he was protecting himself due to his mistreatment of me said the accident didnt cause my neck injury but it did cause my back and the concussion so I was offered 4500.
Helpful - 0
I'm a little confused.....did all of this occur as a result of the being knocked unconscious??  Did you injure your neck?  Sounds to me like the neck MRI showed a pretty bad herniation with cord compression.  I had surgery on mine and it wasn't as bad as the one you describe.  My diagnosis was cervical myelopathy.  If you had myelopathy, and it sounds like you did, you can lose control of your legs and fall and many other things.
Helpful - 0
I hope your surgery goes well for you. I drank a lot of orange juice with calcium. I had mine in 2002 when I was 32. The worst of the pain was gone when I woke up I didnt even want pain meds. I just wanted to go home because I felt so much better. I did have some achy days and I took tylenol. Going on 5 years and it seems to be failing.. time will tell...i still have faith that someone can help fix this. Im looking for 2nd opinion dr. but this time im going to chicago.
Helpful - 0
I hear what you are saying about the way you have been treated.  It's totally unacceptable.  That neck injury sounds pretty bad to me.....Why is it many docs want to blame everything on people's "mental status"?  I wonder why they assume so many people have anxiety or whatever.  I just don't get it.  I think it's pretty normal to be anxious when you are in pain or suffering from any other type of ailment.
Helpful - 0
Did the surgery not help? I have neck problems and sunds like your neck to me. I too have alot of these symtoms and will be having surgery in may.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease