Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

BRAIN STEM - What is the best / complete TEST to have ?

Very scared and need advice ...
What is the best diagnostic test to completely and thoroughly examine the BRAIN STEM including blood flow, arteries, structure, etc.  Possible brain stem TIAs
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
LEFT-BRAIN
TRAUMATIC INJURY, 7-9 MONTHS.COMA-2-3YRS.BEFORE COULD PIECE TOGETHER AN D WALK AGAIN, IT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS 16, MAR.,1979, i  HAVE a SHUNT IN MY BRAIN, I FEEL GREAT, PHYSICALLY, ACCEPT I WAKE UP WITH A THROBBING HEAD-ACHE UNTIL I  PUT 1 DROP OF PREDNISOLONE AC IN MY EYES, IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD DO INSTEAD OF THIS?  MY DISABILITY IS THE FUNCTION  OF MY RIGHT ARM AND A SLIGHT LIMP, AND SLOWER REACTING SOMETIMES, I need to get a job and need to know where to go from here, I had 1 boy and 1 girl, 18 and 16yrs. old now!  They were the the BRAIN THERAPY I was ever through.

Helpful - 0
LEFT-BRAIN
TRAUMATIC INJURy, 7-9 MNTHS.COMA-2-3YRS.BEFORE COULD PIECE TOGETHER AN D WALK AGAIN, IT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS 16, MAR.,1979, i  HAVE a SHUNT IN MY BRAIN, I FEEL GREAT, PHYSICALLY, ACCEPT I WAKE UP WITH A THROBBING HEAD-ACHE UNTIL I  PUT 1 DROP OF PREDNISOLONE AC IN MY EYES, IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD DO INSTEAD OF THIS?  mY DISABILITY IS THE FUNCTION  OF MY RIGHT ARM AND A SLIGHT LIMP, AND SLOWER REACTING SOMETIMES, I need to get a job and need to know where to go from here, I had 1 boy and 1 girl, 18 and 16yrs. old now!  They were the the BRAIN THERAPY I was ever through.

Helpful - 0
Hi there!
I would think MRI with and without contrast plus MRA.......Angiography will give you a picture of vascular structures.
You've already had MRI ......right?...Did you have the DNA test for CADASIL?
Sorry to hear you are still having problems, are they steady or increasing?
I see my Neuro next week, hoping to finally get answers....but not really expecting it. He is putting me on some drug tomorrow, supposed to get sample kit to see if I can tolerate it, (don't even know the name, but nurse said it's for my tingling and numbness, and you gradually build up the dosage)
I was told it was very expensive, and should make sure I can tolerate it?????? Not sure about it, kinda anxious/nervous .....want to find out exactly what it is, and see if it's worth taking.
Who knows, maybe it will help out.
I still have all my symptoms, only my headaches and dizziness iare increasing in frequency, and have patchy "dead" or numb areas with a burning sensation......not just tingling.
Very perplexing!
Hopefully we will both find out what's going on......Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease