Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pain strike in head

Latly i have had this striking pain in my head. off and on it only last  a few sec. but it is the worse pain in the world! it feels like someone striked me with something extremly painful. everytime it happens my head hurts & i get a headach for awhile..sometimes it happens when i move my head  a wrong certian way.
Im really afraid it could be cancer?? but i dont know.
im scared. Im only 21 years old!  any idea what this really could be?=( Its so bad now im scared to sleep.i just want to cry!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
147426 tn?1317265632
What you are describing sounds like "Ice Pick Headaches"  They are a well described type of primary headache usually found in migraine sufferers.  They do not usually indicate anything serious.  Here is a good link to read about them"

http://headaches.about.com/od/otherheadpain/a/ice_picks.htm

See if they describe what you are feeling.  Are your pains in the side of the head or in the eye?

Let me know, Quix
Helpful - 0
Also i'd like to add. Im not sure if this has anything to do with this problem. but i know a few times. i have panic and felt as if i was not breathing. and almost went into the ER. this happened not 2 long ago. when i was younger i'd get dizzy alot also.so im unsure if this could be a factor also. any thoughts/opinions/ideas would help in any way!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease