Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried about electrical sensation in my head

About 3 years ago I experienced a little "electrical shock" in my head and my vision blurred for a few seconds as well.  It only lasted a few seconds but I remember saying "that was weird" it to my co-worker, I was unable to explain it to him, he looked at me like I was crazy. Over the years, I have continued to have them on occassion, but over the last 6 months or so, it seems to be getting worse and they come more frequently.  I even veered slightly off the road while driving because of one.

I was not taking any medications during the last few years until about 2 weeks ago, when I started taking Welbutrin to help me stop smoking and I now have a light headedness and I feel like I am slightly high or dizzy/imbalanced as well.  I also have RA, which I was diagnosed with about 18 months ago, but have not taken any medications for it.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
183202 tn?1219853659
Hello Again. Thank you for your responses, I think I have a clearer picture with what is going on. By chance, did these JOLTS as we shall call them begin upon taking the med. or not long afterward? Also, what is the initial reason you are taking Wellbutrin? The reason I am asking you these questions is I too had a similar reaction as you to the SSRI class of antidepressants. I Was being treated for "anxiety and panic attacks." I have more to tell, yet I Await your response first. Feel free to email me instead if you wish at :  ***@****
Helpful - 0
I wish it was the case, I have been very good about taking it at about the same time every day and have not missed one recently except for last saturday.
The electrical buzzing is more frequet, and I have spoken to 3 nurses including one at my Dr.s office, I am amazed that no one knows what is going on with me. Everyone says "see your Dr", which I have an appt tomorrow, but in the meantime. I just want to know if this is normal or not with this drug.
Helpful - 0
147426 tn?1317265632
I have had similar "electrical" sensations when I forget to take my Effexor.  Interesting...Quix
Helpful - 0
Did you take your wellbutrin on the day that you experienced the shock?  It really sounds like a antidepressant withdrawal symptom.  They are not life threatening, although they can make you feel awful.  Take your antidepressant and see if it goes away in about 3-4 hours.  This happens to me if I dont take my Paxil for a day or so.  I hope that this is what it is.   Sage
Helpful - 0
183202 tn?1219853659
Please let me know your progress and once you get diagnosed. I experienced similar symptoms that have yet to be explained...

I will be praying for you and that you can figure out what is going on!
Helpful - 0
If this is causing you problems driving you might need to see your doctor ASAP or have someone drive you till you find out what is going on.

GOOD LUCK!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease