Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

aneurysm and an arachnoid cyst

I with am a 54 yr. old woman, PKD patient in stage 4 renal fhailure, with increasing bad headaches, blurred vision, and nausea, a recent MRA shows a right middle cerebral artery aneurysm, 3mm, and I also have a left occipital arachnoid cyst; I am getting second opinions from neurosurgeons regarding this, while waiting thru consults, my headaches are increasing -- more likely a cause from the cyst or the small aneurysm? and blurred vision -- left occipital cyst causing this? I am troubled because the neurosurgeons I'm seeing just want to "watch this" and not do anything for now.. I feel they are guessing that kidney failure will happen before brain issues incur.. Thank you.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are far to young to be sitting around waiting whilst the neurologists are playing a 'wait and see' game.  That's enough to give anyone a headache.  I understand your symptoms are progressive, but surely they should be able to do something for you now.  As one of the posters mentioned - when reading stories like yours and so many others, it is difficult to find the answers, when we ourselves don't have the answers.    Nevertheless, there are some very knowledgeable people on this site whom I am sure can shed some light on your concerns.
Take care and keep pestering the docs for an answer/medical help.
Helpful - 0
How big is the cyst?  Are the headache characteristics more vascular in nature and are they near the area where each of the problems occur.  These questions may at least point the doctors in an educated guess about what is behind your headache.  Get another opinion if you can.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease