Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vision problems

I started having eye problems about a year ago.  I noticed that bright lights (the flashing lights on top of towers, certain automobile tail lights, and digital alarm clocks) blinked as I moved my eyes if the objects and my eyes are both still, everything looks normal. It's very hard to explain.  If I roll my eyes while looking at my alarm clock, it looks like the clock is blinking like a strobe light, and it leaves a trail behind it like the clock is still in one spot when it is in another.  If I move my hand by my face, I see the trail there too. My hand seems to drag by. I went to eye doctor today and he found no pressure or anything else worng. He suggested I go to a neurologist and that I might be having occular migranes. What I'm seeing has been going on for 24 hrs a day for the last year.  Could this still be a migrane. I haven't had any headaches either. A little over a year ago I started noticing that when I lift something or strain my arms or legs a litte, they shake. I exercise regularly and started noticing this with even the slightest weight. My hair and eyelashes also started falling out very easily about this time. My main concern is brain tumor. I have an appointment with neurologist in a month, but am thinking the worst.  
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
147426 tn?1317265632
It sounds like  you have what are called "visual trails."  I couldn't find much info about them.  By chance have you ever taken the antidepressant Serzone (nefazodone)?  You need an exam by a neuro-ophthalmologist.  You can find one by calling the Neurology department of a major, academic medical center.

With undiagnosed vision problems amd new, possibly neuro-muscular problems you need an MRI with and without contrast.  You could ask you primary care provider to order one in anticipation of the neuro appointment.  Discuss your fears with him/her.  Good luck.  Quix
Helpful - 0
no meds.  thanks for your post
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease