Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Propecia causing brain damage and ?

Hi. I found a disturbing article about Propecia (Finasteride) having the potential to cause brain damage through long term use.

Not sure how accurate the article is so I was hoping to get some feedback from some experts on the matter. I certainly don't want to cause brain damage to save hair.

Basically the theory is this - 5AR also converts Progesterone to Allopregnanolone.

When this is inhibited by Finasteride it's been speculated this could lead to premature brain cell death - and also why some users experience brain fog.

Although, I wouldn
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
damn, do i got it....yes, propecia (especially after quitting!) has definitely changed my cognitive thinking in a very scary way....i am not the same person i was before taking this ****...a very dangerous drug and one that will eventually(hopefully soon) be taken to court and off the market.
it crosses the blood brain barrier..alters neurons and neurotransmitters....proven by research not supported by merck(not surprising). i've had panic attacks, heart palpitations and confusion from this poison...10 months off and still screwed up!  it is a very complex and scary drug.....stay away from anything that messes with mother nature's plan for your hair my friend!

still don't buy it?...go ahead son, play some roulette and find out....
see you tube video--dr. john crisler finasteride----and propeciahelp.com
Helpful - 0
I clearly fell that my brain function have been decrease after 3 months of using propecia, I`m studying electricity engineering and the exams show me that i`m not good as i use to be...

I just can`t concentrate the same i was able in the past.

Totally series, don`t believe? try it....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease