Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Elevated Liver Enzymes, Swollen Lymph Nodes, Difficulty Swallowing, Pain in Neck and Shoulder

I am a 33 year old female who is 14
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Gosh... so sorry it so long!  I forgot to say that initally I mentioned that when I moved my arms and shoulders it made terrible creaking, skeawking noises... well that was only the day I posted.  On the next day when I woke up that was gone.  Now when that was making those noises, It felt like in my arms neck and head that I had a whoe lottta pressure of some sort built up in side and you could see that my arms, shoulders were splottchy... Weird huh???
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your thoughts, I welcome any ideas.  I have noticed that people really respect your opinion so thank your for your time.

Autoimmune disease does run on the Maternal side of my family.  I said fatty liver because that is what my dr. was hoping it would be because the"risk" factor for other obvious things like the Hep's were low.  What is the HELLP syndrome?  And actually before the birth of my son, 15 weeks ago, I never had elevated blood pressure.  Most of these symptoms began after I delivered him C-section.  The only reason they had me on Labetalol was for the palpations, not for blood pressure.  But my blood pressure does now get high and stays higher than it ever was.  To be honest I don't know what the exact blood work was completed.  I know that the first run of blood work was just what a dr would run when looking for infection, etc.  That is when everything came back normal except the elevated liver enzymes.  So then they ran a Hep series and Mono and Strep.  I guess the Hep C came back questionalble so they ran moer Hep series and sent me to a liver specialiest.  He was very busy the day I saw him about 2 weeks ago, but he said (I'm going to paraphrase) "not Hep C that Hep C the number is usually in millions and mine was only at like 60 or 600"... But I don't know to what he was actually refering.
What my cardio told me is that sometimes in preg if you gain wait very fast that you can develop fatty liver and that it would go back to normal by 6 months.  At this point, I am unaware if they have gone down or up.

My lymph nodes have been swollen for about as long as Matty has been born so 15 weeks.  But maybe they go down a little and get irritated and swell up more.  But before that they would get irritated and go down, this has been going on since I had an injury to my shoulder/neck in 2001.  I don't know if they checked my sed rate.... someone else asked me.

My throat is gettting to where it feels like I have something very thick deep in it and it makes it very hard to swallow.  I imagine its drainage from the lymph nodes but I have no idea.  Another thing is how it feels in my face, its very hard to describe the sensation.  But sometime it feels if you were to put a rubberband around it, like the blood is puddled.

You know, I was thinking about Matthew and if whatever is going on with me is affecting him... and one thing I noticed is if I am having a day where it is really bothersome he gets gassy and spits up alot.  Also, when matthew was born he was a little jaundicy but not enough to treat him and a few weeks after his dr said his billi was a little high but just keep an eye on it.... his color did turn though.  But also, he will break out with pimples or hives on his face and that seems to happen when I don't feel good.  Also, I breastfeed but he got thrush at about 1 month and I have had the worst time getting rid of it, we have tried Nystatin and Gentian Violet... but it won't completely go away.  I wonder if that could have anything to do with me.

I wil try to find out these questions from my dr and let u know.  Thanks!!!

Helpful - 0
147426 tn?1317265632
I've been reading your post trying to come up with ideas.  I suspect your doc is on the ball trying to figure this all out.  It does sound viral, but something auto-immune or related to the pregnancy is certainly possible.  You brought up fatty liver and I presume you were thinking of fatty liver in pregnancy or even the HELLP syndrome with your history of elevated blood pressure.  Were your platelets low?  From what very little I know the liver is supposed to return to normal after delivery.  Are your liver enzymes coming back down?

I suggest you post over on the new MedHelp Pregnancy Forum.  The doc over there is quite responsive in keeping up with the answers.

How long have your lymph nodes been swollen?  Is your sed rate (ESR) elevated?

You're rather out of my league.  Maybe someone else can help.  Good luck, Quix
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease