Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

brain stem haemorrhage

First of all hello

i m faizan and i m 19. i wanted to discuss abt my brother who is 24. last year on 21st april 2006 he met with a road side accident. he was hit by a car and was thrown into  a near by drainage. beside multiple injuries he got brain stem haemorrhage.
he went into coma and remained  on ventilator for 6 months because his ribs were also frectured. he got conciousness after 9 months. now its over a year he is still on bed can move his left hand and left leg properly but right ones a little. he recognizes all people family members frnds and all other he remembers all things and past events. he can write on paper wat he wnated to say or can make movements of hands to tell anything. he can eat through mouth almost every thing. now he is better but he cant talk he cant sit and could not move i wanted to get an opnion abt him that now wat should  b done to make him healty and will hw able to talk and walk agai n and how much time will be required further. plz help me in this regard.
                                           faizan kayani.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i had a bleed in my ponds on oct 3 08 feeling pretty down hane bouncing double vision, and left side weakness as well as failing kidneys. anyone have any advice on rehab i do everyday 2=3 times a day and it still seems real slow. any advice helps,thanks
Helpful - 0
hi..i just want to give an opinion about your brother regarding to his condition..i'm quite suprised to hear that now ur brother still cant move because ur brother still young..i had 1 brainstem haemorrhage patients,he got sudden onset of loss of conciousness on 19/11/2009..he's now still on rehab which he need to go to physiotherapy,occupational therapy and speech therapy...now she can walk using the walking frame..the most important things right now is,ur brother need a intensive physical therapy,the brainstem is control all movt esp coordination,speech,balance and many things..ur brother loss it and he need to retrained the brain and nothings is important right now compare to physiotherapist..physio will teach him and ur family to improve the motor function..at least he get better in nis bed mobility first..there is evidence said that Stimulation and intensity of experience can influence functional activity.i have so many thing to said but please get ur brother to have intensive physical therapy
Helpful - 0
368646 tn?1208393887
I had a stroke (hemhorragic) in my brainstem three years ago.  It does take time and his fight as well as his famiy's fight will help.  I'm sure he is gettig therapy.  Could you and/or his family help him with some of his exercises for physical therapy? His brain (and nerves) have to be "retrained" how to do most things.

I wish you and your family the best!
Helpful - 0
You are very blessed to have your beloved alive. My little girl had a brain stem hemorrhage and they told me she was dead and they took her off the ventilater and sent her to the morge. That was the end of her. Be very thankful!!!
Helpful - 0
Wow,

I do not have any answers for you, but offer my heartfelt wishes for his recovery and your family..Sorry I do not have info for you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease